Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

serge

Noob
Hell no! I tested all characters, they all have options except Harley :(
With meter it is possible to get out.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I'll take a look. I have it as 7-3 for Raven
My experience with Raven hasn't been too fun. I've gotten maybe 3 wins outta the 20 times I've seen a Raven. It's Definately a hard match for Harley but I think once Harley gets in that's what stops it from being completely horrible. Could be mistaken but Raven's wake up options aren't the best right?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
My experience with Raven hasn't been too fun. I've gotten maybe 3 wins outta the 20 times I've seen a Raven. It's Definately a hard match for Harley but I think once Harley gets in that's what stops it from being completely horrible. Could be mistaken but Raven's wake up options aren't the best right?
Her wake ups aren't as shitty as some people have said but they're still not a 100% get out for free card so knock down stuff works on her but getting in is the issue. Ravens zoning royally shits on Harley.

serge

Noob
Walk 2 steps, duck, walk 2 steps, duck...
Once you corner Raven and she teleports on the other side you can go back to crying.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
So what can Harley do in the Raven match up?
It's probably 6-4 in Raven's favor only because of the trait. She can use it pretty freely in the MU and get all the chip damage she wants. There's a few things to know about the neutral game though:
- The squeeze covers 3/4 of the screen. If you find yourself at this far distance, it's important to use Harley's back shuffle to stay at fullscreen and get free gun shots... simply back walking won't work. Of course if Raven has the life lead, this distance can be a problem.
- Raven is actually free once Harley scores a knockdown. The invincibility frames on her wakeups attacks are actually pretty short and there's a few ways to take advantage of this. For example, after a 112 juggle, do a forward dash, let most of the animation finish, and jump in for free. The point here is to land the jump attack after the invincible frames are gone. There other ways ways to blow her wakeups up like a delayed f2 after 112 xx SS juggle.
-If Raven is using her frame trap where you duck under a fireball only to get caught by a squeeze, it doesn't work that well on Harley if she's anywhere closer than midscreen. At this range, you can simply jump forward (after ducking a fireball) and use an air gun. This lifts Harley's hurtbox completely avoiding the squeeze. You can also use J1 which also lifts her hurtbox, but that's just more for style.

This MU really tests if the Harley player knows how to mixup because you're not going to get many opportunities to get in against Raven.

My F2 gets blown up so bad by wake ups when I try to keep pressure on after a combo any tips? I normally silly slide into tantrum stance after a finish combo but I founded out its very risky against good players.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
My F2 gets blown up so bad by wake ups when I try to keep pressure on after a combo any tips? I normally silly slide into tantrum stance after a finish combo but I founded out its very risky against good players.
Depending on who it is use I use silly slide into a MB F3 or B3 and punish single hitting wake ups with that once or twice until the player thinks that's what you're gonna do on every knock down. Then after that there's less chance the person will try a wake up with fear of being punished. Try using silly slide then f2 then.

thanks awkward sloth, As you can see I am a new member so I really like gaining knowledge about a game I play some much. With that said I have a question about stopping jump ins. My games are so competitive till my opponent discover that they can jump in on me at will and I cant do anything. any advice?

Just to add to the above, I am asking does Harley has anything like Grundy's D2 (I normally pick him when ppl get jump happy on me)

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Just to add to the above, I am asking does Harley has anything like Grundy's D2 (I normally pick him when ppl get jump happy on me)
Harley's d2 isn't as good as Grundy's but it is usable. Her db1 gunshots work but need to be used in prediction of a jump since they're slow starting up.

serge

Noob
thanks awkward sloth, As you can see I am a new member so I really like gaining knowledge about a game I play some much. With that said I have a question about stopping jump ins. My games are so competitive till my opponent discover that they can jump in on me at will and I cant do anything. any advice?
Her J1 and J2 are awesome anti airs.

serge

Noob
After playing about 40 games with a pretty good Aquaman, I have to ask what does Harley do against a turtler Aquaman?
He can basicly duck the entire game waiting to d2 you into 40% combo as soon as you try to jump in. Whenever I opened him he just sweat out of it with trait. I honestly do not know what to do against an Aquaman that knows what hes doing. The zoning game is very dangerous for Harley because if you get hit once it's 20% full screen against your 4% or 9% gunshots.

Anyway, anyone has tips vs the king of the sea??