What's new

Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
So, I think Harley might 7-3 Batman now. That matchup was bad for him in the last game, but now Harley has a d2 and he can't keep his life lead with mid batarangs.

He can duck walk, mb roll, or use his trait to get in, but that's really only going to do so much. And MB roll just hasn't really been that big a threat to Harley, in my experience. She just recovers too fast. The only time I get punished by that kind of thing is if they did at the same time or before I shot.
lul theres no way Batman loses 7-3, but maybe you play it differently. Can we play?

armani

Noob
I've been trying to develop a shenanigans flowchart for harley and in the process I think I might have found a few things. (which is cool as helllllll lolol)

here's some lab notes I've compiled

so if you end a midscreen combo with f1~trait, it keeps the opponent close enough to you to continue pressure. she basically gets a free jump in, or free punishes. if you condition your opponent right you can stack damage pretty easy and fast. this is all matchup dependent too!

say these are your combos..

[starter], db3, 1, b3, j2, f1~4
[starter], db3, 1, b3, j2, f1~4u

...if you know that your opponent is going to use an invincible wake up

1. crouching after 4 or 4u will either make the wake up whiff, stuff the attack, or you can block and punish depending on the match up
2. jumping vertically after 4u will jump over a mid or low advancing wakeup, and you can full combo punish
3. jumping forward after 4uf will jump over a mid or low advancing wakeup, and can punish with air pistol fury if you want space

...if you know that your opponent will immediately try to jump forward

1. ij2 after 4 will get you a air combo
2. ij2 after 4u will get a full combo (yes the j2 will hit the character before they even leave the ground)
3? d2 should cover you if they try to jump in and attack

..if you know that your opponent will roll first, then use an invincible wakeup

1. ij2 after 4/4u will get you a combo on high wakeups
2. d2 will launch on mid/low advancing wakeups

..if you know that your opponent will roll first, then try to jump forward

1. ij2 after 4/4u will get you an air combo
2? d2 should cover you if they try to jump in and attack

hard to blockable shenanigans..

midscreen
[starter], db3, 1, b3, j2, j2, 11~4u~db3

corner
[starter], db3, 1, f13, 12~df1, d1~4u~b2
[starter], db3, 1, f13, 12~df1, d1~4~f2

footsie shenanigans..

ending with ts1 gives you the option to dash in and do a f13 into play doctor (or more shenanigans)

[starter], db3, b3, j2, 1~db3, 1xxdash f13

be careful with this cause f13 is -10 BUT this option is great for people who choose to just crouch block on wakeup.

if you mb roll after a 112 ender you can create some f2/b2 openings, or if your dealing with a wakeup crazy opponent you can jump out and create zoning space

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Had a tourney today, would like some feedback on my Harley, just won a copy of the game in the raffle there so I can practice it a bit xd. I'm just doing IJ1 Harley stuff + new trait so what kinda juicy IJ2 Harley stuff should I know?

Matches at 1:09:30, 02:34:20 and 02:54:10. Any advice on the deadshot MU would be good too :p

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/145438140

kmac21

Noob
I need help with my wake up game. Currently I found my best option is actually back dashing, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Monox1de

Noob
sooooo....33xxplaydoctor.....tick throw.....and also lands on hit....and when juggling......is this useful?
edit: 2b3xxplaydoctor tick throws but does not land on hit

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
lul theres no way Batman loses 7-3, but maybe you play it differently. Can we play?
Yeah, I can play you tomorrow if you want. Though, if you're half as good as I've been lead to believe, I'm about to get mopped something fierce.

Honestly, I was just riding the wave of shutting out a guy who used to give me some trouble with batman in I:GAU by finally being able to semi-consistently AA him. I still don't think it's a good matchup for Batman, but he definitely wins up close, so it couldn't be 7-3.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
What corner combos are you guys doing? The best I've seen so far seems to be

w/e xx ts1 f13 b121 xx gunshot, d1 11 xx play doctor.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hi Harley players! There's no matchup discussion thread and I had some questions for the vs Batman matchup. (Me being Batman)

In Injustice 1 I didn't have trouble with this MU as I felt once Batman got in J2 range I could jump and just win the air to air or jump in for free unless an up gun was done. In this game the "strategy" doesn't work and I actually lose air to airs, but also my D2 gets stuffed most of the time. Ontop of that, walking back is much stronger now so trip guarding is an actual threat more often.

Just wondering how I should be playing this MU and what Batman should be doing in this matchup. Thanks!

Hi Harley players! There's no matchup discussion thread and I had some questions for the vs Batman matchup. (Me being Batman)

In Injustice 1 I didn't have trouble with this MU as I felt once Batman got in J2 range I could jump and just win the air to air or jump in for free unless an up gun was done. In this game the "strategy" doesn't work and I actually lose air to airs, but also my D2 gets stuffed most of the time. Ontop of that, walking back is much stronger now so trip guarding is an actual threat more often.

Just wondering how I should be playing this MU and what Batman should be doing in this matchup. Thanks!
Play in the range of where her b2 is just outside of the range to hit you. At that point her neutral is ass and she can only hit you with gunshots/air gunshots/ jumping/ or her 13f mid. Which can all be punished by going air to air or b23. Her wakeup is pretty ass so if you get a kd, stay on top of her

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Play in the range of where her b2 is just outside of the range to hit you. At that point her neutral is ass and she can only hit you with gunshots/air gunshots/ jumping/ or her 13f mid. Which can all be punished by going air to air or b23. Her wakeup is pretty ass so if you get a kd, stay on top of her
Thanks for the advice! I'll be back if I keep getting mopped :p

Speaking of wakeups, I'm new to injustce so I was wondering if injustice was like mkx where almost every character has an armored wakeup tool?