What's new

Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
We really gotta divide these threads. I'd love to but I post all my stuff via cell phone.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ok, I'm about to complain about something completely inconsequential that most of us probably don't care about. Fair Warning.

Why are some of Harley's gear abilities so bad? I took a look at these for fun and ended up getting unreasonably angry over how they could be put in the game THIS useless.

Confetti Cannon is Pop Pop if it was unable to be meterburned and full combo punishable, while still being 35f start up, only hitting in melee range, and still being impossible to jail a string into. wat? I thought it would be like a cancel move. Y'know b2~CC dash cancel and you're +10 or whatever. It can be broke. It's gear. Come on NRS, if I'm never going to compete with this stuff, at least make it fun to lab.

The low cup cake thing? Yeah, that has 43 frames of start up on a mid range low that does ~60 damage. In short, useless. It's a "Please jump in on me" button if I ever saw one.

The other two abilities I have are actually kinda cool. Mollywhop looks like you could get some real mileage out of it along with corner trait setups. Sort of a hold this Hyena, now hold this Unblockable or more plus frames situation. Yeah, I can work with that.

Tick tock is a plus on block launching mid you can use in oki or maybe if you read a dash in. Not a thing wrong with it.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I've only done this in practice mode but how viable is 123~d2~b3 online?
Minor input lag, but it is still very viable and always an option. If you can pull it off flawlessly in offline modes- online should not make a difference. Personally one of my go to BnB that you don't see a lot of Harley's doing.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Is it me, or does I2's Harley get hit out of TS(when she is on the ground) a LOT more than in IGAU? It seems to me her hurtbox is the size of a crouch, instead of being actually on the ground... weird.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Is it me, or does I2's Harley get hit out of TS(when she is on the ground) a LOT more than in IGAU? It seems to me her hitbox is he size of a crouch, instead of being actually on the ground... weird.
Yeah, it was almost impossible to hit her out of that animation in IGAU.

Ok, I'm about to complain about something completely inconsequential that most of us probably don't care about. Fair Warning.

Why are some of Harley's gear abilities so bad? I took a look at these for fun and ended up getting unreasonably angry over how they could be put in the game THIS useless.

Confetti Cannon is Pop Pop if it was unable to be meterburned and full combo punishable, while still being 35f start up, only hitting in melee range, and still being impossible to jail a string into. wat? I thought it would be like a cancel move. Y'know b2~CC dash cancel and you're +10 or whatever. It can be broke. It's gear. Come on NRS, if I'm never going to compete with this stuff, at least make it fun to lab.

The low cup cake thing? Yeah, that has 43 frames of start up on a mid range low that does ~60 damage. In short, useless. It's a "Please jump in on me" button if I ever saw one.

The other two abilities I have are actually kinda cool. Mollywhop looks like you could get some real mileage out of it along with corner trait setups. Sort of a hold this Hyena, now hold this Unblockable or more plus frames situation. Yeah, I can work with that.

Tick tock is a plus on block launching mid you can use in oki or maybe if you read a dash in. Not a thing wrong with it.
Her new moves are quite bad but the damage over time cupcakes and reverse input play doctor are damn good. With the play doctor being insane

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Her new moves are quite bad but the damage over time cupcakes and reverse input play doctor are damn good. With the play doctor being insane
Neither of which can be played competitively (unfortunately). Can NRS quit with hand holding and allow abilities in competitive play while keeping gear just cosmetic? Who the hell will bitch about having to learn a few different things to block, and god forbid- allowing abilities into competitive would make some characters (WoWo, Capt Cold, Red Hood) seem to be more complete and viable competitive picks. After all- you will be able to see what nasty ability combo you are up against pre-match when you see the opponents gear- so it's not like it is SURPRISE!!!! It's THIS version of Superman!!!

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Neither of which can be played competitively (unfortunately). Can NRS quit with hand holding and allow abilities in competitive play while keeping gear just cosmetic? Who the hell will bitch about having to learn a few different things to block, and god forbid- allowing abilities into competitive would make some characters (WoWo, Capt Cold, Red Hood) seem to be more complete and viable competitive picks. After all- you will be able to see what nasty ability combo you are up against pre-match when you see the opponents gear- so it's not like it is SURPRISE!!!! It's THIS version of Superman!!!
Red Hood is already unviable?
Good lord...

I really with there was an option to include abilities but not gear stats etc. it's a real shame that this is missing.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
What do you guys use as enders? I use B121-trait or 112-trait or tantrum stance cartwheel followed by a trait. I only use play doctor MB when I have loads of meter, and I only use the regular play doctor on wakeup occasionally.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What do you guys use as enders? I use B121-trait or 112-trait or tantrum stance cartwheel followed by a trait. I only use play doctor MB when I have loads of meter, and I only use the regular play doctor on wakeup occasionally.
Midscreen 112~trait, tantrum stance into forward roll into gimmicks, MB play doctor and 33 depending on the MU/occasion.

In the corner play doctor and b121/12~Trait

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ok, we've let her breathe awhile, so here's my impression on what she needs.

I actually love where Harley is right now. All I would change about her is making her jailed gunshot pressure up close fully consistent across the cast and make b2 more consistent on floating characters. She's got bad matchups, sure, but so does nearly everyone, and if the top few characters get toned down, she'll be 100% good to go.

I love her pressure, zoning, oki, the fact that I'm free on knockdown against anyone who knows the matchup, and that I have to change how I play entirely in different matchups. I think they did a really good job with her, other than the whiffing issues, really.

It's hard for me to say this. It really is, because I feel like acknowledging that she's overall in a pretty good place like this is just inviting nerfs in the future.