What's new

Video/Tutorial Harley Quinn Community Guide.

I'm gonna raise two questions I've had for awhile and I apologize if this is some older tech but I've been playing a bunch of other characters and my time with Harley has been a little dilute.

How do you guys implement fuzzy guard setups into your game? I understand the concept behind it but don't really know how to put it into practice. I'm thinking a deep J2 is probably the easiest way to set it up, in which case I guess ending a combo with 33 and jumping in on their wake-up could be useful but risky. I remember there was some earlier fuzzy guard tech regarding F13 but from what I understood it revolved around landing a raw F13 which just about never happens against anyone good.

Another thing that could interestingly make fuzzy guard setups more practical is possible safe jumps Harley might have. I noticed a little while back that wonder chef started a thread about safe jump setups with a couple different characters and was wondering if Harley had any that were discovered. I didn't read the whole thread so again I apologize if this is generally known already but any input from you guys would help. Oh and for anybody who's wondering 33 into J2 is not a true safe jump setup, it gets blown up by wakeups, at least that's what my experimentation suggests

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
harley's important strings that hit high (aka that could use a safe jump) are 112 and f13.
if 112 is blocked she has enough advantage for a free b22 check. if f13 hits, she gets a free mixups and some unclashable damage (a lot if she has meter)

the problem is the advantage changes when 112 is blocked low, which everyone does, so no more free b22. and f13 is -8 on block and is pretty easy to block if you're paying attention. so i don't think she can use fuzzy guard setups.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
just a question, i'm wondering what people here mean when they say fuzzy guard because it seems to me that on this website, people use a different definition than the rest of the fighting game community

before, 2d and 3d games had their own definitions of fuzzy guard but it looks like now there's a separate MK/injustice definition of fuzzy guarding

just a question, i'm wondering what people here mean when they say fuzzy guard because it seems to me that on this website, people use a different definition than the rest of the fighting game community
I'm not sure if the definition has changed but I'm pretty sure the concept that's discussed here is more or less the same as it is in marvel. From what I understand there's a weird blockstun property of certain moves that causes a characters hurtbox to lock or "jail" in standing position even if they switch to crouch block, so moves that would normally whiff on crouching characters will connect. This allows for things like instant overhead jumping attacks or forcing the opponent to block a string that would normally whiff.

Also if anyone was confused a safe jump is a street fighter tactic where certain setups allow you to jump in with an attack on an opponents wake-up, and be able to land and recover in time to block any reversal attempt from them. Its usually a very specific setup and spacing but its very useful because you're essentially forcing your opponent to block your jump in. Don't ask me how or why it works but I know there's been setups discovered for characters like catwoman and green lantern

harley's important strings that hit high (aka that could use a safe jump) are 112 and f13.
if 112 is blocked she has enough advantage for a free b22 check. if f13 hits, she gets a free mixups and some unclashable damage (a lot if she has meter)

the problem is the advantage changes when 112 is blocked low, which everyone does, so no more free b22. and f13 is -8 on block and is pretty easy to block if you're paying attention. so i don't think she can use fuzzy guard setups.
Do you happen to know the frame data on the blocked 112? I know the bullets hit at different levels depending on spacing

That should still trap with B2 then right isn't B2 15 frame startup? I guess 6 frame moves would match it but between the pushback of the 112 and the range of B2 I would think most D1s would get stuffed. Harleys D1 on the other hand should easily frametrap but it's not likely you'll be in that close. It's tough to say since it's all spacing dependent. Obviously some reversals would blow both of these up.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yeah i was just thinking b22 is 12 startup and if 112 is +9 at its worst, that's still a 3 frame trap at best but that's only if you time it perfectly. if it were 6 frames they might be able to jump out. i'll try to incorporate it into my game though i usually don't start combos with 112.

btw i tested it and jump 2 has to be REALLY deep for f1 to do the fuzzy guard thing, so that's useless. if you know someone's gonna block your jump in then i guess go for 112 and then b22 instead of everyone just blocking the low and poking out of f2.

I am having problems punishing characters spammable moves (dd air nova, mmh teleports and scorpion teleport) any help from my fellow harleen players.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I am having problems punishing characters spammable moves (dd air nova, mmh teleports and scorpion teleport) any help from my fellow harleen players.
Against Scorpion, ducking and following up with B2 will do.
Against MMH's overhead teleport, walking forward ot MB B3ing will do, and against his normal teleport, normal punishes will work.
Doomsday's air nova needs to be MB B3d, or silly slided on reaction- which is tough to do.

Thanks so much, I was playing amazing last night until the player that I was playing against notice I couldn't do anything against these moves. yea I don't use b22 90% of my matches I think that's something I should work on.