What's new

Video/Tutorial Harley Quinn Community Guide.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Just about anything anyone could ever want to know about Harley Quinn, organized into one fun video presentation.
Enjoy, and please comment here or there. We have much to discuss.
I've got some new stuff in here that I don't see many of you using, as well as some new wonky tech discoveries, and potential resets that I need you people to analyze.

KIllaByte

For the record:
All of you are credited.
Delirach, @Burgess, websx, shogun- and everyone on this forum.
This guide is not the best because I made it- this guide is the best because we all contributed.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Great vid. The humorous/goofy approach to this guide fits very well with Harley. I'm currently learning her and I love how in depth this is. However, I literally cringed when you said Husteen is the best Raven player on PSN...I've played him and no...Mr.Mileena and BlindMan have far better Raven's (not being a bitch, just being real).

Very well done, man. ;)

KIllaByte

Great vid. The humorous/goofy approach to this guide fits very well with Harley. I'm currently learning her and I love how in depth this is. However, I literally cringed when you said Husteen is the best Raven player on PSN...I've played him and no...Mr.Mileena and BlindMan have far better Raven's (not being a bitch, just being real).

Very well done, man. ;)
Editing it in annotation form soon-
"Husteen: The best Raven player I've played on PSN."
I worried about that quote, but changing the commentary would have thrown some timing stuff off, and made the guide ever later.
Husteen is good though, yo.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Phone broke so no sound.. Will defiantly check this out.. Kudos on taking the time to put it together (even before watching) :)

Edit: okay just watched it.. Great job man- VERY in depth on her pro's and mix up potential.. I did not mind the length at all being as I love the character.. One thing I would like to have seen is a more in depth on her cons and how they pertain to other characters (even if briefly) this way it will help newer Harley players or even people who choose Harley as a secondary understand that (as an example) has limited air arc and she can not hope to use the jump to dodge interactables or even function properly like say... Black Adam.. Thanks for your hard work and effort man- I know the Harley community appreciates it :)

serge

Noob
Very usefull guide thanks a lot!
I'd like to know what is wrong about ending combos with PD? I understand the setting up the opponent for the next combo part but I often play against wake up attack mashers and I liked PD because they can't wake up.

KIllaByte

Very usefull guide thanks a lot!
I'd like to know what is wrong about ending combos with PD? I understand the setting up the opponent for the next combo part but I often play against wake up attack mashers and I liked PD because they can't wake up.
Do your opponents mash wakeup attacks because you're predictably using the same combo ender, or do they somehow hit their wakups randomly every time?
Unpredictably using all of the five combo enders I've shown in the video significantly lessens the chances of the opponent landing their wakeup- and, you mustn't forget about armored overhead setups as well.
It's not something that can be discussed theoretically, because these habits differ from player to player.
I'm just incapable of executing play doctor properly.... ever.
I once hit it in the corner in a match, once.
If you're capable of executing it, and you're finding it works better- go ahead. But it does force you to win the neutral game to continue doing damage, and Harley doesn't have a lot of tools to win a neutral game like that, other than jump ins. Play Doctor doesn't give you an unfair advantage like our setups do. :joker:

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Do your opponents mash wakeup attacks because you're predictably using the same combo ender, or do they somehow hit their wakups randomly every time?
Unpredictably using all of the five combo enders I've shown in the video significantly lessens the chances of the opponent landing their wakeup- and, you mustn't forget about armored overhead setups as well.
It's not something that can be discussed theoretically, because these habits differ from player to player.
I'm just incapable of executing play doctor properly.... ever.
I once hit it in the corner in a match, once.
If you're capable of executing it, and you're finding it works better- go ahead. But it does force you to win the neutral game to continue doing damage, and Harley doesn't have a lot of tools to win a neutral game like that, other than jump ins. Play Doctor doesn't give you an unfair advantage like our setups do. :joker:
Truth.. Specially the last two sentences.. Unfortunately.

serge

Noob
Well since last patch you can wake up very easily so it's not that I'm so predictable, it's more that every time my opponent gets knocked he successfully wake up attack in almost all situations.
Supes does his jump grab thing, Flash does his flying uppercut, BA does his cage, GA does his back jump arrow thing, DS does his sword flip, etc...
Since last patch I'm afraid to get close to a wake up masher when I knock them down. Maybe I should just wait for it, block and punish?

KIllaByte

Well since last patch you can wake up very easily so it's not that I'm so predictable, it's more that every time my opponent gets knocked he successfully wake up attack in almost all situations.
Supes does his jump grab thing, Flash does his flying uppercut, BA does his cage, GA does his back jump arrow thing, DS does his sword flip, etc...
Since last patch I'm afraid to get close to a wake up masher when I knock them down. Maybe I should just wait for it, block and punish?
Assuming it's punishable, yes.
Forward + 3 + Meter Burn works best.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yes. I play "wake up mashers" all the time, even if the wake up isn't punishable you can still take the upper hand just by anticipating it correctly. However, sometimes you just have to take risks...Jump in...and mix it up.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
KIllaByte, Dude...man...friggin' excellent tutorial vid and very much appreciated! The TRICKY portion with the ambiguous timing delays in the corner is really dirty. Also, I had no idea about F3 causing standing reset. Really, great job man. I was debating dropping Harley for Catwoman but I've found some inspiration from this vid. (P.S. I suck with Pain Doctor execution too and it never made sense to me to go for Neutral reset enders when you can trade the safety of PD for Mix-Up advantage).

A few notes (f you don't mind constructive feedback):

MASSIVE EDIT: So instead of giving overall feedback (and after some thought) there's some significant holes in Harley that you don't address.

- You base a lot of your rushdown without mentioning tech roll's or vulnerability to wakeups that outright nullify some oki setups and TS ender setups. A lot of the things that you make look safe on her oki can be blown up with wakeups or on reaction to f2.

- You don't mention her difficulty with anti-air.

- You indicate that Harley has multiple overhead/low starter options when she really only has:
  • Low starters: b2,2 and naked TS
  • Overhead starters: f2 (which has limited range, 27 startup/18 recovery/3 Block so it can be punished on reaction). Jump ins, and f3.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Why not use/mention ending a combo with 1,1,2 at all? It's untechable and can be cancelled into SS into oki. It also gives comparable damage to your b1,2,1 ender, and gives advantage on hit. Seems like getting the best of both worlds compared to the combo enders you mentioned.

Why not use/mention ending a combo with 1,1,2 at all? It's untechable and can be cancelled into SS into oki. It also gives comparable damage to your b1,2,1 ender, and gives advantage on hit. Seems like getting the best of both worlds compared to the combo enders you mentioned.
That's how I end a majority of my combos. I'm a new player and find it easier to input as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KIllaByte

KIllaByte, Dude...man...friggin' excellent tutorial vid and very much appreciated! The TRICKY portion with the ambiguous timing delays in the corner is really dirty. Also, I had no idea about F3 causing standing reset. Really, great job man. I was debating dropping Harley for Catwoman but I've found some inspiration from this vid. (P.S. I suck with Pain Doctor execution too and it never made sense to me to go for Neutral reset enders when you can trade the safety of PD for Mix-Up advantage).

A few notes (f you don't mind constructive feedback):

MASSIVE EDIT: So instead of giving overall feedback (and after some thought) there's some significant holes in Harley that you don't address.

- You base a lot of your rushdown without mentioning tech roll's or vulnerability to wakeups that outright nullify some oki setups and TS ender setups. A lot of the things that you make look safe on her oki can be blown up with wakeups or on reaction to f2.

- You don't mention her difficulty with anti-air.

- You indicate that Harley has multiple overhead/low starter options when she really only has:
  • Low starters: b2,2 and naked TS
  • Overhead starters: f2 (which has limited range, 27 startup/18 recovery/3 Block so it can be punished on reaction). Jump ins, and f3.
Don't forget about the aerial gunshot.
That's also an overhead, and the stagger on hit is massive- it creates another free jump in, and leaves the opponent standing.
Yeah, people- I just didn't know 1, 1, 2 was un-techable. Use that instead.

Yeah, people- I just didn't know 1, 1, 2 was un-techable. Use that instead- while mixing it with setups I present here.
By the way, the "tricky" ambiguous position reversal can be done with 1, 1, as well. So, you have two ways of accessing that 50-50. This version makes your decision less obvious if you people usually end combos with 1, 1, 2.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Whats oki......