What's new

Harley Corner 50/50 Reset Loop

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
19% vortex instead of 58% corner combo? not worth it lmao
Confirm into a combo? if they crouch block, the gunshots will miss(full combo punish), and they crouch block 90% of the time against Harley.
I think it might worth giving db2(MB) a try if you want to confirm on block.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I sometimes do this when I want to cut my combo short because they're gonna wager soon.

CommonNick

I sometimes do this when I want to cut my combo short because they're gonna wager soon.
Harley spends meter only at the end of a combo, how will it change anything? if they wager, than it'll happen if you use the vortex or not. (it's not like people only wager on TS)

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Harley spends meter only at the end of a combo, how will it change anything? if they wager, than it'll happen if you use the vortex or not. (it's not like people only wager on TS)
I said if they're gonna wager soon, not planning to wager.... meaning if they have like 65% health.

Vagrant

Noob

You have the option to cut it off and go for throw or some other anti clash setup i'd assume

CommonNick

I said if they're gonna wager soon, not planning to wager.... meaning if they have like 65% health.
Than what?

You have the option to cut it off and go for throw or some other anti clash setup i'd assume
I see, but Harley excels at zoning, and she has tons of meter all the time, why not let them clash? especially because they still can do it.

Vagrant

Noob
I see, but Harley excels at zoning, and she has tons of meter all the time, why not let them clash? especially because they still can do it.

I would assume it depends on how much life they have left and the tools the opposing char has.

CommonNick

Like I say with every other set up.
This is just another set up available in our arsenal feel free to use this or something else.
Obviously, but I'm encouraging a conversation about this setup, maybe we'll be able to squeeze a bit more from it all together :cool:

CommonNick

i...i actually like this! I'll try it out for myself soon.
I really don't understand when it's useful. Why would you give up on so much dmg (58%)
The instant over-head is really tricky, but people will get used to it eventually.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
because it's a legit mixup. and saying something is hard to do or "tricky" doesnt mean anything.

CommonNick

because it's a legit mixup. and saying something is hard to do or "tricky" doesnt mean anything.
Hard? who said that lol. I said tricky because they always block low, tricky because it might surprise them.
While it's a legit mixup, it's block-able, you might lose guaranteed damage.
Ramon, come on, I know you know where the "Reply" button is, don't make me hurt you!

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Hard? who said that lol. I said tricky because they always block low, tricky because it might surprise them.
While it's a legit mixup, it's block-able, you might lose guaranteed damage.
Ramon, come on, I know you know where the "Reply" button is, don't make me hurt you!
if they block low they will get hit! the game registers the opponent as "low blocking" but since you're so + on frames you can hit them as if they are standing.

CommonNick

if they block low they will get hit! the game registers the opponent as "low blocking" but since you're so + on frames you can hit them as if they are standing.
Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I was asking (yeah I heard about that from the J3,J2 instant overhead)
What I'm asking is that if the opponent know the MU, he'll guess, which means you're betting your guaranteed 58% on 19% and a reset(high dmg) or nothing (19% only), so when is it still useful?
I think that instant j2 is punishable (or at least it lets them start their own pressure) let me check.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I was asking (yeah I heard about that from the J3,J2 instant overhead)
What I'm asking is that if the opponent know the MU, he'll guess, which means you're betting your guaranteed 58% on 19% and a reset(high dmg) or nothing (19% only), so when is it still useful?
I think that instant j2 is punishable (or at least it lets them start their own pressure) let me check.
it can be canceled into air shots if blocked.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
CommonNick If we find more tech like this then the Harley MU changes to an extent. Then people are gonna have to relearn the MU with all our new bags of tricks.

Why do Batgirl players do resets? Isn't that damge in the mid 20s? The point of it is to keep the oppentent gussing so that 19% of damage turns into 40% then 60% if they keep guessing wrong.

CommonNick

it can be canceled into air shots if blocked.
Recorded myself as Harley doing the vortex into instant jump 2, if the opponent blocks high the instant nj2 wiffs!! very dangerous for Harley, and it means that you can't either cancel it into Oopsy Daisy :(

EDIT: forget it, it works perfectly fine

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Recorded myself as Harley doing the vortex into instant jump 2, if the opponent blocks high the instant nj2 wiffs!! very dangerous for Harley, and it means that you can't either cancel it into Oopsy Daisy :(
go big or go home.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
The fact that you keep making your opponent guessing with LEGIT mixups makes them a little uneasy. since this is an actual 50/50 in a game where having a 50/50 almost instantly puts you into the higher tier, it does have its uses. The reason i said no resets, is because they are not actually mixups.