What's new

Hard-to-blockable Oki set up midscreen

So I have spend another day in the lab and got this. A non cross up /cross up that have to be blocked pretty fast one after the other. The idea is taken from a well known set up in the corner where after a hard knockdown you go for dash, neutral j2xxdivekick, where j2 doesn't cross up but divekick does. So I mixed it with a d3 hkd cross up set up I played with some time ago. Here is a basic idea:

In the video as you can tell by my inputs (I am controlling Robin) I am trying to block this set up first as a cross up, then as non cross up and then I successfully block it by quickly going from non cross up block to cross up. Now I only tested some wake ups but this set up actually beats a lot of them. Also long delayed wake up will get the opponent out. But again you can delay the set up if you read the delayed wake up.

So I recorded some combos that can be done with this tech.

This one takes just a bar of meter and a stored drone and does 264.19 + 337.62 damage on Superman, and that is 601.81 in total:

This is basically the same set up but with 2 bars of meter and a stored drone, it does 264.19 + 433.2 = 697.39:

Of course more practical damage will be done if you spend the stored drone before the set up and use 2 bars like here off divekick. It does 353.1 + 422.35 = 775.45

It can be set up off the 50/50 starters, I have already shown the divekick combos into this and here is a low starter combo (d+f1) using drone and a bar of meter, and another 2 bars of meter are spend on the second combo. We get 377.18 + 481.29 = 858.47 for 3 bars and a stored drone:

I will tag some people who were interested in cross up set ups for Brainiac
@Marinjuana @honeybooboo @SixPathsOfHate @just_2swift @YoungTeezy 305 @Aramonde @Invincible Salads

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
what about the versions where u skip the ji2 and just do raw divekick, those are a bit harder arent they? feels like it, cuz when i do them in the corner, if i do it after landing a df2 on a juggled apponent, i have to wait a little bit before doing the instant dive kick, just before they stand up, or it'll completely whiff. is the ji2 version a bit easier?

what about the versions where u skip the ji2 and just do raw divekick, those are a bit harder arent they? feels like it, cuz when i do them in the corner, if i do it after landing a df2 on a juggled apponent, i have to wait a little bit before doing the instant dive kick, just before they stand up, or it'll completely whiff. is the ji2 version a bit easier?
It is different, sometimes it is even harder to make j2 hit in front and divekick as cross up then to do the dash, instant air divekick version, but it is more of the timing thing. And if you want to read a delayed wake up and delay the set up itself it becomes even more difficult, but still doable)))

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
did u test that on block or just hit? how do u chose which side?
It probably can be chosen which side but I havent labbed too much on it. On hit it gets them out the corner but since you side switch with charge anyway they go back in effectively restarting the loop. If they block it, you are in the corner. The j2 hits in front while the dive kick hits behind but this happens instantly.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It probably can be chosen which side but I havent labbed too much on it. On hit it gets them out the corner but since you side switch with charge anyway they go back in effectively restarting the loop. If they block it, you are in the corner. The j2 hits in front while the dive kick hits behind but this happens instantly.
k cuz usually if they block the j2 the divekick will not switch sides.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
how does this look exactly, the nj2 will connect behind but the dive kick will crossup?

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Yea, when you jump straight up after the dash and do the j2 it will hit them front then dive kick will hit their back but it all looks like it hits front. Its like when you cross them up with a late dive kick that crosses up.