What's new

harada announcement before usf4 top 8, new tekken?

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Sup kids,
Hope everyone is enjoying the evo festivities?

I was watching me some tag 2 yesterday and just before top 8 harada announced that there will be an announcement (lol) before usf4 top 8.

I would of been happy if it was a new tekken game but I have a feeling it will be tekken x sf. Reason being all the sf players will be logged in waiting for sf finals.

Thoughts?

In all serious, I hope they do. I personally loved TT2, but the game is too complex for casuals atm. Hoping if this is an announcement, they can simplify that, as much as I hate saying that lol.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Since its probably gonna be TxSF, they better add Doctrine Dark into the game. Since it is gonna be 3D and he was in a 3D game, might as well do it.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I figured TxSF was stuck in development limbo and would never actually see the light of day, but this makes me think we will indeed see it?...

If anyone has played Eliza in Tekken Revolution, I really hope that as they "reboot" the direction of the series, they'll model it after her. She only has about 50 moves... much more manageable for new players. I'd like to see them slim down useless and redundant moves from existing characters' movelists.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I figured TxSF was stuck in development limbo and would never actually see the light of day, but this makes me think we will indeed see it?...

If anyone has played Eliza in Tekken Revolution, I really hope that as they "reboot" the direction of the series, they'll model it after her. She only has about 50 moves... much more manageable for new players. I'd like to see them slim down useless and redundant moves from existing characters' movelists.
I was told Revolution sucks, but that move list is something I can get behind lol.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I was told Revolution sucks, but that move list is something I can get behind lol.
It's free to play, you should check it out and decide for yourself haha.

Honestly, it's OK... it's clearly a testbed for either T7 or TxSF. Probably both. They need to give the series a mini reboot if they want people to care about Tekken again. Revolution slims the game mechanics down a bit by removing a majority of the ground game and getting both characters back to standing as fast as possible. It takes away a lot from the oki game, but I see why they did it, because its infinitely easier for a new player to pick up Tekken.

For example, in TTT2, I can knock down a new player and he'll literally never get up again. In TR, because the game gets you right back to your feet, it returns to the more interesting positional/spacing game right away, which is ultimately better for Tekken.

The one new character, Eliza, has a very slimmed down movelist. I'd like to think that they'll go through the existing cast and slim their movelists down to the core minimum as well. 50 characters with 150 moves each can be a daunting barrier to entry if you havent been playing Tekken since forever. Something like 50 moves is much more manageable.