What's new

Happy Birthday Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance!!!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
MK: Deadly Alliance came out 20 years ago today! This game is my 3rd favorite Mortal Kombat and also my most highly anticipated game of all time. When it first came out 20 years ago today, 11/22, I was so excited for it. It had been 4 years since a new MK game had come out and I was ready for a new one. I had pre-ordered the game from GameStop, I had posters of the game from game magazines taped on my wall, I had taken the day off of work (just like I did today also), and I had even prepared/bought a number of foods to snack on throughout the day.

When the day finally came I went to GameStop as soon as they opened, got my copy, went home and started playing, and it was glorious. I loved the game and I do to this day. So today I got my Xbox out of the closet, set it all up, connected it to my HDTV with a HDMI converter, and I am all ready to start playing MKDA again, for the first time in 7-8 years. I have missed it so much.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Another anniversary, another day without anything to get excited for.
Who can possibly be hype when the developers only real message has been “temper your expectations”?
if the next game is MK12, then you KNOW it’s going to be an uninspired entry. From everything Boon was saying before the corporate shake-up, they were excited to be working on something new. That tune changed abruptly during the last two years.
his exact words were “When you see what we’ve been working on, I think you’ll understand why it’s taking longer to announce anything”. Now, my boy is just like “eh, it’s MK12” on Twitter. Something changed, and it seems like WB/Discovery just changed their direction back to the MK kash kow.

Liu Kang... is dead
Seeing this for the first time compared to the 2D ones felt more real to me at the time because this had more weight especially in the next game you realise that the bad guys won (even if only for a few moments before Onaga returned)

Another anniversary, another day without anything to get excited for.
Who can possibly be hype when the developers only real message has been “temper your expectations”?
if the next game is MK12, then you KNOW it’s going to be an uninspired entry. From everything Boon was saying before the corporate shake-up, they were excited to be working on something new. That tune changed abruptly during the last two years.
his exact words were “When you see what we’ve been working on, I think you’ll understand why it’s taking longer to announce anything”. Now, my boy is just like “eh, it’s MK12” on Twitter. Something changed, and it seems like WB/Discovery just changed their direction back to the MK kash kow.
I havent really been bothered with Boon since MK9, His trolling antics got me to the point where I just dont really listen or read anything until the announcement now.