What's new

Happy Birthday MKX!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Two years ago today MKX was released. Congratulations to NRS and thank you for another awesome entry into our beloved franchise! This, for me, has been one of the best MK games of all time, up there with MK, MKII, MK: Deadly Alliance, MK: Deception, and MK9.

I have been, and still am, enjoying the gameplay a lot, the graphics and animations are an improvement over MK9, controls are more fluid and responsive, balance is better, and the Variations system has been successful in adding variety and depth to the gameplay. The story and characters, with the exceptions of too many guests, have been pretty good as well. Bo Rai Cho made me really happy lol. Levity aside, he added some martial arts authenticity to a game whose origins really are in martial arts mixed in with fantasy, and some eastern mysticism thrown in for a good measure.

Last edited:

KrAdWeLL

Noob
Wow two years and hundreds of hours vested in this game. This was finally the one that made me realize how fun the FGC is. I've never even heard of frame data, or the hundred of FGC terms until Mkx. Much respect to NeatherRealm for delivering a fantastic game, that opened my eyes up and brought out that inner competitiveness that I somehow forgot I had. While others might be in a different stage in their live, this can be a very inspiring to someone like myself.

But the chapter isn't closed and I believe that with injustice 2 on the horizon I will continue to play because Mortal Kombat and the saga is very magical to me , back from the Arcade days up until this point.

Both games can co exist in this day and age.

Thx everyone that has made this a positive experience in my life, and looking forward to the Future!

Funniest game ever after Street fighter EX2 and EX3 plus, I'm still playing this game, until I master All the variations, I'm a slow learner so.. It will take Years LMAO.

That being said If I still had a ps2 I would be playing those games too.

Thanks a lot NRS.

This game was quite stressful to learn, and I still haven't. But it's just crazy fun to watch. You just can't not tune in to an MKX major, there's always great sets and moments to be remembered. My thanks goes to the devs and the players that made this game what it is.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
MKX is a masterpiece; although the story mode has some question marks in it, the gameplay, character models are superb
The variation system is phenomenal ( i dont care what you think about it ) it is like the advanced version of fighting styles from 3d mk series and the most important thing is :
TANYA
Thank you NRS million times for blessing us (at least me) by making her playable once again. She is the first reason why i still enjoy playing the game

MKX is a masterpiece; although the story mode has some question marks in it, the gameplay, character models are superb
The variation system is phenomenal ( i dont care what you think about it ) it is like the advanced version of fighting styles from 3d mk series and the most important thing is :
TANYA
Thank you NRS million times for blessing us (at least me) by making her playable once again. She is the first reason why i still enjoy playing the game
God, I hope she returns in MK11

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Happy B-Day, MKX!

This game was the one that made me return to the fighting games, since I dropped the fighting spirit at MK4. Thank you, MKX, for making me return back to the fighting spirit. I owe you one!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Only smash players are capable of such an incredible feat. It is known.
I, for one, am planning on still playing MKX after Injustice 2 drops. I am an MK fan first and foremost, plus I am not that big on comics, and the back to block mechanic really turned me off of Injustice 1, so I am not sure if I'll even play Injustice 2 that much. As far as non-MK fighting games go, I actually prefer Tekken and Soul Calibur.

MasterBelmont

Aspiring competitive MKXL/MVCI player from Oregon
Aw, too bad I'm late to the celebration. To praise the game myself, MKX was the first fighting game I truly began to take seriously and desired to become a competitive player in. I really feel like I've come far ever since I started playing, and even though Injustice 2 is on the horizon (I don't know if I'll play that one competitively), MKX can still co-exist with it, and I will make sure that happens. Long live this game until the eventual MKXI!