What's new

Happy 30th anniversary Mortal Kombat!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Today is the 30th anniversary of the release of the original Mortal Kombat in arcades. Congratulations to Ed Boon, John Tobias, and the rest of the MK team! Thank you for giving us this awesome game and all of its sequels. I love Mortal Kombat. It is my favorite game franchise and it has inspired me and changed my life in many ways.

The first time i played Mortal Kombat I was a college student and there was a bar next to my dorm and they had an original Mortal Kombat arcade there. I went there one time and saw the arcade and was amazed at what I was seeing. The realistic graphics, the martial arts moves, the fantasy setting, etc, I was in love.

What was your first experience with Mortal Kombat?

Attachments

Today is the 30th anniversary of the release of the original Mortal Kombat in arcades. Congratulations to Ed Boon, John Tobias, and the rest of the MK team! Thank you for giving us this awesome game and all of its sequels. I love Mortal Kombat. It is my favorite game franchise and it has inspired me and changed my life in many ways.

The first time i played Mortal Kombat I was a college student and there was a bar next to my dorm and they had an original Mortal Kombat arcade there. I went there one time and saw the arcade and was amazed at what I was seeing. The realistic graphics, the martial arts moves, the fantasy setting, etc, I was in love.

What was your first experience with Mortal Kombat?
I was a kid wandering into my local arcade. Normally everyone crowded around Street Fighter II, but this time everyone was crowded around another machine: Mortal Kombat. I walked up and pushed a bit through the crowd in time to see Johnny Cage knock Raiden's head clean off. It blew my little mind, and I've feel in love with the franchise, as did my friends.