What's new

Question - Nimble Hanging up the business boots, looking into new green sorcery. What do I need to know?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hello Reptile forums. My name is STRYKIE. But, you probably already knew that.

Since Warlock Quan Chi got thrown in the abyss by the armour changes I've been looking for a new character to lab monsterise (If that's even a word). Seems I've ended up on Reptile somehow.

I have no prior experience using Reptile in MKX and it seems those who have picked him up if they didn't main him from day 1, they usually opt for Deceptive or Noxious. Which is understandable since Nimble has one of, if not the steepest learning curves in the game (although from the stuff I have learned so far the actual execution barrier is wildly overrated IMO once you do get past the learning curve)

But I like a challenge so I'd be prepared to go straight in to Nimble upon answers to the following questions:

- During basilisk, is there any verified knowledge on precisely how much the opponent is slowed down by and how much Reptile is sped up by? If I knew this then I would be do the sums on how much the frame data changes on certain moves by myself.

- Meter management: is it better to go into meterless basilisk setups and keep the threat of the makeshift 1 bar armoured launcher via EX slide or go straight into EX basilisk and just go ham anyway?

- What are the best armour breaking strings during basilisk? And are there practical ways to break armoured moves that can resist multiple hits?

- I also noticed during basilisk that more strings naturally combo into forceball. Does this change anything?

- I haven't seen this talked about or demonstrated anywhere before so, was it known that you can convert from sweep (B4) during basilisk, and if yes, what's the consensus on its benefits over B34?

- In most BNB videos I have come across slide is commonly used in basilisk conversions midscreen. However I have noticed slide itself has considerably more damage scaling on it than other specials. So are slides in these BNBs done in the interest of corner carry or are these outdated, and if they are outdated, what are the more ideal conversion tools?

- Are there any known ways to convert from meterless dash during basilisk without EX slide?

- I understand that in most cases, you won't open someone up immediately after activating basilisk and thus won't be in it long enough to do optimal damage, so are there general go-to makeshift conversions to think about, or do you become more familiar with the basilisk time limit over more time playing the variation and learn to optimise your damage with the time you have left anyway?

- Assuming you can open someone up immediately after activating basilisk, what should his optimal corner damage look like? I have 52% meterless from B2 and B4, does that sound about right in the current patch or can you do more?

- (not Nimble specific but just to clarify) is run up F412~pounce still the best conversion you can do from B2 midscreen meterlessly or has a more optimal conversion since been found?

- (trivial, but worth asking anyway): what exactly happens in the Nimble mirror match when both players have basilisk activated? Especially if they managed to do it on the same frame?

- Above all else, should I play Noxious first just to get familiar with how Reptile's core properties function first and foremost? Despite the variation itself offering sporadic damage boosts at best it still has access to all of Reptile's base toolkit which (IMO) is already armed with categorically good normals. And I'd rather do that than risk getting too attached to Deceptive's plus frames/conversions/invisibility shenanigans.

Any other information about Nimble's overall gameplan probably isn't necessary but would be welcomed.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
@D7X you're still familiar with Nimble right? Could you shed any light on my queries?
Yes. I'll answer some questions that I deem crucial to know.

First off, B34 is miles better than b4 in my opinion. Main reasons being it's easier to convert off of, it does more damage, and it can armor break moves.

The best armor breaking move depends on what character you are playing against. Characters like predator, you can armor break easily with F412 and B34. These are the main ones you should be breaking with. Mainly B34 on most characters because of its speed.

B2 F412~Pounce is the most optimal off of non-basilisk. You can end in F412~Spit for a forceball setup and zoning to begin.

Here are some setups (Meterless and non meterless) you should use. I try to not add gimmicks, and punishable ones.
- Midscreen (Your main one): F412~Dash 21 F41~Nimble (No meter)
- Midscreen (1 bar): F412~Dash s1 F412~DB4 ex Nimble (Does a little more dmg but costs a bar)
- Corner (1 bar): Just do any bnb combo and end in F412~ex Nimble

Some helpful notes to look out for:
- If the opponent has a breaker and you are in basilisk in the corner, it is helpful to use B2 then multiple spits for anti break.
- A great safe conversion you can do instead of F41~Slide is F412~Claw D3 (Insert Nimble Shenanigans)
- Also, to answer you noxious question: I think it is helpful to get a feel of reptile with noxious before switching to nimble, but it doesn;t make that much of a difference imo. Just useful to start there

@HappyPow Correct me if I got anything wrong

threads like this where it's an essay begging for help are garbage. you could have figure this shit out with a DM to D7X or via PS4 message or just going to the lab.

Never played Reptile before and you write an essay begging for everything about the character, that's just sad man. I hope I don't see more threads like this.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
You can do some pretty sexy things with the 123 ender in the corner.

I know this video shows deceptive, but it's more of an idea for you.

Universal Combos

Reptile is super fun

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
@Alright RyRy Oh damn, didn't realise 123 caused such a long splat as a combo ender. Definitely gives me ideas for Basilisk setups. More of the time I was just looking into the double slide ender stuff lol (I have a 40% meterless from a F412 starter btw but it does feel a fair bit tighter.)

Either way, appreciated.

Yes. I'll answer some questions that I deem crucial to know.

First off, B34 is miles better than b4 in my opinion. Main reasons being it's easier to convert off of, it does more damage, and it can armor break moves.

The best armor breaking move depends on what character you are playing against. Characters like predator, you can armor break easily with F412 and B34. These are the main ones you should be breaking with. Mainly B34 on most characters because of its speed.

B2 F412~Pounce is the most optimal off of non-basilisk. You can end in F412~Spit for a forceball setup and zoning to begin.

Here are some setups (Meterless and non meterless) you should use. I try to not add gimmicks, and punishable ones.
- Midscreen (Your main one): F412~Dash 21 F41~Nimble (No meter)
- Midscreen (1 bar): F412~Dash s1 F412~DB4 ex Nimble (Does a little more dmg but costs a bar)
- Corner (1 bar): Just do any bnb combo and end in F412~ex Nimble

Some helpful notes to look out for:
- If the opponent has a breaker and you are in basilisk in the corner, it is helpful to use B2 then multiple spits for anti break.
- A great safe conversion you can do instead of F41~Slide is F412~Claw D3 (Insert Nimble Shenanigans)
- Also, to answer you noxious question: I think it is helpful to get a feel of reptile with noxious before switching to nimble, but it doesn;t make that much of a difference imo. Just useful to start there

@HappyPow Correct me if I got anything wrong
Thanks man. Satisfied with these responses. I suspected you couldn't do much with B2 midscreen so I was gonna look into ways to set up Basilisk off it anyway. Spit seems like a good enough ender for that.

Didn't think about using spit for unbreakable damage during basilisk either. Will keep that in mind.

I've probably gathered enough info to try going straight into Nimble but I'll still think about Noxious if my application of basilisk is a trainwreck in my first few matches. :p

threads like this where it's an essay begging for help are garbage. you could have figure this shit out with a DM to D7X or via PS4 message or just going to the lab.

Never played Reptile before and you write an essay begging for everything about the character, that's just sad man. I hope I don't see more threads like this.
I don't think "a quick DM or PS4 message" applies when you're trying to learn a variation that is able to significantly alter core properties of frame data, defensive options, combo gravity scaling and other universal mechanics of the game. Especially when NRS themselves have disclosed very little up front information about any of that.

Nice job glossing over the questions that showed I had labbed lesser talked about tech too.

I hope I don't see more "garbage" posts like yours with no value and/or fishing for likes.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
@Alright RyRy Oh damn, didn't realise 123 caused such a long splat as a combo ender. Definitely gives me ideas for Basilisk setups. More of the time I was just looking into the double slide ender stuff lol (I have a 40% meterless from a F412 starter btw but it does feel a fair bit tighter.)

Either way, appreciated.

Thanks man. Satisfied with these responses. I suspected you couldn't do much with B2 midscreen so I was gonna look into ways to set up Basilisk off it anyway. Spit seems like a good enough ender for that.

Didn't think about using spit for unbreakable damage during basilisk either. Will keep that in mind.

I've probably gathered enough info to try going straight into Nimble but I'll still think about Noxious if my application of basilisk is a trainwreck in my first few matches. :p

I don't think "a quick DM or PS4 message" applies when you're trying to learn a variation that is able to significantly alter core properties of frame data, defensive options, combo gravity scaling and other universal mechanics of the game. Especially when NRS themselves have disclosed very little up front information about any of that.

Nice job glossing over the questions that showed I had labbed lesser talked about tech too.

I hope I don't see more "garbage" posts like yours with no value and/or fishing for likes.
for unbreakable dmg in the corner with the basilisk setup i like to do B2 Spit (x5) F412~Slide