What's new

Halo: Infinite

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
@Dankster Morgan Empathy on the long commute. Mine's a three hour round trip :(.

Ultra-Violence is also my jam, though I have been debating trying the base Campaign on Nightmare. I'd never attempt Ultra-Nightmare as I'm not down with game modes that are one life and dead (learned that lesson with Diablo II and Hardcore mode back in 2000).

I'm also excited for Halo: Infinite. The feedback from the last three flights has been excellent. It looks like they really stepped up with its development over the last year.
Halo Infinite looks like a dream come true literally. And yeah man go ahead and try it, worst that can happen is it’s too much and you gotta say not for me yet. 3 hrs round trip here too, through the reservation which is the drunk driving capital of the country, so it’s a shitty scary one too

Halo Infinite looks like a dream come true literally. And yeah man go ahead and try it, worst that can happen is it’s too much and you gotta say not for me yet. 3 hrs round trip here too, through the reservation which is the drunk driving capital of the country, so it’s a shitty scary one too
And it's included on game pass for PC and Xbox. Can't wait for that

Yeah man, I'm excited for it. I'm planning on pre-ordering the Campaign, and I rarely buy games Day 1 anymore.

Ah, so we share the commuting pain in terms of time, but it sounds like your drive is more dangerous. I drive about 30 to 40 minutes of mine, and the rest is on a train/walking. So at least I get a little reading time and exercise in.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah man, I'm excited for it. I'm planning on pre-ordering the Campaign, and I rarely buy games Day 1 anymore.

Ah, so we share the commuting pain in terms of time, but it sounds like your drive is more dangerous. I drive about 30 to 40 minutes of mine, and the rest is on a train/walking. So at least I get a little reading time and exercise in.
Definitely gonna be on Halo day 1, I'm very excited for the campaign. I still play Halo CE, 2, 3, and Reach through yearly. 2 can be a bit of a drag on higher difficulties, I think Halo 2 Legendary is much more miserable than Doom Eternal Nightmare because it is legitimately unfair and not just hard. Still worth it for the story if you just play on Heroic or maybe normal even.

That sounds kinda nice.

Definitely gonna be on Halo day 1, I'm very excited for the campaign. I still play Halo CE, 2, 3, and Reach through yearly. 2 can be a bit of a drag on higher difficulties, I think Halo 2 Legendary is much more miserable than Doom Eternal Nightmare because it is legitimately unfair and not just hard. Still worth it for the story if you just play on Heroic or maybe normal even.

That sounds kinda nice.
I traditionally play on Heroic. I've been going through the franchise in chronological order in prep for Halo: Infinite. Completed Halo 4 a few days ago.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I traditionally play on Heroic. I've been going through the franchise in chronological order in prep for Halo: Infinite. Completed Halo 4 a few days ago.
For my own enjoyment, Ill play CE on Legendary except for the library and two betrayals, which I will do on heroic because the rocket launcher flood is bullshit, one of my only legitimate flaws with CE. Halo 2 I will do on Heroic or Normal since I play that one for the amazing story since the arenas arent as interesting as the other games, 3 I'll do on heroic but skip Cortana because that mission fucking sucks (otherwise arguably the best Halo game), Reach I play on legendary even though it is one of the harder games, the AI for the elites on Legendary is very very fun to fight against and it's more immersive selling the idea that you're a smaller weaker Spartan than Master Chief barely scraping by in a losing war. ODST is good on heroic and I like the story, but it's too linear. 4 is also too linear to me and the bullshit tracking on the needler and plasma pistol, as well as the promethean knights teleporting right up your ass with no visual cue to where you can't even react to it adds a random element I don't like, so I'll do that on heroic too. 5 I will never play again lmao. Gonna do my first playthrough of infinite on Normal just to enjoy the story, then heroic, then legendary.

For my own enjoyment, Ill play CE on Legendary except for the library and two betrayals, which I will do on heroic because the rocket launcher flood is bullshit, one of my only legitimate flaws with CE. Halo 2 I will do on Heroic or Normal since I play that one for the amazing story since the arenas arent as interesting as the other games, 3 I'll do on heroic but skip Cortana because that mission fucking sucks (otherwise arguably the best Halo game), Reach I play on legendary even though it is one of the harder games, the AI for the elites on Legendary is very very fun to fight against and it's more immersive selling the idea that you're a smaller weaker Spartan than Master Chief barely scraping by in a losing war. ODST is good on heroic and I like the story, but it's too linear. 4 is also too linear to me and the bullshit tracking on the needler and plasma pistol, as well as the promethean knights teleporting right up your ass with no visual cue to where you can't even react to it adds a random element I don't like, so I'll do that on heroic too. 5 I will never play again lmao. Gonna do my first playthrough of infinite on Normal just to enjoy the story, then heroic, then legendary.
Very cool. Heroic is my go-to difficulty overall. I've done Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST on co-op Legendary, and Halo: Reach and Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

For Halo 3, Cortana is actually pretty easy for the most part, even on Legendary. You want to use Dual Plasma Rifles and an Energy Sword, go slow and cautious except in certain encounters that you can Active Camo through quickly, or generally skip altogether.

For the Promethean Knights in Halo 4, they actually make a very specific animation before charging you. They raise their blade arm in a certain way, as I recall. Once you see that, immediately back up and keep walking back. Their charge should miss, and they'll be vulnerable.

In Halo: Combat Evolved Flood Kombat Forms with Rocket Launchers can f-off.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Very cool. Heroic is my go-to difficulty overall. I've done Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST on co-op Legendary, and Halo: Reach and Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

For Halo 3, Cortana is actually pretty easy for the most part, even on Legendary. You want to use Dual Plasma Rifles and an Energy Sword, go slow and cautious except in certain encounters that you can Active Camo through quickly, or generally skip altogether.

For the Promethean Knights in Halo 4, they actually make a very specific animation before charging you. They raise their blade arm in a certain way, as I recall. Once you see that, immediately back up and keep walking back. Their charge should miss, and they'll be vulnerable.

In Halo: Combat Evolved Flood Kombat Forms with Rocket Launchers can f-off.
True, they do give you some kind of cue, but it’s the randomness aspect I don’t like. So from what I have seen on YT videos about 4’s development, is that because they were pushing the 360 hardware so far in terms of visuals (and it still looks pretty damn good to be fair), they had to cut back on the AI since it was the Reach engine still. Just compare the reach elites to the 4 elites, they’re so much smarter and more varied in their behavior, while still being somewhat predictable if you understand the game. So for enemies like the knights the teleport right in your face and blast you with a scattershot or incineration cannon, or the one hit melee death from knights and elites (also a problem in reach and 2), and the bullshit tracking on the plasma pistol and needler are all ways to pump the difficulty to compensate for dumb AI. Since your shields will get melted so fast by the plasma weapons tracking, on legendary you better have a DMR, carbine, or Battle Rifle, or any of the snipers. Not that it’ll matter for long due to the pathetic ammo capacity in that game.

True, they do give you some kind of cue, but it’s the randomness aspect I don’t like. So from what I have seen on YT videos about 4’s development, is that because they were pushing the 360 hardware so far in terms of visuals (and it still looks pretty damn good to be fair), they had to cut back on the AI since it was the Reach engine still. Just compare the reach elites to the 4 elites, they’re so much smarter and more varied in their behavior, while still being somewhat predictable if you understand the game. So for enemies like the knights the teleport right in your face and blast you with a scattershot or incineration cannon, or the one hit melee death from knights and elites (also a problem in reach and 2), and the bullshit tracking on the plasma pistol and needler are all ways to pump the difficulty to compensate for dumb AI. Since your shields will get melted so fast by the plasma weapons tracking, on legendary you better have a DMR, carbine, or Battle Rifle, or any of the snipers. Not that it’ll matter for long due to the pathetic ammo capacity in that game.
Oh yeah. For my solo Legendary runs in both Halo: Reach and Halo 4, I absolutely used and abused the traditional "noob" combo. It worked.

For Halo 4 itself, yeah, it did come out very late in the Xbox 360's life cycle (Nov. 2012, as I recall) and do this day it's the most graphically impressive Xbox 360 game I saw; I was extremely impressed. Gameplay-wise my initial impressions were luke warm, but now, I find I really, really enjoy it. It's my second favourite Halo FPS Campaign, second only to Halo 2.

I really enjoyed the overall balance of gameplay and equipment, I loved, loved, LOVED finally having a default Sprint ability, the Mantis was neat, and story-wise, while I wasn't keen on the return of the Forerunners themselves, I loved how much more human they made John, and the play between him and Cortana. I thought it was extremely well done.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Oh yeah. For my solo Legendary runs in both Halo: Reach and Halo 4, I absolutely used and abused the traditional "noob" combo. It worked.

For Halo 4 itself, yeah, it did come out very late in the Xbox 360's life cycle (Nov. 2012, as I recall) and do this day it's the most graphically impressive Xbox 360 game I saw; I was extremely impressed. Gameplay-wise my initial impressions were luke warm, but now, I find I really, really enjoy it. It's my second favourite Halo FPS Campaign, second only to Halo 2.

I really enjoyed the overall balance of gameplay and equipment, I loved, loved, LOVED finally having a default Sprint ability, the Mantis was neat, and story-wise, while I wasn't keen on the return of the Forerunners themselves, I loved how much more human they made John, and the play between him and Cortana. I thought it was extremely well done.
I personally thought it was too much too fast for how emotional John was in that game, but I don’t mind him being developed more. Halo 2 was my favorite story wise but I have major issues with the balancing of the games difficulty and how most encounters are just kill waves till a door opens or a corridor, not as much open arenas. And you either need a BR, Carbine, beam rifle, sniper, or plasma pistol at all times without any deviation on high difficulties. I’m 1, every gun was viable except the needler

I like how different the games are, with 4 and 2 being your favorite gameplay wise and 1 and reach being mine, there’s a clear difference with the flow of those games vs each other, and I think halo does a good job of catering to different types of fps players but still being enjoyable to its fans. Except 5

I personally thought it was too much too fast for how emotional John was in that game, but I don’t mind him being developed more. Halo 2 was my favorite story wise but I have major issues with the balancing of the games difficulty and how most encounters are just kill waves till a door opens or a corridor, not as much open arenas. And you either need a BR, Carbine, beam rifle, sniper, or plasma pistol at all times without any deviation on high difficulties. I’m 1, every gun was viable except the needler

I like how different the games are, with 4 and 2 being your favorite gameplay wise and 1 and reach being mine, there’s a clear difference with the flow of those games vs each other, and I think halo does a good job of catering to different types of fps players but still being enjoyable to its fans. Except 5
For his character in Halo 4, 343 Industries really began incorporating more aspects of the expanded universe (i.e. the novels), so how he acted in Halo 4 overall felt right to me. There are a few things they didn't properly explain in-game though. A specific example being the Covenant. Most people don't (or at least didn't at the time) know that this Covenant was completely different from before; this was a splinter faction formed after the Covenant collapsed in Halo 3, formed years later. That's why the Elites and Grunts have different, lesser armour, because they're not formal military.

For the games themselves, absolutely, there's a game for everyone with different flow and feel to them. My personal ranking of the Campaigns for the first person shooters, combining both gameplay and story, is:

• Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo 4
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4: Spartan Ops
"Spartan Ops" would have been much better if it had been balanced better, instead of being perma set for four players. Halo 3 is to me what Halo 5: Guardians is to you, a complete mess of gameplay ideas and an awful story that marred everything the previous two games accomplished. To this day, I still remember how horribly disappointed with it I was by the time I'd only made it to the game's third level.

Unrelated to Halo, are you playing on a 4K TV, and if so, have you tried DOOM (2016) on your Xbox Series X?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For his character in Halo 4, 343 Industries really began incorporating more aspects of the expanded universe (i.e. the novels), so how he acted in Halo 4 overall felt right to me. There are a few things they didn't properly explain in-game though. A specific example being the Covenant. Most people don't (or at least didn't at the time) know that this Covenant was completely different from before; this was a splinter faction formed after the Covenant collapsed in Halo 3, formed years later. That's why the Elites and Grunts have different, lesser armour, because they're not formal military.

For the games themselves, absolutely, there's a game for everyone with different flow and feel to them. My personal ranking of the Campaigns for the first person shooters, combining both gameplay and story, is:

• Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo 4
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4: Spartan Ops
"Spartan Ops" would have been much better if it had been balanced better, instead of being perma set for four players. Halo 3 is to me what Halo 5: Guardians is to you, a complete mess of gameplay ideas and an awful story that marred everything the previous two games accomplished. To this day, I still remember how horribly disappointed with it I was by the time I'd only made it to the game's third level.

Unrelated to Halo, are you playing on a 4K TV, and if so, have you tried DOOM (2016) on your Xbox Series X?
That’s a solid ranking. For the campaigns I would go:
  1. CE
  2. Reach
  3. 3
  4. 2
  5. 4
  6. ODST
  7. 5
I think infinite has the potential to beat them all honestly. And yes, im on a 4K OLED TV and it makes a huge difference, haven’t played doom 2016 yet and really feel no urge to aside from novelty

That’s a solid ranking. For the campaigns I would go:
  1. CE
  2. Reach
  3. 3
  4. 2
  5. 4
  6. ODST
  7. 5
I think infinite has the potential to beat them all honestly. And yes, im on a 4K OLED TV and it makes a huge difference, haven’t played doom 2016 yet and really feel no urge to aside from novelty
That's also an excellent ranking order. Overall, I personally feel every game in the franchise is at the very least "good," and all are certainly worth playing.

Interestingly, a decade ago, Halo: Reach was my second favourite and Halo 4 was lower on my totem pole. Coming back to them though, I'm not keen with the changes to Armour Abilities that 343 Industries did after Bungie finished (i.e. they butchered Armour Lock, it now takes six years to activate. I get the multiplayer reasons for it, but no need for it to be changed for the Campaign), I find the gameplay hasn't aged as well for me, I was never keen on the unnecessary lore changes they shoehorned in, and in the "Master Chief Collection" version, the Sabre sequence is now overly hard/frustrating due to the increase frame rate giving the enemy ships extra attack rate. That used to be one of my fav sequences in the Campaign, as brief as it was.

Conversely, I found I appreciated Halo 4's expanded mechanics and Armour Abilities, the overall story, pacing, etc. I had a blast with it, thus the two games generally swapped spots on my list now.

For a 4K TV, okay. I picked one up last Black Friday, and have slowly been playing through all my 4K/HDR enabled games again just to see what their like. Most look better, some look insanely better, but I've noticed DOOM (2016), which I'm replaying now, actually looks worse. Everything is indeed sharper being in 4K, but I find that highlights and better displays the game's lower texture quality, which just wasn't as noticeable in 1080p. Was gonna ask you if you'd noticed the same.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That's also an excellent ranking order. Overall, I personally feel every game in the franchise is at the very least "good," and all are certainly worth playing.

Interestingly, a decade ago, Halo: Reach was my second favourite and Halo 4 was lower on my totem pole. Coming back to them though, I'm not keen with the changes to Armour Abilities that 343 Industries did after Bungie finished (i.e. they butchered Armour Lock, it now takes six years to activate. I get the multiplayer reasons for it, but no need for it to be changed for the Campaign), I find the gameplay hasn't aged as well for me, I was never keen on the unnecessary lore changes they shoehorned in, and in the "Master Chief Collection" version, the Sabre sequence is now overly hard/frustrating due to the increase frame rate giving the enemy ships extra attack rate. That used to be one of my fav sequences in the Campaign, as brief as it was.

Conversely, I found I appreciated Halo 4's expanded mechanics and Armour Abilities, the overall story, pacing, etc. I had a blast with it, thus the two games generally swapped spots on my list now.

For a 4K TV, okay. I picked one up last Black Friday, and have slowly been playing through all my 4K/HDR enabled games again just to see what their like. Most look better, some look insanely better, but I've noticed DOOM (2016), which I'm replaying now, actually looks worse. Everything is indeed sharper being in 4K, but I find that highlights and better displays the game's lower texture quality, which just wasn't as noticeable in 1080p. Was gonna ask you if you'd noticed the same.
I could see that, maybe you could mess around with the settings for 2016. As for reach I think it’s almost perfect gameplay wise, my only gripe being the dumbed down brutes basically being grunts with larger health pools, and I hate reticle bloom. I wasn’t really aware of the armor lock changes, on legendary I think you’re screwing yourself if you don’t use drop shield since it heals you. 4 was too linear for me, and I got really sick of the whole game being “go and hit these 3 buttons”, the terrible ammo capacities, and some of the guns being legit garbage (the suppressor). Reach’s lore changes didn’t bother me because it was bungie’s universe and the games come first so the books can take a back seat

I could see that, maybe you could mess around with the settings for 2016. As for reach I think it’s almost perfect gameplay wise, my only gripe being the dumbed down brutes basically being grunts with larger health pools, and I hate reticle bloom. I wasn’t really aware of the armor lock changes, on legendary I think you’re screwing yourself if you don’t use drop shield since it heals you. 4 was too linear for me, and I got really sick of the whole game being “go and hit these 3 buttons”, the terrible ammo capacities, and some of the guns being legit garbage (the suppressor). Reach’s lore changes didn’t bother me because it was bungie’s universe and the games come first so the books can take a back seat
Sadly there are no settings for texture quality in the Xbox One X version of DOOM (2016).

Yes, the Brutes were simpler, but at this point in the story, they were used as shock troops, so it does rather fit.

For Halo 4, I didn't find the ammo capacity horrible at all, and the Suppressor is actually an excellent weapon; it's one of my go-to's and one of the best weapons for taking out Promethean Knights.

And correct, game always come before books, it was just disappointing at the time as Bungie had been so supportive of the EU and had worked in it a lot themselves, and began integrating it into the games. It was even more frustrating when the changes they made didn't even need to happen, and the core story of the game would have fit just well in the confines of the original lore.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sadly there are no settings for texture quality in the Xbox One X version of DOOM (2016).

Yes, the Brutes were simpler, but at this point in the story, they were used as shock troops, so it does rather fit.

For Halo 4, I didn't find the ammo capacity horrible at all, and the Suppressor is actually an excellent weapon; it's one of my go-to's and one of the best weapons for taking out Promethean Knights.

And correct, game always come before books, it was just disappointing at the time as Bungie had been so supportive of the EU and had worked in it a lot themselves, and began integrating it into the games. It was even more frustrating when the changes they made didn't even need to happen, and the core story of the game would have fit just well in the confines of the original lore.
I’ll have to agree to disagree on the suppressor haha but I’m genuinely surprised you didn’t notice the ammo capacity. In the act man’s review he highlights it using the plasma pistol. You lose like 2% per shot and in CE you lose 1% every 5 shots and it’s a stronger and deadlier version of the gun.

I’ll have to agree to disagree on the suppressor haha but I’m genuinely surprised you didn’t notice the ammo capacity. In the act man’s review he highlights it using the plasma pistol. You lose like 2% per shot and in CE you lose 1% every 5 shots and it’s a stronger and deadlier version of the gun.
Fair enough. On Heroic at least, Promethean Knights die easy to the Suppressor; just did a play through a week or go and it still held true. The one's with Incinerator's are the only exceptions since they can generally kill you faster and you do need to take them at range.

The general rule I found in the game was Promethean Weapons>UNSC Weapons>Covenant Weapons. There are some exceptions, such as I prefer the Magnum over Boltshot, but generally it's the Promethean weapons you want.

And I never had ammo issues in the game at all, but I've always been the kind of player who rations ammo in any shooter save DOOM. I'll backtrack five minutes of walking to get max ammo back on a weapon when I'm down only two shots, so it's rare I'm out of ammo ever.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Fair enough. On Heroic at least, Promethean Knights die easy to the Suppressor; just did a play through a week or go and it still held true. The one's with Incinerator's are the only exceptions since they can generally kill you faster and you do need to take them at range.

The general rule I found in the game was Promethean Weapons>UNSC Weapons>Covenant Weapons. There are some exceptions, such as I prefer the Magnum over Boltshot, but generally it's the Promethean weapons you want.

And I never had ammo issues in the game at all, but I've always been the kind of player who rations ammo in any shooter save DOOM. I'll backtrack five minutes of walking to get max ammo back on a weapon when I'm down only two shots, so it's rare I'm out of ammo ever.
I’m pretty decent with ammo and I do think ammo conservation should be encouraged but like fuck, I hate fighting dumb bullet sponge enemies with one hit kill weapons. Although thank god the knights with binary rifles have a physical cue. I just think going from reach elites to the knights is a huge step down

I’m pretty decent with ammo and I do think ammo conservation should be encouraged but like fuck, I hate fighting dumb bullet sponge enemies with one hit kill weapons. Although thank god the knights with binary rifles have a physical cue. I just think going from reach elites to the knights is a huge step down
Yeah, I hate 1-hit kill stuff too. For the Knights, at least on Heroic, the only one-hit kills where, as you said, Binary Rifles, and Incinerators. At range, you can absolutely dodge the Incinerators, thankfully.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, I hate 1-hit kill stuff too. For the Knights, at least on Heroic, the only one-hit kills where, as you said, Binary Rifles, and Incinerators. At range, you can absolutely dodge the Incinerators, thankfully.
You definitely can dodge inceneration cannons, scatter shots can still be a problem. I think CE has the best difficulty scaling. No one hit melee deaths and you can survive 19 plasma rifle shots (compared to 6 in 2 lmao), and are decently strong where as once again in 2 you only have more HP than the flood infection form. Being weaker than a grunt really kills the immersion of being a badass super soldier or being the covenants equivalent

You definitely can dodge inceneration cannons, scatter shots can still be a problem. I think CE has the best difficulty scaling. No one hit melee deaths and you can survive 19 plasma rifle shots (compared to 6 in 2 lmao), and are decently strong where as once again in 2 you only have more HP than the flood infection form. Being weaker than a grunt really kills the immersion of being a badass super soldier or being the covenants equivalent
Halo: Combat Evolved did do it well. For Halo 2 they removed health completely of course and relied solely on recharging Shields, so they had to balance it differently. I generally just assume you're made of tissue paper when playing on Harder difficulties.

According to Bungie, "Heroic" was the story canon difficulty, the way Halo was meant to be played, and I feel they got that right in Halo 2. You're tough, but just like in the EU, he's far from invincible. Only a few hits are needed to drop his Shields, and then anything beyond that can be death.

Keep in mind John and the other Spartan-II's might be the peak of human engineering and forced evolution, and generally the equivalent of a Sanghelli, but they are still human. Considering how easily they dispatch Elites themselves...

Also remember that John specifically, is primary character trait is "luck," which is actually canon. Cortana gave up trying to calculate his survival odds back during, I think the events of Halo: Combat Evolved because he should have tied a whole bunch of times already, but he's got luck!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Halo: Combat Evolved did do it well. For Halo 2 they removed health completely of course and relied solely on recharging Shields, so they had to balance it differently. I generally just assume you're made of tissue paper when playing on Harder difficulties.

According to Bungie, "Heroic" was the story canon difficulty, the way Halo was meant to be played, and I feel they got that right in Halo 2. You're tough, but just like in the EU, he's far from invincible. Only a few hits are needed to drop his Shields, and then anything beyond that can be death.

Keep in mind John and the other Spartan-II's might be the peak of human engineering and forced evolution, and generally the equivalent of a Sanghelli, but they are still human. Considering how easily they dispatch Elites themselves...

Also remember that John specifically, is primary character trait is "luck," which is actually canon. Cortana gave up trying to calculate his survival odds back during, I think the events of Halo: Combat Evolved because he should have tied a whole bunch of times already, but he's got luck!
Halo 2 just feels wrong to me with the difficulty, I understand the story reasons for recharging health but I don't like it. In CE you have a pretty large health pool under the shield even on legendary (still fairly fragile though), and you get rewarded for making good decisions (keeping your health), and having it to use in a later part of a level to try something risky and really push it to get through a hard part. With recharging health, all that is gone, no reward for making smart choices with positioning throughout a fight, no punishment for being dumb and barely scraping by. Makes replaying levels more fun too because there is that extra layer of trying to get away with more health than you did last time in each fight. Halo CE is borderline perfect with the difficulty balancing to me. I think 2 was amazing also and I love the Arbiter, but i miss the health mechanic. Sure it's back in reach, but it feels mostly cosmetic to me on Legendary because you're still pretty fragile compared to CE with no shields (I get that Noble 6 is a Spartan 3, but id be okay with lore inconsistencies for better gameplay).

Fair enough. I didn't have an issue with the recharging Health Mechanic, but I get what you mean.

For Halo: Reach, I just thought it was cool to actually have Spartan-III's in a game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Fair enough. I didn't have an issue with the recharging Health Mechanic, but I get what you mean.

For Halo: Reach, I just thought it was cool to actually have Spartan-III's in a game.
It’s so a part of halo for the vast majority of games and I like what it brings to multiplayer which is where most time is spent anyways so it is what it is. Just excited for infinite at this point and I genuinely love every game but 5, and ODST which is good but overrated.