What's new

Halo 5

ryublaze

Noob
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-confirmed-for-2015-release-on-xbox-one/1100-6419677/

"Microsoft has confirmed that Halo 5, now known officially as Halo 5: Guardians, will not be released on Xbox One until fall 2015, but has once again reiterated that the Halo "journey" will continue this year."

"Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4," continued Ross. "That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

"it’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from Halo 4 about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale--and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the Halo universe."

What do you guys think? Personally I'm not really hyped at all...not after being ripped off by Halo 4. I'll probably wait to see the reviews before even considering getting an XB1 for this. There are also rumors about HD remakes of Halos 1-4 which will be released later this year called "Halo: The Master Chief Collection". I'm actually more excited about that because I loved Halo 3 and it'd be awesome to be able to play it again along with Halo 2. But I feel like the online population is going to be split between the four games, and then it'll eventually die off once Halo 5 comes out.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I think they should just remake the games but have a single multiplayer with all the good maps from the four games. It would prevent the splitting of MP.

I'll buy Halo 5 but I won't be hype for it like I was for 4.

I'm actually more excited to see what kind of Gears news we will be hearing at E3. That was my game of the 360 generation.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yeah I saw that they were making a new Halo I would have posted it up but Im jst not an Xbox guy/Halo guy.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
@RedRaptor10 do not worry about halo multiplayer dying, if they don't touch halo 2 or h3 a huge number of people will buy this and be playing that shit, hell they may even bring it back to MLG since it will have the appeal of up to date graphics. i know i will definitely be buying an xbox one now since i had no reason to before because titanfall is on the PC.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
If they updated Halo 2 or even Halo 3 graphics wise and left EVERYTHING else the same including multiplayer, id buy the Xbox One just for that.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Until 343 learns how to properly balance a game and learn how to design better maps, I won't be hype for this.

Halo 4 was ok but I was having too high of expectations and it led to disappointments. Not to mention the number of massive retards that I've encountered in the Halo Waypoint forums.

Though if it does end up being really good, I will consider getting an XbOne for it.

EDIT: Halo 3 for life

Last edited:

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I'm hype about the Master Chief Collection.

343 is going to have to win my interest back into any other future Halo titles.