What's new

Tech Half-baked option select vs Shazam's Adv. Teleport

KingKuma

Noob
WARNING: This is a proof of concept video more than anything. There's still a lot of testing needed to make this OS consistent and usable. Also, by no means does it make Shazam free on wake-up. He's still a slippery son of a bitch.

The dummy is set to jump and advancing teleport on wake-up. The basic premise is that if Shazam teleports he gets grabbed and if he jumps or does nothing B2, 3 comes out and you maintain pressure. As stated before Shazam can still do a myriad of things to beat this OS; it really only eliminates his advancing teleport (maybe...). I say maybe because I don't know if Shazam can teleport and quickly back dash. If someone could test that out I'd really appreciate it.

All I am doing after the initial Body Press is B2, Reverse Body Press. The timing is somewhat strict. If done too early Bane will just do a B2,3 string; if timed too late Shazam will teleport too far for Body Press to connect. This technically works with any string ending in 3 so F2,D,3 also works but I've had trouble getting the OS to work with that string in the corner.

If anything it looks pretty nifty, huh?

I suggest using the record function to test setups. Never set the dummy to auto-jump or auto-wake up. Record Bane doing the option-select, playback then take control of Shazam to test escape options. There are options to reset position at the corner or "in place".

It's the only way to make sure your OS is legit.

KingKuma

Noob
Point taken. Unfortunately I'm only home for this weekend and won't have access to my PS3 until November. I don't really consider this "my" OS as the main reason I put if up is for other players to work out the kinks in my stead as I don't really have the time anymore. I'm a big fan of your videos by the way. I would not mind at all if you worked on this and improved it further *hint* *hint* xD

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Old news, its called the Aug 2.
b.1 is better for it because it beats out torpedo with the same timing, and if he decides to block or backdash you can catch him since you only have 9 frames of recovery on b.1 and its +12 on block meaning free normal throw.

Uber

Noob
b.1 is better for it because it beats out torpedo with the same timing, and if he decides to block or backdash you can catch him since you only have 9 frames of recovery on b.1 and its +12 on block meaning free normal throw.

That's interesting tech. Does that actually punish teleport or can he jump out? Looks kinda like Shazam can jump. Also, does it reach a backwards teleport or does Bane whiff?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's interesting tech. Does that actually punish teleport or can he jump out? Looks kinda like Shazam can jump. Also, does it reach a backwards teleport or does Bane whiff?

He can't jump out, no. Command grab is a touch box meaning its active frames go whenever contact with the opponent is made. Even with Shazam teleporting, he DOES still have a little bit of recovery and even though his teleport is safe, he is still stuck having to block while our command grab is moving towards him.

As for the forward tele, no it sadly falls short.

Uber

Noob
Weird, ill have to test that. Shazam teleport only has like 12 frames of recovery and Banes throw is i20. Whatever though, if I can just punish the tech with a back teleport then no big deal.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Weird, ill have to test that. Shazam teleport only has like 12 frames of recovery and Banes throw is i20. Whatever though, if I can just punish the tech with a back teleport then no big deal.

You can't punish it with back teleport. If you don't teleport, the command grab never comes out because its not a read motion. Just the b.1, which has 9 frames of recovery. The teleport only has 12 frames of recovery, but you have to remember our grab isn't going from the end of the tele, but from the middle onwards. Its 20 frames at the maximum distance, but point blank its anywhere from 13-15 frames.

Basically we do b.1 - d.f.b.3. If you teleport behind us, the game reads it as "d.b.f.3" and the command grab comes out. If you stay in front, however, the game reads it as it was, being d.f.b.3 which isn't a real command. We are left neutral and either get a free stuff on your AT or are neutral.

KingKuma

Noob

I'm not sure we're doing exactly the same thing here Doom. Just a couple of questions to start.

1. Do hard knock-downs affect the Aug 2 at all? Not sure why you chose the VU knock-down for your video as he can just tech --> retreating teleport when not in the corner.

2. What do you mean by catch him? Sure there are things you can do if B1 is blocked but those still involve some thinking afterwards. I like OS's as stupid proof as possible so the way I was thinking of using it would be: predict advancing teleport --> OS --> if anything but torpedo you're safe and maintain pressure.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm not sure we're doing exactly the same thing here Doom. Just a couple of questions to start.

1. Do hard knock-downs affect the Aug 2 at all? Not sure why you chose the VU knock-down for your video as he can just tech --> retreating teleport when not in the corner.

2. What do you mean by catch him? Does BP still come out if he blocks or back dashes? Sure there are things you can do if B1 is blocked but those still involve some thinking afterwards. I like my OS's as stupid proof as possible so the way I was thinking of using it would be: predict advancing teleport --> OS --> if anything but torpedo you're safe and maintain pressure.
1. Knockdown doesn't matter, hard or soft works as long as you are in range to b.1 him on wake-up. VU is just the easiest to time.

2. Body press overrides backdash invuln frames so that's not an option. The body press itself is a touchbox so if you do it right you'll collide with Shazam's hitbox right as he comes out of teleport and he won't be able to do anything due to recovery frames. If you didn't know yet, a touchbox is basically a persistant hitbox that gets active frames once it comes in contact with an enemy. The best example is Zangief's walking powerbomb (360+K) where it'll run until the opponent is in reach and then the move comes out.

He can't block it (obviously, its an unblockable) but if you do it right he shouldn't be able to jump or backdash either. If he torpedos, b.1 will hit him out of it. He can still command grab you but its risky to do on account of b.11 being a grab immune string. Everything else that he does won't punish you since b.1 has about 9 frames of recovery total. If he just sits and blocks, its +12 on block so you have tons of leeway to do any kind of pressure follow-up you want. I usually like to lead in like this:

b.23 b.23 (fast stand reset) into a dash b.11xxd.f.db.f+3
The f.db(down back).f+3 command becomes a game-lead option select where the game will prioritize the command over the input. If done right, the game will see your listing as d.f.b.3+f if they teleport behind you (with the direction change it auto-corrects to d.b.f.3+b) and it'll have the command grab come out first since d.b.f.3 is a listed command. However, if they decide to stay and block, the b.11 is a tick throw set-up meaning body press will hit on block instead of whiffing on guard stun. Since d.f.b.3 isn't a command, the game will instead read it as (d.f.)d.b.f.3 which is a command, namely body press.

The motion isn't too hard, you are basically doing d.f.d.f. but on the second down roll your finger back a bit. Like if you ever watch me do a command grab in any of my tech videos, you'll notice my motions aren't simply d.b.f. but a roll of directions to achieve the same result.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As far as f.2.d.3 goes, honestly at level 3 venom we get a sort of auto-pilot deal with our f.2.d on his wake-up.
mostly impractical, but I made it for a buddy who was having trouble.

For the teleports, if you get good enough you CAN do a f.2.d type deal like you said in the original post, but all in all the b.1 solution is more reliable.

Uber

Noob
Was playing around with Aug 2 today. It does seem to be able to catch teleport if you can trust the jump setting for AI to be on frame 1 ( record won't work for reverse inputs so you cant record Bane and react with Shazam). One thing I did find is that this doesn't really seem to be a special cancel like B1xxBP, its actually B1...stop...body press the other direction. The thing about this is that I seem to end up B3ing often if Shazam does a reverse teleport instead because the reverse body press input is done from a neutral state. But maybe I'm doing it wrong?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Well I tend to Adv. tele and follow up with a torpedo so at best with your armour all you're gonna do is whiff and get me back in the corner but I have plenty of time to escape again.

This is a cool concept for punishing the teleport out of corner though, but still GG. nice try.