What's new

HAAAAALLPPP (F33B3 EX Forceball)

I need help! So as Johnny Cage I'm having trouble with the f33b3 EX forceball... It seems as though you have to time it just right? Is there an easy way to do this??? THANKS

If you're actually trying to do F33B3 -> EX Forceball, which doesn't connect by the way, it shouldn't be very difficult. I like to input the string and buffer EX Forceball as the B3 animation approaches.

F33ExForceball is most commonly the better option.

If you're actually trying to do F33B3 -> EX Forceball, which doesn't connect by the way, it shouldn't be very difficult. I like to input the string and buffer EX Forceball as the B3 animation approaches.

F33ExForceball is most commonly the better option.
My Secretary tells me that the F33B3 into EX Forceball, it does connect in the corner. Is this true? Also when I said to do F33B3 into EX Forceball I'm talking about as a block string not an actual hit

NKZero

Noob
My Secretary tells me that the F33B3 into EX Forceball, it does connect in the corner. Is this true? Also when I said to do F33B3 into EX Forceball I'm talking about as a block string not an actual hit
Your secretary? :eek:

f+3, 3, b+3--EX force ball might jail in the corner I'm not sure. I've seen Dizzy use it as a block string in the corner so maybe yes but don't take my word for it.

In general though and certainly at least mid-screen, you want to be doing f+3, 3--EX force ball (w/out b+3).

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Don't use f33b3 forceball midscreen only f33 and if your opponent is stand blocking ex forceball. Only use f33b3 ex forceball in the corner if your opponent is standing but use it sparingly because your opponent could intentionally get hit by the last hit of the string sometimes so they could duck and whiff punish the forceballs.

You could do f33 ex forceball in the corner to ensure your advantage so they can't get hit by the end of the string to duck. Only on some characters like kitana, reptile or ermac you don't want to do f33 ex forceball in the corner because the second forceball will whiff on their hitboxes and midscreen you can't f33 ex forceball reptile or ermac at all

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
After 2 1 2, the Ex Rune is guaranteed. But if you're in the corner, you can use 113 Rune to keep them from jumping, though...oddly, the 113 allows them to jump and the Ex Rune will hit them in the air, so if you need the guaranteed damage you should do 11 Rune. Wait, what forum am I in?

After 2 1 2, the Ex Rune is guaranteed. But if you're in the corner, you can use 113 Rune to keep them from jumping, though...oddly, the 113 allows them to jump and the Ex Rune will hit them in the air, so if you need the guaranteed damage you should do 11 Rune. Wait, what forum am I in?
Johnny Cage's sub-forum.

Don't use f33b3 forceball midscreen only f33 and if your opponent is stand blocking ex forceball. Only use f33b3 ex forceball in the corner if your opponent is standing but use it sparingly because your opponent could intentionally get hit by the last hit of the string sometimes so they could duck and whiff punish the forceballs.

You could do f33 ex forceball in the corner to ensure your advantage so they can't get hit by the end of the string to duck. Only on some characters like kitana, reptile or ermac you don't want to do f33 ex forceball in the corner because the second forceball will whiff on their hitboxes and midscreen you can't f33 ex forceball reptile or ermac at all
Thanks, I think you're the most helpful one... other than SPLED0R of course

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Also, what are your guys's thoughts on 13 EX force, I know I saw Dizzy do it recently, possibly in Evo 2013
Oh yea I forgot about that. In cases where you hit a nutpunch on ermac or reptile midscreen since jip f33 ex forceball will whiff on them then do 13 ex forceball so the forceballs hit. I think I saw that match I'm pretty sure he was playing a reptile which would explain why he did it. If your opponent gets hit by the 13 string the forceballs will miss because the 3 kicks them in the gut and then they like count as crouching I guess idk but yea they'll whiff so try your best to hit confirm :p