What's new

H. Smoke- aahp aahp jk airthrow

Well I knew for awhile now you could get aahp aahp jk airthrow for smokes ender against male ninjas. Today I decided to try it on the rest of the cast.

This was the results

Nightwolf
Kano
Sindel
Kabal
Stryker
Female Ninjas
Male Ninjas
and of course Jax, Sub-Zero and the robots.

The only people that I couldn't get it on is Lao, Liu Kang, Sheeva, Sonya and Shang. I don't think it's possible on Shang or Sheeva but if anyone can get it on the other 3 we could add it to the list. Then maybe Shock can update the guide. This is pretty much a useless combo and extremely difficult on certain characters so I wouldn't encourage it for competitive play.

Example- http://youtube.com/watch?v=J0RI-G8fM_4

I can do it on everyone except Liu Kang, and Shang Tsung. Sheeva's no problem as well as Kung Lao, and Sonya. Just different timing is all.

agent007 said:
Well I knew for awhile now you could get aahp aahp jk airthrow for smokes ender against male ninjas. Today I decided to try it on the rest of the cast.

This was the results

Nightwolf
Kano
Sindel
Kabal
Stryker
Female Ninjas
Male Ninjas
and of course Jax, Sub-Zero and the robots.

The only people that I couldn't get it on is Lao, Liu Kang, Sheeva, Sonya and Shang. I don't think it's possible on Shang or Sheeva but if anyone can get it on the other 3 we could add it to the list. Then maybe Shock can update the guide. This is pretty much a useless combo and extremely difficult on certain characters so I wouldn't encourage it for competitive play.

Example- http://youtube.com/watch?v=J0RI-G8fM_4
Awesome man

Phoenix said:
I can do it on everyone except Liu Kang, and Shang Tsung. Sheeva's no problem as well as Kung Lao, and Sonya. Just different timing is all.
Actually OI can't get sonya with it. But other than Sonya, Tsung, and Kang, Its doable for me offline.

Phoenix said:
Phoenix said:
Actually OI can't get sonya with it. But other than Sonya, Tsung, and Kang, Its doable for me offline.
aahp jk airthrow is easy on every character but i could not get aahp aahp jk airthrow on the one's i have mentioned. Can you please post a vid of it on Sheeva?

agent007 said:
Phoenix said:
Phoenix said:
aahp jk airthrow is easy on every character but i could not get aahp aahp jk airthrow on the one's i have mentioned. Can you please post a vid of it on Sheeva?
Me, no. I have a DvD recorder, but the dvd's that I have are wierd so...

ded

Elder God
me and shock bothered with this while we worked on shattered and i remember that i couldnt get it vs sheeva either.

Derek

Noob
TheRagingStorm said:
I can easily pull this exact combo off in MKT but not in UMK3. I dunno why?
MKT is faster, even PSX Greatest Hits/PC version. Faster walking speed=easier combos.

Wow this one went over my head. I was tipsy when I first replied. I thought you were talking about aahp, jk... not aahp, hp, jk :oops: . Ive actually never tried this. Ive done, aahp, hp, jk, run in lk once but I believe it was to the corner but idk.

Phoenix said:
Wow this one went over my head. I was tipsy when I first replied. I thought you were talking about aahp, jk... not aahp, hp, jk :oops: . Ive actually never tried this. Ive done, aahp, hp, jk, run in lk once but I believe it was to the corner but idk.
It's cool man. I could get so close at times I thought I had it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
lol oh, aaHP JK air throw is possible on everyonr, aaHPHP, JK air throw is not.

Shock said:
lol oh, aaHP JK air throw is possible on everyonr, aaHPHP, JK air throw is not.
I realize that and I figured it was impossible against Shang. I was hoping to see if anyone knew that it could be done or wanted to try it against Lao, Sonya, Liu and Sheeva. So far it can be done on 18 out of 23 characters.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think aahphp can get be done on those characters, I haven't given it full attention, but aaHP, JK air throw is easy enough, vs Shang requires some more harsh timing.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cool combo man, last part can be annoying at times. lol Sweet though man. 8)

l SuGaR l said:
TheRagingStorm said:
I can easily pull this exact combo off in MKT but not in UMK3. I dunno why?
MKT is faster, even PSX Greatest Hits/PC version. Faster walking speed=easier combos.
The game runs faster, it doesn't make anything easier. The engine is still the same unless you are only talking about the n64 version :roll:

Derek

Noob
Are you kidding me Dave? So you're saying that faster overall walking speed doesn't make combos easier such as ending H. Smoke's combo with aaHP, JK, Air Throw? That's just BS. Greatest hits MKT is on the UMK3 engine so all the gravity is the same and so are the physics if you speed up walking and keep everything else the same it's going to be easier to do certain things.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The walking speed isn't the only thing that's faster, the whole thing is faster which means you still have the same amount of abstract time to do combos or juggles. They fall faster as well. The whole game is 33% faster. There are a handful of instances where things can happen in MKT that can't in UMK3 like Nightwolf can easily do aaHPHP, Tackle, Tackle as a punisher where it's virtually impossible in UMK3, I think I got it once on Jax as a set up juggle. This doesn't have anything to do with falling speed in MKT but more of the recovery of the tackle being less when it connects.

For some reason, no matter how many times I try, I can never even get the aaHP, JK, airthrow to all connect.

I'm able to get the aaHP, JK and JK, airthrow separately easily, but I can never get it all to connect.

Even when I run a little before the aaHP, I can't get it all to connect.

Tips??

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
walk forward, run step+HP, walk another step, then JK/Air Throw, almost hitting the buttons at the same time. There are various timings, but you want there to be a lot of frame contact on the JK.