What's new

Guys, I need you help! Reiko/Shaun Himmerick controversy

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't want to pull up any past wounds or anything, but here's the deal...

I'm a Reiko fan... one of the few odd ones, I know. So when someone is requesting Reiko to return in MK11, I'm all for it! However, because of the whole thing that happened on Twitter with Shaun Himmerick back before MKX was launched, I was so certain that Reiko was confirmed never to return, like... ever!

I've been trying to find a source for it, but can't, so now I'm not certain if such a confirmation ever happened or if I misunderstood something.

Though Reiko is not really all that popular, his chances are low already. But that's not the question.
What I'd like your help with is to find any official sources which can enlighten me on what was truly said about Reiko's chances of returning to the MK franchise, if there was indeed anything said about it!

Can you guys help me?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Nothing was ever said about Reiko returning or not. Himmerick just took off Twitter and that was it. That's what I remember happening in 2015.

trufenix

bye felicia
lol, Himmerick "quit twitter forever" because an insane fan threatened his wife over Reiko being in MKX. Like seriously unpleasantly threatened. It got really stupid and out of hand because everything like that does.

It also has dick all to do with why Reiko wasn't included.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Nothing was ever said about Reiko returning or not. Himmerick just took off Twitter and that was it. That's what I remember happening in 2015.
Then I have absolutely no idea how that got into my head! I've been certain for years that was it for Reiko! Again, I know his chances of returning are already unlikely, but at least not impossible. Kinda takes a small pebble off my heart. ♥

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Then I have absolutely no idea how that got into my head! I've been certain for years that was it for Reiko! Again, I know his chances of returning are already unlikely, but at least not impossible. Kinda takes a small pebble off my heart. ♥
As @trufenix said, the person threatening Himmerick's wife was ostensibly a Reiko fan demanding he be brought back into the series. But nobody ever said anything about whether the character actually would return -- it was just a crazy person who happened to be talking about Reiko.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I only skimmed this thread, but I managed to glean that Heavy Norse fingered Shaun’s wife on a bed of dolphin skin stuffed with baby plover feathers.
And that dolphin was named Reiko Schultz.
Rather distasteful. To even suggest I'd do anything like that to a woman. Disgusting!

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Himmerick "quit twitter forever" because an insane fan threatened his wife over Reiko being in MKX. Like seriously unpleasantly threatened. It got really stupid and out of hand because everything like that does.
Holy shit, I remember that. That was super awful, I remember being utterly pissed at the time.

Fuck Twitter beggars.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I feel your pain, being a Fujin fan lol. I can relate, though if Reiko did make the cut I wouldn't mind. I'm sure you know about his fate in the MK X comics. But yeah that crazy fan needs serious help, never understood insane fans that make death threats like seriously? lol I remember that, Shawn just quitting Twitter I don't blame him though in a way.