What's new

Tech Guranteed trait set ups?

Nutrient

Lex Flex
I'm currently working on short 1min vid tech for DD and wanted to know if you guys could enlighten me of any set ups that guarantee safe trait activation from knockdown?

Feedback appreciated

Hope to attach video by tomorrow involving Safe activation of trait from bnb using 112

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm currently working on short 1min vid tech for DD and wanted to know if you guys could enlighten me of any set ups that guarantee safe trait activation from knockdown?

Feedback appreciated

Hope to attach video by tomorrow involving Safe activation of trait from bnb using 112
MB AS.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Great, thank you Metzos

unaware if anything like this but what I'm working on is a set up that maximizes dmg then set ups activation of trait that cannot be punished by anything, MAYBE Supes 5f super
I m gonna do some testing and let you know.

EDIT: It seems that all of DD's trait setups are safe against all wake ups except Superman's super.

Trait setups i found:

23d1xxtrait.

MB AS trait.

B12 trait. ( i tested it against GL's Lantern's Might on wake up and most of the time it worked, so i guess you need to mash it.)

MB Venom trait.

B231xxtrait.

I think 112 trait works as well, but i m not 100% sure.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
pardon for this bonehead quesiton, but how does dd's trait regenerate? do i just have to wait just like bats or aqua? (how long) or do i have to get hit or hit my opponent?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
pardon for this bonehead quesiton, but how does dd's trait regenerate? do i just have to wait just like bats or aqua? (how long) or do i have to get hit or hit my opponent?
If you mean how much cool down has, its 15 seconds and it lasts 5 seconds. You simply press 4 and it activates. Its not like AM's trait.

migosan

If you mean how much cool down has, its 15 seconds and it lasts 5 seconds. You simply press 4 and it activates. Its not like AM's trait.
yeah, sometimes i wait too long for it to come back i thought i was supposed to hit or get hit to get it again (ff limit break logic) hahaha so it has more recovery time compared to aqua and bat's traits

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yeah, sometimes i wait too long for it to come back i thought i was supposed to hit or get hit to get it again (ff limit break logic) hahaha so it has more recovery time compared to aqua and bat's traits
Yeah it does. And unfortunately DD cannot activate it if he gets caught in a combo, like Aquaman. They nerfed his trait to the ground for no reason imo. Its not that groundbreaking.

migosan

plus it sucks against characters with multi hit specials or strings like nwing, aquaman, lantern etc

Glass Sword

Nobody
Don't forget you can get trait out of a f3 splat or a wall bounce. The f3 splat is especially important because it is unclashable. b3 into f3 19% plus safe trait is not a good time for your opponent. These are sort-of universal setups.
Also the mirror on Fortress of Solitude and the mini gun in Metropolis.