What's new

Guide - Gunslinger Gunslinger Guide by Sage Leviathan

Br3inboy

"This fight will be your last!"
Erron Black Gunslinger Guide (reposted for edits)
Version 1.2 (March 25 2016 7:46am EST)
Sage,

will there be a new guide for Gunslinger and because its my first encounter with Erron in the Lab what should i look out for after the postpach - i just would like to know how the last few changes have affected the guide.

Cheers m8

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What are his bad matchups. Seems to dominate all around
Dominate all around? That's false. He loses to characters with a better neutral game than him which is at least a few. Johnny Cage and Kotal for example are tough for him. I also think he loses to Alien, Shinnok and possibly Kano and Cassie.

Tweedy

Noob
Dominate all around? That's false. He loses to characters with a better neutral game than him which is at least a few. Johnny Cage and Kotal for example are tough for him. I also think he loses to Alien, Shinnok and possibly Kano and Cassie.
Which Kotal?

War God definitely loses to Gunslinger. I'm not going to say that he gets stomped out, but getting past sos4 without anything to throw back at him, is really tough(unless you're alien and you can krawl under them lol). Just about every player that I know who plays Gunslinger(Sonic, Sanix, Semiij), has great success in this match up. He can punish all swords now with his faster command grab. There are other points, I just don't want to diminish how strong Gunslinger's zoning is vs War God, by posting something that might not be that significant. He's much harder to get in on then any other character. What makes his zoning not super top is that other characters can beat out his moves with their own projectiles, due to their speed. War God just has to hold it. You could throw EX paddle toss, but you're paying resources for plus frames that may not matter at the range that you threw it.

Outside of Mystic and maybe Piercing, i'm not sure if War God has a harder match up in the game.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Which Kotal?

War God definitely loses to Gunslinger. I'm not going to say that he gets stomped out, but getting past sos4 without anything to throw back at him, is really tough(unless you're alien and you can krawl under them lol). Just about every player that I know who plays Gunslinger(Sonic, Sanix, Semiij), has great success in this match up. He can punish all swords now with his faster command grab. There are other points, I just don't want to diminish how strong Gunslinger's zoning is vs War God, by posting something that might not be that significant. He's much harder to get in on then any other character. What makes his zoning not super top is that other characters can beat out his moves with their own projectiles, due to their speed. War God just has to hold it. You could throw EX paddle toss, but you're paying resources for plus frames that may not matter at the range that you threw it.

Outside of Mystic and maybe Piercing, i'm not sure if War God has a harder match up in the game.
War God doesn't have to hold Gunslinger's zoning, he can D4 under mid gunshots.

However I didn't think about the command grab punishing swords every time so thanks for that.