What's new

Guilty Gear: Revelator

C-Sword

Noob
Demo coming April 5

The demo will include full versions of the arcade, training, and versus modes, as well as playable versions of the returning -SIGN- cast and newcomers Johnny, Jam Kuradoberi, and Jack-O.

Please note that the demo will only be available with a full prepurchase of -REVELATOR- on PlayStation Network.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Just started this week, but easily one of the best fighting games I've played. And definitely the best looking. Played XRD when it was released but couldn't find a character I liked, so stopped, but Jam has me hooked in Revelator.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Just started this week, but easily one of the best fighting games I've played. And definitely the best looking. Played XRD when it was released but couldn't find a character I liked, so stopped, but Jam has me hooked in Revelator.
Add ProudDisciple
If you are interested in getting in some games.
I'm always looking for people to play

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Demo coming April 5

The demo will include full versions of the arcade, training, and versus modes, as well as playable versions of the returning -SIGN- cast and newcomers Johnny, Jam Kuradoberi, and Jack-O.

Please note that the demo will only be available with a full prepurchase of -REVELATOR- on PlayStation Network.
Have u been playing Revelator?

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Anyone still playing? I'm considering picking it up soon, but I have nobody to play it with. I've played enough Blazblue to learn that everybody you meet online in Arksys fighters is good enough to get top 8 at EVO, and therefore isn't even worth fighting when I'm still in the process of learning my character's optimal combos and toolset.

I have a friend I play Blazblue with all the time but he refuses to get into Guilty Gear because Autism.

Arksys games are awesome but they have an incredibly steep learning curve and nobody east of Pappau New Guinea plays them.

Last edited:

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Anyone still playing? I'm considering picking it up soon, but I have nobody to play it with. I've played enough Blazblue to learn that everybody you meet online in Arksys fighters is good enough to get top 8 at EVO, and therefore isn't even worth fighting when I'm still in the process of learning my character's optimal combos and toolset.

I have a friend I play Blazblue with all the time but he refuses to get into Guilty Gear because Autism.

Arksys games are awesome but they have an incredibly steep learning curve and nobody east of Pappau New Guinea plays them.

I play
Add ProudDisciple

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think I'm going to start playing this game..

Any suggestions on what character would fit me best?

If it helps, here are my mains in other games:
MK9: Sektor
MKX: Scorpion
Injustice: Green Arrow / Martian Manhunter
Soul Calibur: Yoshimitsu
Street Fighter: Ibuki
Blazblue: Hazama

I'm not sure what archetypes there are in this game.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
@Red Reaper seems like you're all over the map with your character archetypes anyway so just go with who looks cool?

Sol/Ky/May are great learning characters. Jack-O is simple but very matchup dependent. I'd recommend Ky based on Hazama, Arrow, Martian and Sektor. He's got crazy good footsies and a bit of zoning, his pressure is adequate and mixups are barely there so he'll get you used to the system and movement.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Red Reaper seems like you're all over the map with your character archetypes anyway so just go with who looks cool?

Sol/Ky/May are great learning characters. Jack-O is simple but very matchup dependent. I'd recommend Ky based on Hazama, Arrow, Martian and Sektor. He's got crazy good footsies and a bit of zoning, his pressure is adequate and mixups are barely there so he'll get you used to the system and movement.
I kind of suspected my mains would be konsidered all over the place. One thing they do have in kommon though is high mobility. I was thinking of learning Elphelt but I don't know how I feel about relying on her grenades. I was also konsidering Millia since her knock down set ups remind me of Martian but she has low life and that's something that bugs me about Ibuki. I also want to check out Raven, but I don't have him unlocked yet and I'm not sure of how he plays. It seems like he might be the most versatile so I might go with him but I'm not sure. What is he really lacking?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I kind of suspected my mains would be konsidered all over the place. One thing they do have in kommon though is high mobility. I was thinking of learning Elphelt but I don't know how I feel about relying on her grenades. I was also konsidering Millia since her knock down set ups remind me of Martian but she has low life and that's something that bugs me about Ibuki. I also want to check out Raven, but I don't have him unlocked yet and I'm not sure of how he plays. It seems like he might be the most versatile so I might go with him but I'm not sure. What is he really lacking?
Raven is lacking a bit on defense, he has no good reversal and doesn't have the most life. He has crazy mobility though, great footsies, anti air, and mixups. He's specifically made to be beginner friendly, so if you don't love to learn by losing then he's a good choice.

If you want high mobility in revelator that just means don't play Potempkin, moving is the whole game in guilty gear. Millia and Dizzy have two air dashes, Chipp has three jumps and crazy teleports, Sin has a slide you can cancel on block and two extra command jump arcs, and Slayer and Jam are meant to never stand still with special moves that move them all over the ground.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Raven is lacking a bit on defense, he has no good reversal and doesn't have the most life. He has crazy mobility though, great footsies, anti air, and mixups. He's specifically made to be beginner friendly, so if you don't love to learn by losing then he's a good choice.

If you want high mobility in revelator that just means don't play Potempkin, moving is the whole game in guilty gear. Millia and Dizzy have two air dashes, Chipp has three jumps and crazy teleports, Sin has a slide you can cancel on block and two extra command jump arcs, and Slayer and Jam are meant to never stand still with special moves that move them all over the ground.
So he doesn't have a good reversal but from my understanding, neither does Millia and she has lower life, yet she is apparently a better character? Also, Elphelt only has a reversal as her Super, right? Is meter easy enough to build that we would not konsider this a drawback for Elphelt?

I am just wondering about what makes some characters better than others. I have a one week break after this week so I am really looking forward to unlocking Raven and using him.

PS: I don't like bulky characters/grapplers anyway..

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So he doesn't have a good reversal but from my understanding, neither does Millia and she has lower life, yet she is apparently a better character? Also, Elphelt only has a reversal as her Super, right? Is meter easy enough to build that we would not konsider this a drawback for Elphelt?

I am just wondering about what makes some characters better than others. I have a one week break after this week so I am really looking forward to unlocking Raven and using him.

PS: I don't like bulky characters/grapplers anyway..
"better" is hard for me to define in GG because I'm not the expert I used to be ten years ago. Raven is a few months old, and Millia is almost eighteen years old. She's one of the most mobile characters in the game, and is the OG vortex character in all of fighting games. Her lower life is less of a big thing for the veterans, because she can one hit kill like no one else, she can always mount a comeback.

I think reversals are more important for new players, they help you learn wakeup timing (very different from both NRS and capcom timings) and are meterless ways out of the legit and gimmick pressure options in the game. So that's just a personal suggestion more than a strong piece of evidence.

Neutral game and matchups are really the only thing that move a character on the tier list, there aren't any junk characters in Revelator, and post patch it seems like there aren't any god tier either. Axl is awesome but he has a tough time against a few of the popular folk, same as slayer and jam. The reason Sin, El, and Johnny were so high tier is they got to run their game on everyone from neutral and no one had good answers to the insane stuff they could do.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
"better" is hard for me to define in GG because I'm not the expert I used to be ten years ago. Raven is a few months old, and Millia is almost eighteen years old. She's one of the most mobile characters in the game, and is the OG vortex character in all of fighting games. Her lower life is less of a big thing for the veterans, because she can one hit kill like no one else, she can always mount a comeback.

I think reversals are more important for new players, they help you learn wakeup timing (very different from both NRS and capcom timings) and are meterless ways out of the legit and gimmick pressure options in the game. So that's just a personal suggestion more than a strong piece of evidence.

Neutral game and matchups are really the only thing that move a character on the tier list, there aren't any junk characters in Revelator, and post patch it seems like there aren't any god tier either. Axl is awesome but he has a tough time against a few of the popular folk, same as slayer and jam. The reason Sin, El, and Johnny were so high tier is they got to run their game on everyone from neutral and no one had good answers to the insane stuff they could do.
Thanx.. Really helps me out.

Do you know what is the fastest way to get in game kurrency? I just want to unlock Raven but it's taking forever doing the challenges. I have W$16000 ish... but I need W$200000 ....