What's new

Guide Guide to stuff that connect to Body Press

This could be very useful. I like the B2 or B11 into grab. This is gonna be hilarious.

Edit: RYX I love your icon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RYX
Ok so using this information you can create a mix up off of a blocked b11.

Cancel into Command grab: beats. Crouch and stand block

Cancel into Double Punch: beats crouch and people trying to jump to escape the grab

Finish the string: also beats jump and can be canceled into command grab.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
It's a cancel. Any normal that cancels into specials will let you do this.

You can mix people effectively by keeping them in check with d1 and then canceling d2 into body press.

A lot of these are not tight blockstrings. You can't really combo d1 into body press as it's slow and it doesn't generate enough frame advantage so that will whiff.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's a cancel. Any normal that cancels into specials will let you do this.

You can mix people effectively by keeping them in check with d1 and then canceling d2 into body press.

A lot of these are not tight blockstrings. You can't really combo d1 into body press as it's slow and it doesn't generate enough frame advantage so that will whiff.
No, it won't.

Go ahead and do blockstrings to cmmand grab and tell me if they all let it connect after you cancel to it.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
DEF good info. I was the other day in the lab looking for these precicely , if only i would have checked TYM first...sight...

NORMALS THAT CONNECT
D1
D2
B2
B11

These are the normals/blockstrings that connect to Body Press on block

You can use these as mixups. Just thought I'd write a list of the normals that have this property.

Hiryu02

Noob
Good to know about B2. I find the B11 cancel finicky. Having said that, it's good to see Bane's mixup game getting more and more legit.

I would have killed for a decent low combo starter as an Abel player.