What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

purbeast

Noob
DOWNLOAD THE APPS AT THE LINKS BELOW:

iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guide-mortal-kombat-x-edition/id987277288
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AndrewStanton.MKXGuide

NAME OF APP:

iOS:
Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition
Android: Guide for Mortal Kombat X

UPDATE - 6/30/2015

Another pretty large update - I will update with screen shot once I finish them later tonight. Changes below:

Move Punisher Tool has been added! With the new tool, you can quickly see which moves of your opponent can and can't be punished, what move you can punish with, and how many frames you have to punish! Check it out!

Also in this HUGE update:
- Latest patch frame data changes.
- Added EX and X-Ray buttons to Kustom Kombos
- Added a Forum button for each character, which links you to the character forum on testyourmight.com.
- Fixed some errors with Takeda.
- Fixed some errors with Raiden.

I also added a button in the prefs that goes to this thread for support and bug reporting.

UPDATE - 6/13/2015

iOS Frame Data update v2.0 should now be live! It was approved this afternoon so look out for it!

Please provide a good rating if you can and enjoy the app! It helps!

UPDATE - 6/13/2015

Alright well time for a MAJOR UPDATE!

After a couple rough days of grinding and grinding to get the frame data into the appliation, version 2.0 has been finished and NOW INCLUDES MOVE AND FRAME DATA!!! Check out the screen shot below!!

There are 2 ways to view the frame data, listed below (and you can see it in the screen shot too):

1. You can now click on the items in the Basic Attacks, Kombos, and Special Moves sections, and it will expand to show the move and frame data, including the type of move, the damage, and the ever important frame data.

2. There is also an option in the main section for the character variation for Frame Data that will display all frame data in a list format so it's easy to browse and find it quickly for all moves.

Now about the versions:

iOS:
I rejected the version I submitted on Tuesday night that included the Tanya update, and instead just submitted this update. The frame data update hopefully takes about a week or so to go through, and that will include Tanya as well. So stay tuned and you will be able to access it all very quick.

Android:
I haven't added it yet, but I plan on doing it today/tomorrow. Now that I have all of the frame data in the data file (which is by far the most time consuming thing to do, generate the data sheet), it's a pretty straight forward thing I have to do. I grinded out this week gathering the frame data and adding it to the iOS version since it takes longer to go through, but adding the functionality to Android shouldn't be too long. I hope to have it done by tomorrow.

Anyways, here is the screen shot of it for iOS. Hope you all enjoy this, this really took a lot of tedious grinding to get this information into the app lol!

UPDATE - 5/18/2015

So today I submitted an update that makes the Android version free with ads. The free version only allows you to use 2 Kustom Kombos per character but you can see how it looks. The Pro Version is $.99 and includes unlimited Kustom Kombos and removes the ads as well. So give it a try if you want to see how it works.

Also those who have purchased the full version will have the unlocked Pro Version when the upgrade hits (1.6.1). If there are any issues with those who purchased it, and it not being the Pro Version, please just contact me on here via PM or leave a post here, and we will get it figured out. It is checking the install date before the release of the 1.6.1 date, and if it's before, it gives you the Pro Version. But for some reason if it fails, just let me know and we'll sort it out.

Please give me a high rating if you DL it and enjoy the application, thanks!

ORIGINAL POST

First, I just want to say that I ran this by @STORMS and @Tim Static and he said it's cool that I post this on here (before people start claiming spam spam spam!)

Few weeks ago I finished creating a guide for MKX for iOS and Android. The iOS one FINALLY went through the review process over the weekend (18 days after submitting it) and I finished the Android one about 2 weeks ago. I didn't want to make a post about it until they were both live.

It's basically a quick guide to pick your character in his/her variation and be able to have quick access to their moves and kombos. It also has all fatalities and brutalities (including the requirements).

I also added a Kustom Kombo tool, where you can enter your own kombos into it and it will display them in the format as the other moves/kombos. It's new to my apps in general (as I have other guides very similar to this one for other games).

Jason has already been added to both the iOS and Android versions. Both versions are currently up to date with each other as well.

There is no frame data in there yet, but I was waiting for the correct data to be available before adding it to the app then having to fix all the incorrect data that is out there. If you check out my other apps, you can see how I add the frame data to them. I may change up the format though for the MKX guide as to how I display it, and may just do it in-line with the moves, instead of having a separate list. I'd like to get some user feedback on which they prefer for that though before I make up my mind.

I'm asking $.99 for it for both Android and iOS.

Additionally, after talking with @Tim Static we are going to have some sort of give away for copies on both Android and iOS shortly, we just have to iron out how that is going to work exactly.

Here are the links for the 2 versions:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guide-mortal-kombat-x-edition/id987277288
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AndrewStanton.MKXGuide

If you grab it and enjoy it, please leave a good rating for the application! Also if you find bugs, please let me know so I can fix them. I've fixed some bugs already based on people reporting them to me, which is very helpful because there are a lot of items in there and it's hard to get EVERYTHING correct. I've also added features based on feedback, so I'm definitely open to some constructive criticism.

Well I hope some of you can enjoy the application!

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Just downloaded for Android, and it's really awesome. Just a couple things I noticed right off the bat.

1. It's not necessary, but if you could add a ~ symbol to the Kustom Kombo markers to signify cancels, that would be cool.

2. Kung Jin's :d:bp is listed as :d:fp and his Bo Sweep normal which is :qtl:bk is unlisted.

3. Missing Erron Black's 21122 string.

purbeast

Noob
Just downloaded for Android, and it's really awesome. Just a couple things I noticed right off the bat.

1. It's not necessary, but if you could add a ~ symbol to the Kustom Kombo markers to signify cancels, that would be cool.

2. Kung Jin's :d:bp is listed as :d:fp and his Bo Sweep normal which is :qtl:bk is unlisted.

3. Missing Erron Black's 21122 string.
Thanks for the errors, I'll get on that for sure.

I just saw that the Bo Sweep is in there (code wise) however I made a typo in it, so it's not displaying due to not finding icons to display. Doh! That's an easy fix.

Would adding an icon that is "CA" instead of "~" work for you instead? The reason I say that is because the ~ icon might be a little misleading to people who don't know what it stands for, and I am using "BL", "ST", and "TH" to represent block, stance, and throw. "CA" would kind of fit in line with that.

But if ~ is just the overall normal annotation for it, then that is possible as well. In the end it's all just an image either way.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Thanks for the errors, I'll get on that for sure.

I just saw that the Bo Sweep is in there (code wise) however I made a typo in it, so it's not displaying due to not finding icons to display. Doh! That's an easy fix.

Would adding an icon that is "CA" instead of "~" work for you instead? The reason I say that is because the ~ icon might be a little misleading to people who don't know what it stands for, and I am using "BL", "ST", and "TH" to represent block, stance, and throw. "CA" would kind of fit in line with that.

But if ~ is just the overall normal annotation for it, then that is possible as well. In the end it's all just an image either way.
Personally I'm used to the ~ but if the majority want a CA or even xx which also means cancel, that's cool too.

purbeast

Noob
Yeah I've seen xx before in the SF notation.

I guess ~ could work though, because then people can basically use it to mean whatever they want it to lol. I was thinking about adding a JUMP button, but that is the same thing as pressing UP or UF so I opted out of that.

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time
Just downloaded your app and have been playing around with it for a little bit, and it's very nice and well put together! For future updates I would like to see the inclusion of more notations (~, xx, >, ect.) just to give people more options on how they want to input their kustom kombos because I know everybody has their own way of doing so. Is it possible we could get a way to just be able to use the natural keyboard along with the buttons? Or maybe an input mode that doesn't involve buttons at all?

Also, I'm not seeing a way to edit kustom kombos after they've been created; just a way to delete them. Is there something I'm missing or is this just not possible?

Thanks for the app!

purbeast

Noob
Just downloaded your app and have been playing around with it for a little bit, and it's very nice and well put together! For future updates I would like to see the inclusion of more notations (~, xx, >, ect.) just to give people more options on how they want to input their kustom kombos because I know everybody has their own way of doing so. Is it possible we could get a way to just be able to use the natural keyboard along with the buttons? Or maybe an input mode that doesn't involve buttons at all?

Also, I'm not seeing a way to edit kustom kombos after they've been created; just a way to delete them. Is there something I'm missing or is this just not possible?

Thanks for the app!
Yeah I will add more buttons in. I think I will add 2 new buttons in - ~ and xx - just because those are both notations people use, and it really doesn't matter the exact meaning behind it as long as the person entering it knows what it means.

And as of right now, there is no way to edit a Kustom Kombo.

That, along with the 2 new icons, are at the top of my to-do list and you should expect to see the update for that within the next day or two for Android, and then probably a week or so for iOS because the review process just takes longer.

I did have a major bug that only affected a handful of people, that would cause a crash if you updated from v1.0 to v1.4 on iOS only. I have a fix for it already and it's in review right now by Apple so it should be out there today. All the 1.4.1 update for iOS will do is fix the crash for the very few people who downloaded it when only version 1.0 was out, which was only a day, so again, it will only effect a handful of people.

And if you are one of those people who have the v1.0 download and updated to v1.4 and it's crashing, if you delete/reinstall it fixes the problem, however it will lose your kombos and other data in the game. So if you can wait for the 1.4.1 update to be out there, it will fix the issue!

ThaJyesta

Yeah I will add more buttons in. I think I will add 2 new buttons in - ~ and xx - just because those are both notations people use, and it really doesn't matter the exact meaning behind it as long as the person entering it knows what it means.

And as of right now, there is no way to edit a Kustom Kombo.

That, along with the 2 new icons, are at the top of my to-do list and you should expect to see the update for that within the next day or two for Android, and then probably a week or so for iOS because the review process just takes longer.

I did have a major bug that only affected a handful of people, that would cause a crash if you updated from v1.0 to v1.4 on iOS only. I have a fix for it already and it's in review right now by Apple so it should be out there today. All the 1.4.1 update for iOS will do is fix the crash for the very few people who downloaded it when only version 1.0 was out, which was only a day, so again, it will only effect a handful of people.

And if you are one of those people who have the v1.0 download and updated to v1.4 and it's crashing, if you delete/reinstall it fixes the problem, however it will lose your kombos and other data in the game. So if you can wait for the 1.4.1 update to be out there, it will fix the issue!
Sounds good! I look forward to the update (although I'll have to wait a week due to being on iOS :confused:). I just downloaded it yesterday and was a bit thrown by the fact that I couldn't edit my kombos after I made them, but I'm glad that'll be changed in the future. I'm sure the app making process isn't as easy as it looks, so I really appreciate your response and continued support!

purbeast

Noob
Sounds good! I look forward to the update (although I'll have to wait a week due to being on iOS :confused:). I just downloaded it yesterday and was a bit thrown by the fact that I couldn't edit my kombos after I made them, but I'm glad that'll be changed in the future. I'm sure the app making process isn't as easy as it looks, so I really appreciate your response and continued support!
Yeah in iOS they have that standard "swipe to delete" table action, which is what I'm using for that. They don't have a standard "edit" of that same nature. What I'm thinking of doing is just make it so you click the cell and a dialog asking to edit, delete, or cancel comes up, and you select what you want to do in that manner.

On Android right now you have to click the cell to delete it, it doesn't have the swipe action like iOS does.

ThaJyesta

Yeah in iOS they have that standard "swipe to delete" table action, which is what I'm using for that. They don't have a standard "edit" of that same nature. What I'm thinking of doing is just make it so you click the cell and a dialog asking to edit, delete, or cancel comes up, and you select what you want to do in that manner.

On Android right now you have to click the cell to delete it, it doesn't have the swipe action like iOS does.
I hear you. I tend to make mistakes often, or think of new notes right after I finish, so it'll be helpful to have some way to go back without having to delete and recreate every time.

purbeast

Noob
Just submitted the update for iOS that includes the following:

- Can edit combos. It works the same where you slide and you now see an Edit and Delete button. THe delete now actually asks for a confirmation since it's gone for good.
- Added 2 new cancel icons - both the ~ and xx notation, so you can use whichever you like.
- Fixed the errors with Kung Jin and Erron Black mentioned above. Erron Black's move was there but only for Marksman variation, and should have been for all 3 variations (which it is now). The string was the Put 'Em Up kombo.

Hopefully tomorrow I can update the Android app, which will go live pretty much immediately. But with the Wizards and Caps games on tomorrow night, I can't promise any update to be finished tomorrow! But definitely over the next few days.

I've attached 2 images of the way the new icon looks as well as the edit/delete functionality on iOS now in case anyone is wondering how it looks. Don't mind the jibberish entered for the combo, that was just me mashing.

Last edited:

ThaJyesta

Just submitted the update for iOS that includes the following:

- Can edit combos. It works the same where you slide and you now see an Edit and Delete button. THe delete now actually asks for a confirmation since it's gone for good.
- Added 2 new cancel icons - both the ~ and xx notation, so you can use whichever you like.
- Fixed the errors with Kung Jin and Erron Black mentioned above. Erron Black's move was there but only for Marksman variation, and should have been for all 3 variations (which it is now). The string was the Put 'Em Up kombo.

Hopefully tomorrow I can update the Android app, which will go live pretty much immediately. But with the Wizards and Caps games on tomorrow night, I can't promise any update to be finished tomorrow! But definitely over the next few days.

I've attached 2 images of the way the new icon looks as well as the edit/delete functionality on iOS now in case anyone is wondering how it looks. Don't mind the jibberish entered for the combo, that was just me mashing.

Awesome! This'll definitely be helpful! If you're looking for other suggestions on how to improve, It'd also be great to be able to add notes to the set moves that you've already got programmed into the move list. Enhanced and run buttons might be helpful, too (I know you can just use the "BL" button to represent enhanced moves, but it can be confusing).

All just suggestions, though! Sorry to seem like I'm making a lot of request; you can feel free to ignore them. Thanks again! :)

Shifty Capwn

The greatest bad player of all time.
This sounds very helpfull actually, I never paid for a app but I would for this one. Thanks for all your effort put into it.

ThaJyesta

@purbeast something I just noticed, Shinnok's Necromancer variation appears to be missing its unique Special Moves. It has all of the universal Specials but is missing:

- Summoned Fiend (Down, Forward+4)
- Judgement Fist (Down, Back+1)
- Devil's Flick (Back, Forward+2)

and their Meter Burns/Enhanced versions. Just something that I noticed for any future updates.

purbeast

Noob
This sounds very helpfull actually, I never paid for a app but I would for this one. Thanks for all your effort put into it.
Cool thanks, hope you can enjoy it!

@purbeast something I just noticed, Shinnok's Necromancer variation appears to be missing its unique Special Moves. It has all of the universal Specials but is missing:

- Summoned Fiend (Down, Forward+4)
- Judgement Fist (Down, Back+1)
- Devil's Flick (Back, Forward+2)

and their Meter Burns/Enhanced versions. Just something that I noticed for any future updates.
Ah thanks for pointing that out. I see exactly why they aren't showing up. They are in the data sheet, but I missed the name of the Scepter Launch move and it screwed up everything after it in the list. Scepter Launch, Strike, and Quake are also missing from the Bone Smasher variation, which will also be fixed in the next update.

I'll get that fix out for Android with the Edit Kombo update over the next day or so, and for iOS it will have to be when I can submit a new version in the next week or so after the Edit Kombo update goes through the review process.

purbeast

Noob
Looking for some feedback on how you guys would prefer to see frame data...

1. Would you prefer to see them in line with the moves in the lists with the names, button combinations, and notes, and if so.
a. would you just want them there, below the button inputs, or
b. would you want to have to click on the move and it displays a popup with the information

OR

2. Would you prefer it to be all in one big list like this, which is how I've done it in all of my other apps that I've made.

I'm still waiting until the frame data is iron'd out before I actually include it, because adding wrong data and then having to go re-enter correct data after the fact is just a big waste of time. Especially considering how tedious and time consuming it is to add the frame data.

Shifty Capwn

As long as the data did not get to cluttered and hard to look at then I feel it can be all on one big list once the data is ironed out but thats just my opinion. It would work eaither way considering some casual players may not even know what frame data really is and how to use it.

purbeast

Noob
@Shifty Capwn Do you feel the list up above is cluttered or hard to look at?

This is how it looks on the iOS apps.

Obviously that is from an older version of iOS, but you get the gist of how it would look on there.

I personally don't use frame data much myself, and am more of a "feel" guy when playing games as to whether I can punish something or not, so I haven't used that part of my apps very often myself so I'm curious as to people who are more familiar with frame data usages would feel about having it displayed in an application.

Shifty Capwn

No that looks great, I was going to say I know what those letters mean but maybe a legend for those who don't would be helpfull but you already have that, so yeah thats looking very good actually.

ThaJyesta

I personally would like to be able to click on the moves to see the stats. I think it would make it look cleaner. Also, since there are a number of moves that are almost worthless, it would be a bit tedious to have to scroll through them to get to the information that you actually want.
@Shifty Capwn Do you feel the list up above is cluttered or hard to look at?

This is how it looks on the iOS apps.

Obviously that is from an older version of iOS, but you get the gist of how it would look on there.

I personally don't use frame data much myself, and am more of a "feel" guy when playing games as to whether I can punish something or not, so I haven't used that part of my apps very often myself so I'm curious as to people who are more familiar with frame data usages would feel about having it displayed in an application.
I like how it looks here. Enough space between moves so that you don't go cross-eyed trying to find the info you're looking for.

purbeast

Noob
@ThaJyesta hah so you think both are fine? Is there one you would prefer over the other? I can see an argument for both ways, which is why I'm asking what people would prefer. I was planning on doing the 2nd way with that list just because I have already done it that way and people have seemed to like it, but I was also open to seeing if people would rather be able to look on the moves list.

Like I can see if you are using the guide and are playing against another character, and you just want to go look at the frame data and damage in general for that character, the long list would be more helpful. But if you are looking through a move list for someone you use, and are curious about the data for that move, clicking it would be helpful as well.

ThaJyesta

@ThaJyesta hah so you think both are fine? Is there one you would prefer over the other? I can see an argument for both ways, which is why I'm asking what people would prefer. I was planning on doing the 2nd way with that list just because I have already done it that way and people have seemed to like it, but I was also open to seeing if people would rather be able to look on the moves list.

Like I can see if you are using the guide and are playing against another character, and you just want to go look at the frame data and damage in general for that character, the long list would be more helpful. But if you are looking through a move list for someone you use, and are curious about the data for that move, clicking it would be helpful as well.
I think it should be clickable, first and foremost. I feel like if I were playing someone and just wanted to look up stats on a couple of moves/strings, it would be easier for me to just open up those strings and be able to quickly look at their data back and forth instead of having to sift through all of the data and find what I'm looking for each time. Does that make sense?

Second, I was just commenting on the LOOK of the iOS one was better. I do think the one you initially posted (The one with Wonder Woman's info) looked a bit cluttered and it might too easy to mix up information if you're just trying to get some quick data. I like the more spread out look more.

I hope that clears things up. :)