What's new

Guest Fighter Speculation

Since guests are inevitable...

Who I predict: Spawn

Who I'd like: Spawn, Wolverine, Raiden (MGS)

Who could work: Spawn, Wolverine, The Darkness, Witchblade

(both Darkness and Witchblade exist in the same comic universe as Spawn.)

Lest likely: Wolverine (since Disney owns Marvel now).

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Whoever will be the main protagonist/antagonist of another WB's flick in later 2019 / early 2020.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
First a disclaimer:
I've generally been very dismissive when it comes to guest character, mostly because I would rather have more MK characters, and none of the guest characters have appealed to me at all. I am not a fan of horror characters and though I like Kratos and the GoW franchise, he felt incredibly stumped in MK9 and wasn't fun to play as, imo.

Only very recently have there been guest characters in other fighting games that I actually care for and like playing as, those being Noctis in Tekken 7 and Geralt in SoulCalibur 6. But every guest character before them in all other fighting games I have played have just put me off. And with NRS' track record of guest characters, both in MK and Injustice, I will probably not like them.

That said, I have not played any version of SoulCalibur where Link, Spawn and Kratos were in, so I can't comment whether or not I liked those.

So anyways, should I choose a guest character for MK11:
Speaking of Spawn, I like him as a character in the comics, he looks cool and I do think he would be fitting in an MK game. And with the upcoming movie being "horror" themed, and with Todd McFarlane's approval, I could see Spawn as a potential guest character. I also really like Witchblade (Sara Pezzini), but she's not exactly relevant atm, so I don't see her getting into MK11, but I still think it would be cool if she did.

Another character I personally think could fit into MK would be Fury from Darksiders 3. I enjoyed that game (though I am fully aware of its lackings) and I think Fury as a character is really cool. She looks awesome and her weapons and powers are really cool, imo. The Darksiders have that same badass heavy metal feel to them just like Spawn, and for that same reason I think Fury could fit into an MK game as a guest character.

I have some other choices, but none of them are really fitting MK and have no real chance of getting into the game. Just general characters I like who I'd want to see in an MK game. So I'll just keep that to myself unless someone asks. :p

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I'd rather have none. They don't fit at all, but I do accept that they are easy cashgrabs. If they absolutely have to do guest characters I'd rather they got someone who I could headcanon into being from just a different realm/timeline in the MKverse, like He-Man characters

The Night King (GOT final season)
Pennywise (It #2 incoming)
Spawn (fan favorite)
Pinhead (iconic horror movie monster)

I would actually love this list. I don't think Michael Myers would be interesting.

Most of them i could easily fit into head canon. Pinhead and Spawn are already realm travelers. Stephen King plays with the idea of different realms all the time including with It. The Night King is the far out one but considering the amount of hype GOT generates they stand to make a shit ton of money. All of these characters could hold their own against MK characters.

Last edited:

portent

Noob
This should likely be based on upcoming WB games and movies. These are just semi-educated guesses based on the fact that guest characters are almost always used to promote upcoming movies or games from the production company.

Joker (yes, Batman's Joker) since we have a Joker movie coming in 2019, and we have seen multiple MKDC (see what I did there?) crossovers.

Shazam, yep another WB moving for 2019.

Wonder Woman, 2020 Movie

Shaft, another 2019 movie.

Pennywise, It Chapter 2 in 2019

Voldemort, yes, revisiting a rumor from MK9. WB has an upcoming Harry Potter game in 2019 for mobile called Wizards Unite.

Spawn, yet another 2019 movie plus there was speculation about his inclusion in MKX.

Michael Myers, Halloween 2 is set for a 2020 release.

Again, all based on upcoming movies and games.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Spawn has to be guaranteed at this point. I mean people cried for him in MKX, people cried for him in IJ2, hell....didnt people want him in MK9 too!?

I think its finally his time to shine.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Honestly, I feel like Spawn and Pennywise are the two safest bets. IT was one of the biggest horror films in recent memory, and with the sequel's release lining up just 5 months after MK-11's release date, it just makes sense to me.

I'm not too big on Spawn myself, but he looks dope and the people have been requesting him like mad for a long while now.

Two of my personal guest wishes were Pennywise and Jeepers Creepers. Pennywise more so, because I just think that character has a really dope creepy aesthetic to it that would look awesome in MK. That and where can you go wrong with a creepy clown? The voice has to be perfect though. He's gotta be tall, creepy, and menacing. There's just so much possibility and creativity that can come from that character.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I will eat my hat with a side dose of shoe if Pennywise doesn't make it in.
Michael Myers seems like the next step after Freddy/Jason/Leatherface, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hype for him, although his latest movie was actually very successful so that may be a deciding factor.
Spawn... he's like the Fujin of the guest characters. If he doesn't make it to MK11, I'll list him as officially deconfirmed from every other NRS game forever.
Ash Williams would be super badass but I have no idea what his chances are, even more so now that Bruce Campbell has retired from the character.

One character in particular which I was thinking maybe could return is Freddy Krueger, done this time with his one proper bladed glove and fully voiced by Robert Englund, but have no idea if that's even possible at all. Would be cool though.

I will eat my hat with a side dose of shoe if Pennywise doesn't make it in.
Michael Myers seems like the next step after Freddy/Jason/Leatherface, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hype for him, although his latest movie was actually very successful so that may be a deciding factor.
Spawn... he's like the Fujin of the guest characters. If he doesn't make it to MK11, I'll list him as officially deconfirmed from every other NRS game forever.
Ash Williams would be super badass but I have no idea what his chances are, even more so now that Bruce Campbell has retired from the character.

One character in particular which I was thinking maybe could return is Freddy Krueger, done this time with his one proper bladed glove and fully voiced by Robert Englund, but have no idea if that's even possible at all. Would be cool though.
Did WB make IT?

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Pennywise is probably guaranteed. IT: Chapter 2 is releasing in 2019 and is a WB property, so cross branding is guaranteed. Spawn is possible but the problem is that he hasn't really been relevant since 1998.