What's new

Guaranteed Unblockable Resets

Ok so after finding a new easier and more optimal guaranteed reset I am updating OP to show the most practical stuff first.
First video shows the reset's concept. I recorded the AI to do it so that I can show that it is fullproof. After the actual combo I try 2 times to backdash before the blockstring into unblockable (which is impossible so i get hit), and then I try to pushblock the first possible frame (which gets me frozen anyway), and then I try to pushblock very late (the moment the unblockable happens) but I can't because Mr Freeze is too far away at that point (so i get hit)

Here is the optimized version of the new reset. It does 735.85 Damage in total on Superman (you get the first combo which does 304.78 + 2 ticks of DoT which do 11 damage each and happen while opponent can block in the dome and therefore aren't counted as parts of any combo + 5.6 chip damage from s3 on block + 20.62 chip damage from the cold blast on block + 16.50 chip damage from the MB part of the cold blast + 366.35 damage from the second combo)

And here is the damage you can get if you get pushblocked, but opponent gets frozen. You get 666.14 damage in this situation but the opponent loses a bar of meter. So they can decide to keep like 70 more health or a bar of meter)) This should be called the reset number 666 cause it does that much damage )))

so yeah, the corner is tricky. This is the 2 bar version that works on everyone. I am doing it on Darkseid because he is a big body character who gets frozen for less frames in the corner (notice how he freezes immediately). And of course the damage numbers aren't as important cause it is Darkseid)

This is a 1 bar version that works on everyone but the big body characters. Notice how unlike Darkseid Superman stumbles a little before getting frozen when being hit with the Big Freeze. This gives you extra frames. You get at least 358.17+5.6+11+11+20.62+335.91 = 742.30 of damage on Superman. And I am saying at least because depending on the corner the frost feild sometimes does more DoT.

And here is trying to get out of the corner one. First two tries I am mashing backdash right after the first combo is over. Then I am pushblocking the initial s3 on block, and then I am trying to pushblock the cold blast but it doesn't work.

UPDATE: Another big adition to the thread. This is a an inescapable unblockable corner reset combo, which does about 870 damage. The only thing the opponent can do is sacrefice a bar of meter on the block escape, that way you only do about 700 and take their bar. This can't be block escaped the moment the unblockable freeze happens because if timed right, the blockstun of the b232 goes right into the unblockable freeze. The block escape doesn't come out as I demonstrate at the end of the video where the full combo is shown

Pay attention to MR Freeze's meter. He spends 2 bars but gets 1 and a little more. Even though it requires 2 bars, this is basically a 1 bar combo)))

Add a bar on the MB F3 in the end and you get a 2 bar 923.21 Damage Corner Combo with level 3. Again, you actually spend 3 bars, but look at my meter! (or my knee)) I start with 2 bars. and end up having some)

This is what happens if opponents get hit after being reset (they might try to backdash or simply let go of block to mess up your reset or to not give you any extra meter). You actually end up having an extra bar of meter and doing more damage at the same time - 978.66 total damage

And this is what happens if they block escape while it is possible to do. The loose a bar of meter and 756.04 of their life anyway, and all it takes from you is a tiny bit more than a bar of meter and level 3 trait

And here are the old resets off the tricky Ex Deathcycle restand
Midscreen:
363.74+11.0+330.58 = 705.32 damage for 2 bars and level 2 trait

Corner:
419.92+11.0+344.77 = 775.69 damage for 3 bars and level 2 trait

EDIT: Some extra sauce for you. If we have 3 bars and a level 2 trait, we are officially in Cyrax level of brokenness. Almost Any touch can be converted into this guaranteed unblockable reset)
I am not doing the most optimal combos here just showing a concept that conversions are possible:

Of b232xxBig Freeze

Of anti air D2

@Patient-Impulse @Hiyomoto @snort @Marinjuana @IrishMantis @Cursa @dribirut @Ninequads93 @STB Shujinkydink @Eldriken @all other Cold/Freeze lovers
I will just tag @The_Tile for the good old Quan times

Last edited:

Hiyomoto

Noob
Just wanted to put these into a separate thread. The resets are 100% guaranteed, the dummy is on auto block with the block escape On

Midscreen:
363.74+11.0+330.58 = 705.32 damage for 2 bars and level 2 trait

Corner:
419.92+11.0+344.77 = 775.69 damage for 3 bars and level 2 trait

@Patient-Impulse @Hiyomoto @snort @Marinjuana @IrishMantis @Cursa @dribirut @Ninequads93 @STB Shujinkydink @Eldriken @all other Cold/Freeze lovers
I will just tag @The_Tile for the good old Quan times
I’m completely disgusted

Ok, guys, I have got some extra sauce for you. If we have 3 bars and a level 2 trait, we are officially in Cyrax level of brokenness. Almost Any touch can be converted into this guaranteed unblockable reset)
I am not doing the most optimal combos here just showing a concept that conversions are possible:

Of b232xxBig Freeze

Of anti air D2

I will add these to the OP

As the Ex Deathcycle restand seems a bit tough to time in the heat of the battle I came up with a new guaranteed unblockable reset which is waaay easier to do. First video shows the reset's concept. I recorded the AI to do it so that I can show that it is fullproof. After the actual combo I try 2 times to backdash before the blockstring into unblockable (which is impossible so i get hit), and then I try to pushblock the first possible frame (which gets me frozen anyway), and then I try to pushblock very late (the moment the unblockable happens) but I can't because Mr Freeze is too far away at that point (so i get hit)

Here is the optimized version of the new reset. It does 735.85 Damage in total on Superman (you get the first combo which does 304.78 + 2 ticks of DoT which do 11 damage each and happen while opponent can block in the dome and therefore aren't counted as parts of any combo + 5.6 chip damage from s3 on block + 20.62 chip damage from the cold blast on block + 16.50 chip damage from the MB part of the cold blast + 366.35 damage from the second combo)

And here is the damage you can get if you get pushblocked, but opponent gets frozen. You get 666.14 damage in this situation but the opponent loses a bar of meter. So they can decide to keep like 70 more health or a bar of meter)) This should be called the reset number 666 cause it does that much damage )))

the corner version of the new reset is also easy to pull of and only requires 1 bar on everyone except big bodies. You have to spent 2 bars on big boys in order to guarantee the reset. I will record it later, because right now psn is on maintenance)

so yeah, the corner is tricky. This is the 2 bar version that works on everyone. I am doing it on Darkseid because he is a big body character who gets frozen for less frames in the corner (notice how he freezes immediately). And of course the damage numbers aren't as important cause it is Darkseid)

This is a 1 bar version that works on everyone but the big body characters. Notice how unlike Darkseid Superman stumbles a little before getting frozen when being hit with the Big Freeze. This gives you extra frames. You get at least 358.17+5.6+11+11+20.62+335.91 = 742.30 of damage on Superman. And I am saying at least because depending on the corner the frost feild sometimes does more DoT.

And here is trying to get out of the corner one. First two tries I am mashing backdash right after the first combo is over. Then I am pushblocking the initial s3 on block, and then I am trying to pushblock the cold blast but it doesn't work.

Another big adition to the thread. This is a an inescapable unblockable corner reset combo, which does about 870 damage. The only thing the opponent can do is sacrefice a bar of meter on the block escape, that way you only do about 700 and take their bar. This can't be block escaped the moment the unblockable freeze happens because if timed right, the blockstun of the b232 goes right into the unblockable freeze. The block escape doesn't come out as I demonstrate at the end of the video where the full combo is shown

Pay attention to MR Freeze's meter. He spends 2 bars but gets 1 and a little more. Even though it requires 2 bars, this is basically a 1 bar combo)))

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Another big adition to the thread. This is a an inescapable unblockable corner reset combo, which does about 870 damage. The only thing the opponent can do is sacrefice a bar of meter on the block escape, that way you only do about 700 and take their bar. This can't be block escaped the moment the unblockable freeze happens because if timed right, the blockstun of the b232 goes right into the unblockable freeze. The block escape doesn't come out as I demonstrate at the end of the video where the full combo is shown

Add a bar on the MB F3 in the end and you get a 2 bar 923.21 Damage Corner Combo with level 3. Again, you actually spend 3 bars, but look at my meter! (or my knee)) I start with 2 bars. and end up having some)