What's new

GTG Semiij Wins Kombat Cup - Season One Finale this Sunday! Winner gets EVO Trip

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
GTG Semiij wins week 12 of the Kombat Cup! This makes four weeks out of 12 that Semiij won! See the bracket below in how it all played out.

Additionally, with tonight, the Kombat Cup's week 12 has come to a close. However, we're not done yet! This Sunday will be the Season One finale where the winner will receive a $2,000 in value, EVO trip. The bracket looks sick and with how hungry these players have gotten... you won't want to miss this. Check it out:

kc12.png

kc12top8.png

kcsf.png

6PM EST Sunday via https://www.stream.me/kombatcup
1st: EVO Trip ($2K value)
2nd: $1K
3rd: $400
4th: $200
Everyone gets a copy of INJUSTICE 2

i wonder if this game is just too fast for human beings. some games were enjoyable (Dragon vs tweedy!) but grand finals were just a scrub fest.

omooba

fear the moobs
my favorite thing about this was when semij reacted to fox running in with mileena's f1 like god damn boi put down the adderall sheesh. who the fuck sees you running in and says "you know what imma do FUCKING F1" good shit man
i wonder if this game is just too fast for human beings. some games were enjoyable (Dragon vs tweedy!) but grand finals were just a scrub fest.
waaaa?

yeah i mean they drop and whiff and random like shit... this is not what the top level play of a 2 year old game should look like - and im wondering if solely the players are to blame.... maybe the game is too fast , maybe learning 100 matchups is too much, maybe some mechanics are just too random... then again two Training Partners like Dragon and tweedy showed the most educated and precise match of the night imo, so it is possible

yeah i mean they drop and whiff and random like shit... this is not what the top level play of a 2 year old game should look like - and im wondering if solely the players are to blame.... maybe the game is too fast , maybe learning 100 matchups is too much, maybe some mechanics are just too random... then again two Training Partners like Dragon and tweedy showed the most educated and precise match of the night imo, so it is possible
After a certain level of skill you can not just win with fundamentals. You have to play unpredictably and use mind games. Look at that match on outworld marketplace. Semiij uses ex fade away to bait a reaction from sonicfox. Sonicfox has to predict what that move is before his eyes can process it, he thinks its a chip-out with telekick so he does wakeup flipkick. Semiij then closes it out with a sai throw.

Dragon has super solid fundamentals, but there's a reason he never beats sonicfox.

After a certain level of skill you can not just win with fundamentals. You have to play unpredictably and use mind games. Look at that match on outworld marketplace. Semiij uses ex fade away to bait a reaction from sonicfox. Sonicfox has to predict what that move is before his eyes can process it, he thinks its a chip-out with telekick so he does wakeup flipkick. Semiij then closes it out with a sai throw.

Dragon has super solid fundamentals, but there's a reason he never beats sonicfox.
thats exactly what i mean by "the game might be too fast for humans". 10 Options, zero time. so just throw one out.

Tweedy

Noob
It's hard to play slow against Sonic. I think that's my biggest issue. Other players let me run up and set the table with throws and D4s and all that jazz. Sonic is like nah wake up flipkick bitch.

omooba

fear the moobs
It's hard to play slow against Sonic. I think that's my biggest issue. Other players let me run up and set the table with throws and D4s and all that jazz. Sonic is like nah wake up flipkick bitch.
the man does poke into poke into poke into flipkick and it hits ...WHAT IS THIS?!

Tweedy

Noob
the man does poke into poke into poke into flipkick and it hits ...WHAT IS THIS?!
Cassie's D3 goes under Kenshi's D1 so unless I walk back, or block enough for her to be pushed back out of range, I can't do anything.

He probably figured on that 3rd one i'd try to do something, so he flip kicked lol.

omooba

fear the moobs
Cassie's D3 goes under Kenshi's D1 so unless I walk back, or block enough for her to be pushed back out of range, I can't do anything.

He probably figured on that 3rd one i'd try to do something, so he flip kicked lol.
against stuff like that i usually reversal push