What's new

Tech Grundy will have nightmares

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Black Adam's B2 lowers his hitbox.

When Grundy is waking up, Black Adam can do B2 - Trait cancel to any move, haven't tested if B2 also works, the point is, you catch, de-armour and full combo punish a walking corpse wakeup and possibly the whole move in general unless it's nearly over. The most important thing to remember is that B2 is a meaty, it will stuff a large amount of the games wakeups.

Thought it deserved its own thread because it could be used in other matchups too, trait orbs count as attacks and will almost instantly break armour.

Cool this is kind of related to what we were discussing in the matchup thread. Good stuff on using b2 to lower the hurtbox though I didn't think about that.

Qwark28 said:
The most important thing to remember is that B2 is a meaty, it will stuff a large amount of the games wakeups.
From my testings in practice mode, b2 has to hit non-meaty though. At least vs Grundy's Walking Corpse..

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cool this is kind of related to what we were discussing in the matchup thread. Good stuff on using b2 to lower the hurtbox though I didn't think about that.

From my testings in practice mode, b2 has to hit non-meaty though. At least vs Grundy's Walking Corpse..
B2 can hit anytime

why is everyone blind to the fact my name has W in it

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

ok back on topic, yes this is good tech vs grundy. Plenty of Black Adams have done this to me (on purpose or not I'm not sure in all cases lol) and it completely wrecks walking corpse. I feel helpless whenever BA has trait active ;_;
theres nothing he can do vs walking corpse with trait on already, he has to activate it as he does b2 so he can quickly continue to a combo

B2 while traits activated will only get adam killed because the 2 orbs always hit with the B2 thus causing the B2 itself to be absorbed as the last armoured hit of WB and since the third orb doesn't provide blockstun grundy can do a chain throw.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
you are now aware that shaowebb 's name does not have a D in it.
s h a o w e b b
not
s h a D o w e b b

I don't want to admit how long it took me to realize this when trying (with much futility) to tag him in posts ;_;
shaowebb does not want the D in it
ROFL.
Yeah I did Shaolin Do Kung Fu for awhile and the "Shao" comes from that. Back in Marvel I used to tell everyone that Shadowebb was my ultimate form, but it required 5 bars and dark resurrection to activate it.

I really gotta come up with an NRS variant on my ultimate form someday...

Back on Topic Black Adam is quickly turning into a persistent nuisance for several characters on the boards. I'd suggest popping over to the Black Adam boards and telling them this one as well. Its pretty good info that he can stuff wakeups with this so often.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Nice tech.

@Daaaaamn...when I thought being able to intercept some divekicks with d2 was enough to hope, the match up becomes worse and worse lol.
But who knows, maybe next time I'll manage to win 1 game Qwark28

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well the thing is a true "meaty" will just whiff through the invincible frames and not take 1 point of armor. That's what I mean..

As shown here:

fuck it, i misunderstood your post

yeah i didnt have any problems timing the B2 and it was online, im sure its easy to do

Maybe the term has a different meaning in MK, I dunno. Coming from SF we usually use the term meaty to talk about moves that hit on the last active frames and as early as possible to gain the most frame advantage.

But whatever lol.

Yes, it's very easy to do. I just wanted to point out that b2 has to be slightly delayed. Early b2 just whiffs since wake up Walking Corpse has some invincible frames.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Maybe the term has a different meaning in MK, I dunno. Coming from SF we usually use the term meaty to talk about moves that hit on the last active frames and as early as possible to gain the most frame advantage.

But whatever lol.

Yes, it's very easy to do. I just wanted to point out that b2 has to be slightly delayed. Early b2 just whiffs since wake up Walking Corpse has some invincible frames.
exactly what i meant

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The second hit of B23 is considered airborne and unthrowable by grounded command throws. Timing on it isn't too hard, but you can get grabbed as the startup of the 3 comes out, and also in recovery. Tested on walking corpse!