What's new

Match-up Discussion Grundy Vs Superman Mu!

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
On the ground Superman has many options, full screen he's either gonna laser the ground or do that standard projectile game. React accordingly, yes, you do have time to see which laser it is. You can also EX swamp hands if he starts getting predictable with it, but watch out for his meter, cause that thing hurts, 95% sure you can dash after both blocked, so whatever. Mid range he's going to super man punch, f+2,1, and all that shit. Keep on your toes and out poke his ass. f+1 and 2 are your best friends in a poking war.

In the air, he can dive kick, or air laser, if he air lasers, you can jump forward, or dash once before it gets to you. After you block it, you can dash one more time. If he does air laser mid range, you can dash and d+2 him. If he dive kicks, pretty sure you can punish with 2.

if you're getting closer to him, keep him out the air, that's the thing that gives Grundy the most trouble, out poke him and keep that life lead point blank, I've lost several times trying to run away with a life lead and not being able to react to the proper laser.

lindonty

Emperor Warchild
ok my analysis on this mu. it feels like a 3 - 7 for grundy. Super man can actually knock grundy out of walking corpse for a full combo. and that poke thing ur talking about f2 is not a good poke or 2. Using d1 or d2 is way better. If you dont believe me go into practice mode and record super man doing f2 3 over and over and try to interrupt it and u will see. Ive played against this ma a lot and its hard. And super man with his ablity power will be happy to shoot ur walking corpse coming in.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
ok my analysis on this mu. it feels like a 3 - 7 for grundy. Super man can actually knock grundy out of walking corpse for a full combo. and that poke thing ur talking about f2 is not a good poke or 2. Using d1 or d2 is way better. If you dont believe me go into practice mode and record super man doing f2 3 over and over and try to interrupt it and u will see. Ive played against this ma a lot and its hard. And super man with his ablity power will be happy to shoot ur walking corpse coming in.
Why would you do 2 after he does f+2,3? It's -2 on block, of course that wouldn't be a good poke in that situation. and I meant f+1 instead of f+2. It isn't that hard at all, patience is key and knowing distance of his moves. It isn't that bad at all, 5.5-4.5 at most.

lindonty

Emperor Warchild
Ive spent days in the lab. Literally coming up with tech for grundy ect. Its just this mu gives me hell.

I've been working on Anti-Superman/Ares/KillerFrost Tech with Grundy. I don't have the capability to put vids online yet, but I will make a thread soon for these MU's.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Guys anything where someone has a good air game grundy is going to have a problem. You're going to have to learn how to patiently move in to your opponent and make good reads. You want to have your opponent in the corner, in which you can do a devastating pressure game mixing up between throws, MB chain grabs, EX cleaver launcher, and EX swamp hands.

Don't forget that your air throw can possibly be your best friend when it comes to keeping someone in the corner.