What's new

Match Footage Grundy Footage

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
We didn't see normals because all of his normals are throws. He can do nothing but throw and that's awesome. But really, I think they just wanted to show off the coolest parts.

I think that thing before the ground pound was just him ducking, at least that is what it looks like to me. Simple ducking stance. Yes we're not supposed to make speculation topics, but they're too fun >_>

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Looks good, his ground pound looks like Sheeva's and you know how I feel about Sheeva <3.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
i wanna see what the dominicans have to say about the game when they come back from e3 i wanna know how it is Where are them fuckers

PND i2 Gaug3

the more i see of his grabs the more i like them.

things that concern me

I hope nrs makes the grabs unblockable and fast start up like less than 4 frames if not there will be nothing to fear from him getting close and characters can just mash buttons and knock him out of start up.

SSF4
Gief 2 frame startup 4 for ex
T Hawk same as above

KOF
1 frame comand grabs

SC
Astaroth
17 frame throws

Ps all the above examples that i have listed are unblockable and untechable (except SC because you can tech out of throws)

notice something here 3d games have much slower startups for throws

anything less than 4 frames is good and will ensure people wont want grundy to get in

Hope he gets a mixup off his throw, that is gonna be sooo evil

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!

These are the most Grundy footage I could find. From what it looks like is he also has a ranged attack with the skeleton hands that come out of the ground and do a knock-down so he can get in rang for his attacks/throws. He also has a Stomp/Earth Quake move to knock them down at range as well.

With his "Chain Throw" meter ability and a ranged attack for support he should be VERY on par with the rest of the cast...I'm SUPER (pun pun) excited to main him!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Dude, if he can only do throws and is slow as fuck, he is going to have mad problems in certain matches. Of course he will have matches that he will smash people in, such as rushdown specific characters.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Its his startup that worries me. I wanted to play him at the launch trailer, but the more I watched the more I felt it would be unrewarding. The guy is animated so well and looks so cool and chain grapples are a blast, but only if you can do any of them. He telegraphs on his moves forever and even his swamp hands move and seismic stomp look scoutable or at least predictable given their his only tool and both hit low. Most will jump back and shoot if they can on him and folks with fast startup on ground projectiles can stuff him. Batman and Green Arrow will likely decimate him and I don't see how he can get in on Superman's eye laser or Cyborg's stuff at all.

If he has armored ex moves it'd change a lot. That or if he could either knock people toward himself off of hit confirms from his distance moves or knock away projectiles somehow.

As is his startup just makes it pretty clear he's gonna be in for a rough ride, but we do know the last build didn't have him finished. Still hoping to hear more detailed info from comic-con's build of him to find out if he had any new perks to assist him. Hoping he becomes more of a threat because he's a really cool idea. As is my Green Arrow will destroy him with dash back arrow and jump back arrow. I'm not even certain Grundy has enough mobility to avoid GA's unblockable projectile hyper. Once he shoots the ground you have to get out of range of the explosion before it goes off to avoid it and Grundy is a big hitbox that is really slow...

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Dude, if he can only do throws and is slow as fuck, he is going to have mad problems in certain matches. Of course he will have matches that he will smash people in, such as rushdown specific characters.
He dosn't seem that slow, its only because the people doing the demos are toning it down and not showing high level play it seems. Also Grundy seems to have ALOT of health and able to take a beating wich should help alot too.
Its his startup that worries me. I wanted to play him at the launch trailer, but the more I watched the more I felt it would be unrewarding. The guy is animated so well and looks so cool and chain grapples are a blast, but only if you can do any of them. He telegraphs on his moves forever and even his swamp hands move and seismic stomp look scoutable or at least predictable given their his only tool and both hit low. Most will jump back and shoot if they can on him and folks with fast startup on ground projectiles can stuff him. Batman and Green Arrow will likely decimate him and I don't see how he can get in on Superman's eye laser or Cyborg's stuff at all.

If he has armored ex moves it'd change a lot. That or if he could either knock people toward himself off of hit confirms from his distance moves or knock away projectiles somehow.

Found another Grundy Footage video...
As is his startup just makes it pretty clear he's gonna be in for a rough ride, but we do know the last build didn't have him finished. Still hoping to hear more detailed info from comic-con's build of him to find out if he had any new perks to assist him. Hoping he becomes more of a threat because he's a really cool idea. As is my Green Arrow will destroy him with dash back arrow and jump back arrow. I'm not even certain Grundy has enough mobility to avoid GA's unblockable projectile hyper. Once he shoots the ground you have to get out of range of the explosion before it goes off to avoid it and Grundy is a big hitbox that is really slow...
I think his EX moves will have armor (it's almost a given), and his chain ability will allow multiple throws with high damage. Not sure about avoiding ranged attacks that may be a problem but he has his owne Earth Quake Stomp and Swamp Hands for ranged to counter and knock down, that would alow him to get in on people after the knock down (I hope). We'll have to see what he's like as the game progresses in development.

GhosT

Noob
As much as im hyped for a new FG. Im even more hyped for this game to come out, just so we can all start hearing about NRS "next" project

(crosses fingers for MK10)

PND i2 Gaug3

all the new footage has been making me feel weird

yes he can combo into his chain grabs but it looks like there is no hard knockdown's meaning no advantage off completed throws to setup new mix-ups

is the stylish zombie going to be a hit and run chara hmmm

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy