What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

Dayvon

Noob
I'll use him as a secondary. What makes him bad? No footies ? No damage ? No great zoning ? From what I can tell he doesn't do anything good or bad.

Im still grinding out joker and came across some other jokers who were doing some new combos and teeth setups. Does the community have a discord? Haven't seen much on these teeth combos midscreen

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Man I haven’t played this game in months but it seems like the same old story with joker.
No one plays him at tournaments but people say he’s good cus they don’t know why they losing to him

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
https://discord.gg/P899GQ
Its pretty quiet in here though
This is true...community is still trying to help eachother but its quite...no one really plays him that much

Man I haven’t played this game in months but it seems like the same old story with joker.
No one plays him at tournaments but people say he’s good cus they don’t know why they losing to him
Yes mostly ppl who dont know the match up or havnt been playing long continue to say this...but we all know its not true...plus that sonic fox tweet from last yes....brings tears to my eye bro lol

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
This is true...community is still trying to help eachother but its quite...no one really plays him that much

Yes mostly ppl who dont know the match up or havnt been playing long continue to say this...but we all know its not true...plus that sonic fox tweet from last yes....brings tears to my eye bro lol
The tweet that says he went from bottom 2 to bottom 5? Lmao I rofl at that.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

That's the ignorance on the community though. We joker players always keep it 100.

Wulf01

Was a Top 5 Cyborg Player.
Hey Guys I’m kind of thinking about playing Joker on the side, I played the first injustice and played a lot but injustice 2 I haven’t really been playing. My psn was xKHAOTIC_WULFx and I mained Cybrog and I’m just not a fan of his in Injustice 2. I’m trying to get back into it because I really wanna go to Evo this year ! It doesn’t really take me too long to pick a game up especially injustice 2 just gotta get use to it but what I really wanna know is HOW TO PLAY JOKER’S NEUTRAL. I remember playing Vengeance135 a lot in the first injustice I mean as soon as he got the knockdown it was ggs but in this game where there is delayed wake ups and what not I’m sure has to be more to his neutral. Can some please take the time to explain Jokers neutral to me and where he excels at and where he’s not so great at please ?

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
Hey Guys I’m kind of thinking about playing Joker on the side, I played the first injustice and played a lot but injustice 2 I haven’t really been playing. My psn was xKHAOTIC_WULFx and I mained Cybrog and I’m just not a fan of his in Injustice 2. I’m trying to get back into it because I really wanna go to Evo this year ! It doesn’t really take me too long to pick a game up especially injustice 2 just gotta get use to it but what I really wanna know is HOW TO PLAY JOKER’S NEUTRAL. I remember playing Vengeance135 a lot in the first injustice I mean as soon as he got the knockdown it was ggs but in this game where there is delayed wake ups and what not I’m sure has to be more to his neutral. Can some please take the time to explain Jokers neutral to me and where he excels at and where he’s not so great at please ?
Firstly, I wouldn't recommend learning Joker, he struggles in a lot of matchups and has a few 7 - 3s so you'll need a secondary at evo. If you run into a good Doctor Fate and you have no pocket character you might as well give up aha.

He's not so great... at playing injustice 2's neutral. He has no advancing buttons and no real range at all. In the neutral you're generally gonna be dancing around and dash cancelling gunshot to make it a constant read of when you're gonna actually pull the trigger and fire, this puts them on edge and scared to move.

Up close to start your pressure you're gonna have to use jump ins, A LOT. The only way he can really land any of his T-Rex arms is to dash up or jump in, his J2 is pretty good though, it's fairly ambiguous and jails into a lot of nice pressure buttons.

If you need any help I would recommend watching Heey_Ge0rge, Sonic Fox or Emperor Dark (No one really plays this trash character :/)

Rosie

Noob
I feel like this new trait would be better if lvl 2 became lvl 1, lvl 3 became lvl 2, and lvl 3 became a slight health restoration buff

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I've been messing with Joker more lately, but I don't have a firm grasp on how he plays neutral/footsies. Particularly vs characters with good sweep range buttons.

How should I approach neutral with him?

I've been messing with Joker more lately, but I don't have a firm grasp on how he plays neutral/footsies. Particularly vs characters with good sweep range buttons.

How should I approach neutral with him?
I’m a joker/sg main so I’ll try to help. First, jokers d3 is mandatory within sweep distance. No ifs, ands, or but about it. A lot of players expect jump ins from joker because that’s how he starts his pressure. Throwing in a sweep every now and then will help you mix it up a bit. When in sweep distance against characters with good buttons and/or neutral, throw out close or far teeth followed by either a d2 bf3, b1 fake teeth/bf3(it will just be animation without teeth since you already have teeth out, really gimmicky), or a gun cancel to keep them guessing. That’s really the name of the game. You have to force hard reads out of your opponent.

212 mb low canister is a true block string as well. Also do 212 gun cancel into d1. If it’s on block it’s -3, so you’re safe. If it hits you are plus 15. So you Can go for one of his harder hitting combos such as the one that starts out with 3,2. If they block that you can go for another teeth setup or cancel the 3.2 into f3 if you have 2 bars for plus frames. If you are really feeling confident drop a mb low canister followed by a b1 teeth/or bf3. Joker has a plethora of options when it comes to mix. Just have to find ways to implement the nastiness. It’s possible to get good with him just takes a shit ton of dedication.

Last edited: