What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

laudanum09

Darling
He feels same-y but better.

I don't remember shit from IJGAU but I don't remember Joker having legit meaty teeth setups in the corner let alone meaties anywhere on the screen at all but I could be wrong...I probably have whatever the opposite of rose colored glasses going on. oh yeah he had those 'OTGs' but it's not like he could teeth before, AFAIK.

Day 1, five minute shit that was probably in IJGAU:

213 in the corner leads to meaty teeth setups. 213 > teeth > pretty much all of his strings hitting meaty. Considering he has so many overhead ender strings with different timings you'll have to block low to high or high to low depending on the string he uses on you.

Also 113 is an overhead ender string that is special cancelable. I don't remember Joker having that in the first game. Although 3 pops up and away mid screen, in the corner you can mix it up with low canister or crowbar cancel. Use 113 as a meaty after 213 > teeth and you can seriously make some scary ass situations.

Also a lot of normals and strings can be cancelled into trait in case you didn't know. So like in the corner you can do jump 2, 3, 2, low gas meter burn, crouch 2 cancelled into teeth, crouch 2 cancelled into trait, 213 hard knockdown or a combo into crowbar or gun or whatever. I'm sure people will come up with 2 or even 3 HA gaining combos that are completely safe and maybe even mixups specific to the HAs afterwards. Like I after his hard knockdown strings you can dash up and have a lot more meaty setups other than just b1, 3 mid screen with 3 HAs. I'm wondering if there's any potential for 3 HA unblock able meaty crowbar setups involving backdash.

Also seems like all the hard knockdown strings can't be cancelled into trait.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He feels absolutely filthy.

Just like I hoped he'd be.

His reworked crowbar rush might be my favorite addition.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Joker has a major issue
21 and 11 have gaps
If you commit to the whole string in 21 or 11, you get punished by reversal back dash

Actually fucked. Dont remember that gap being there in Igau 1.

Also welcome back @laudanum09 been a long time haha

Also all that stuff you mentioned was in igau 1 yeah haha. Minus the d2 trait combos and stuff.

Edit: f232 has a gap too, rip.

You can chase bd obviously with rlg, but you need to play this bd mind game with 3 of your core strings...
Maybe you can do s1 stagger forward dash to chase. But again its this extra level that seems unnecssary.

Same with his d1 mb gun combos, you need to delay the gunshot slightly to link otherwise it whiffs. Extra difficulty that adds so little to his game.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Joker has a major issue
21 and 11 have gaps
If you commit to the whole string in 21 or 11, you get punished by reversal back dash

Actually fucked. Dont remember that gap being there in Igau 1.

Also welcome back @laudanum09 been a long time haha

Also all that stuff you mentioned was in igau 1 yeah haha. Minus the d2 trait combos and stuff.

Edit: f232 has a gap too, rip.

You can chase bd obviously with rlg, but you need to play this bd mind game with 3 of your core strings...
Maybe you can do s1 stagger forward dash to chase. But again its this extra level that seems unnecssary.

Same with his d1 mb gun combos, you need to delay the gunshot slightly to link otherwise it whiffs. Extra difficulty that adds so little to his game.
Ya... Hopefully we get patches soon. Doesn't feel like Joker got all that much play testing compared to the other characters. I felt the same in game 1 too lol.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Man im getting a lot of special move stuff that isnt coming out that normally came out on the original injustice...something feels odd about some of the imputs...idk if im the only one though

BanTheTesters

Also some of his stuff from original Inj1 are dropping b3 jump 2 into 323 i used to do no longer works it drops the last part of that string.....weird

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Not gonna lie guys, I really miss having a decent wakeup move. Joybuzzer doesn't get the job done. They should give the crowbar some wake up invincibility.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Characters can just walk out of teeth. It seems again joker suffers from system mechanics as well as sucking. Pushblock into teeth is back tho

BanTheTesters

Characters can just walk out of teeth. It seems again joker suffers from system mechanics as well as sucking.
After playing these past couple of days I thought I was the only who legit noticed this...it's a real bummer to get that knockdown throw Teeth and have a cat just moonwalk out of the set up...

Wigy

There it is...
Does joker legitimately have to just hold a jump in if they're plus enough after a knockdown?

What the fucccck

Just played a cheetah every knockdown was a jump in into 297272 mixups.
dead if you get cornered

Block god had better options. Lordy lord

Last edited:

Notez4

Noob
Does joker legitimately have to just hold a jump in if they're plus enough after a knockdown?

What the fucccck

Just played a cheetah every knockdown was a jump in into 297272 mixups.
dead if you get cornered

Block god had better options. Lordy lord
I fought a cheetah recently. Hard knockdowns into jump ins all day. I started to win more once I started to push block the jump ins. An option to keep in mind.