What's new

Grudge Match Pt. 2 Incoming? Perfect Legend & SonicFox enter Twitter war

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I don't think sonic would be as dominant as he is if he didn't use broken characters but perfect legend isn't guy who I think would win against sonicfox in matchup that is 5-5.

The players who I think can win against sonic in a matchup that is 5-5 are Foxygrampa, Madzin, Scar, tekken master, biohazard, dragon and few others.

Perfect legend is has been at this point.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
PL needs to stop this ego thing he does where he convinces himself folks aren't legit if they play anything but conventional tactics every match. Sonicfox can play anyone with about any character because he trains his opponents into behaving how he needs per set. Very rarely does he run into unshakeable play from folks and even then he can still play super solid conventional tactics and deal with things on the fly without being inside people's heads every match training them to expect his oddball stuff. In other words he's capable of playing either the matchups or the opponent or both at any moment and he adapts on the fly incredibly fast. He's legit great at fighting games and PL needs to stop convincing himself that Sonicfox is overrated and mouthing off about him.

At this rate PL is gonna embarass himself again in public. He'll go in like last time, predict a very specific type of play because of the matchup and get Sonicfoxed unexpectedly by the sorta reads and conditioned patterns he'll let himself fall into in their set again.
That's actually besides the point because if there's a player who doesn't play fundamentals ("the conventional" as you put it) is PL himself.

Matix218

Get over here!
I don't think sonic would be as dominant as he is if he didn't use broken characters but perfect legend isn't guy who I think would win against sonicfox in matchup that is 5-5.

The players who I think can win against sonic in a matchup that is 5-5 are Foxygrampa, Madzin, Scar, tekken master, biohazard, dragon and few others.

Perfect legend is has been at this point.
People throw the word "broken" around way too much. Sonic generally plays top tier, as do most successful players. None of his character choices were illegal for use in tournament and anyone has access to those same chatacters. Carl's success has always been with top tier as well. Example, Carl loves Scorpion but you didn't see him pulling out Scorp at Evo 2011 because you gotta play top tier if you want a chance to win a tournament of that size. If there are 20-30 top players of similar skill, the ones who play top tier will usually be the ones with more success plain and simple. Picking top tier does not in any way take away from Sonic's accomplishments. The dude literally gets 1st place in almost every single tournament both online and offline. That is straight domination. I like Carl and have fun rooting for him because he is entertaining but lets be real, there is no character available to choose in Mkx that would allow Carl to beat Sonic in a set.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
You know I hope this doesn't become a trend in the NRS scene. Pros that have aged past their prime trashing a game and a community because they can't cope with the idea of them being anything less than the best of their domain is real toxic. Won't name names but we all know who else fits this billing in the NRS scene.

Take a page from Pig or Valle. Bow out from playing gracefully and support the community in other ways.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Sonic Fox is way much better and skilled player than PL, and there's no argument against this statement ..... PL ought try to avoid embarrass himself with this childish propaganda in Twitter, since, he will never surpass Sonic Fox in any NRS fighting game ... never ! :D

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
People throw the word "broken" around way too much. Sonic generally plays top tier, as do most successful players. None of his character choices were illegal for use in tournament and anyone has access to those same chatacters. Carl's success has always been with top tier as well. Example, Carl loves Scorpion but you didn't see him pulling out Scorp at Evo 2011 because you gotta play top tier if you want a chance to win a tournament of that size. If there are 20-30 top players of similar skill, the ones who play top tier will usually be the ones with more success plain and simple. Picking top tier does not in any way take away from Sonic's accomplishments. The dude literally gets 1st place in almost every single tournament both online and offline. That is straight domination. I like Carl and have fun rooting for him because he is entertaining but lets be real, there is no character available to choose in Mkx that would allow Carl to beat Sonic in a set.
What's the point of your rant when I clearly said perfect legend isn't the guy who can beat sonicfox. There are always broken characters in fighting games specially in NRS games. Alien was the poster boy of broken characters.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Its a fact sonicfox looks for the most broken characters or things that people dont know how to counteract. Dont lie for a dude you dont know.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Everyone knows Sektor was the worse variation out of Triborg before Cybersub variation was nerfed to shit.
Even after the Sektor variation still isn't that great. block his wake fire, teleport, and air dash hes wide open for a punish and most users who play that variation uses those moves often. If Sektor back dashes go for teleport of your own with Lao or use smoke F2 or was it B2 .... anyway just do something reachable before he dashes back too far to stop him. I just don't see sonic winning that match.
Also wtf is this the TMZ of the FGC feelsbadman
You trolling or downplaying?

Reactions: JDM

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
PL isn't any good at this game. He could have won EVO 97 times, it doesn't matter.

When I play him, the score is typically like 10-1 or 20-1 and when I lose that single game I feel like an idiot. He doesn't deserve an audience with the Fox, if you're going off of skill.

He's the only American to lose to Madzin after 3 ESL's, he only gets out of pools at majors when one notable player is in his pool, outside of Combo Breaker where Honeybee and Frank didn't read the Ninjutsu patch notes.
Maybe he's "not good" at MKX but winning EVO does count for something otherwise any asshole out there would do it.

Also since when is losing to Madzin considered something to be berated for???... so you're telling me that Madzin is a scrub that equals free win, OK I knew you're a downplaying asshat but even for you this is low.

Props on beating your chest doe to show all of us scrubs how good you are, guess all that Kenshi complaining worked out in the end shame about Alien doe. LOVED your crocodile tears.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
pl is the donald trump of the nrs community

also he can see me in doa anytime wtf ill destroy him even harder lmfao
Just stick to one character, and let him try to beat you, if he can. Challenge accepted?

His words remind me of Tweedy before going Top 8, thus Tweedy mini me.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
This "feud" is scripted. To put it into wrestling terms, it's kayfabe. It's just to get people interested. On the other hand though: I've always been a PL fan and I always will be. He needs to stay off of social media and just play. If he does that he return to his former status and start placing. (Most of the guys trash talking in here on PL couldn't touch the guy in a game.)
Its actually not scripted at all lol. Pl just has no filter. He went at bio sonic wound and dragon. He said he has something to prove with inj2 so we will see.

Rolling_Toaster

Praise be to Lord Brady
I'm to the point that I don't care if I'm unable to play the beta.

I don't mean this in a whiney way, either. I've simply accepted that I may be among those who just don't get a code.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Its actually not scripted at all lol. Pl just has no filter. He went at bio sonic wound and dragon. He said he has something to prove with inj2 so we will see.
Which I don't get... I don't recall PL being very good at INJ:GAU. If I recall correctly, PL started fading after INJ came out.