What's new

Ground Pound setups and OHS knockdown options

LEGEND

YES!
I will try and list all the ones i know, if any of you are aware of some that aren't on the list please bring them to my attention so i can add them here so we can all have as complete a list as possible
HERE WE GO:

-Close GP, NJP, 4-Gotcha, Far GP. (can add Ex GP after far GP for extra damage and further setups)
-Close GP, NJP, 4-Dash Punch, Mid GP (same as above, can also dash in for a combo)
-D4-gotcha, Mid GP (canceling into F4 or D3 are your best pressure options. links with ^ setups^)
-Deep JK, Close GP
-After ground pound, 1 1 1 12 Mid GP
-After OHS knockdown, Gotcha Grab then Mid GP (works best after air OHS knockdown and corner)
-Deep JK, 1 1 12 Mid GP
-2F2B1 Close GP (slight time delay needed)
-Fullscreen EX energy wave, Far GP. Unavoidable GP setup if the EW hits.

CORNER SETUPS:
After GP, NJP 4-Gotcha close GP
After GP, NJP 4-Gotcha 1 22-OHS. (Gotcha Grab, Close GP ender)
After GP, NJP 4-Gotcha 1 1 12 12 Close GP
After GP, JK 1 12 12 12 Close GP
B124, 12 12 12 Close GP
F413, F41-Dash Punch, 12 Dash Punch, 12 Close GP (even if you opponent is around jump distance away from the corner this combo will still work)
F413, D1, 12, 1, 1, 12 Close GP

AA GP SETUPS:
1 1 1 12 dash-Close GP (sets up all GP-NJP midscreen options)
1 1 1 1 12 Mid GP
1 1 1-OHS
1 B12-OHS
F3 1 1 1 1 12 Mid GP (works if your opponent tries jumping out of pressure as you input F3)

OHS KNOCKDOWN OPTIONS:
-Gotcha Grab, Mid GP (auto times GP for you)
-Air Gotcha, D4-OHS (Ex the OHS if you want to be on the safe side)
-Gotch Grabs, Dash Punch (Crossover afterwards for another mix-up)
-GP/C B124 (not very good, best if they respect your wake-up counters first)
-Dash Punch, Gotcha Grab then block (baits wake-ups and at very least builds meter)
-OHS, Dash Punch, Cross up JIP/JIK. The jip/jik will land even if they techroll, good way of continuing pressure.
-OHS, Gotcha grab, Dash forward OHS. Beats out most none armoured wakeups, characters such as Sektor can only avoid damage by techrolling after the first OHS.

sometimes your opponent will just lay on the ground to try and avoid your pressure, in this case you D3-OHS to lift them back up. Ex the OHS if you really can't afford to be poked out of it

SIDE NOTE: AFTER AN AA ENERGY WAVE OR DASH PUNCH AND EX GROUND POUND WILL LINK FOR EXTRA DAMAGE

Hope this helps, please notify me if i'm missing any options

PS: lots of combos were left off simply because the ones i listed are better in every way, although i do encourage using variations to confuse your opponent

good list man :)
I may come back and add some, but, for the moment I will just say for the new jax player and for those who feel that this is a bit confusing ... the best and most useful and tricky option to consider is : after an AA combo end with 12 and do a mid GP if they jump at you ( which is the reaction that u will get 75% of the time ) AA them with st.1 for another reset ... second time they will usually stay grounded or stand block (or any other hesitation sign ) so u go for the mid GP into a combo ending in 12 ... etc ...... :)

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
-OHS, Dash Punch, Cross up JIP/JIK. The jip/jik will land even if they techroll, good way of continuing pressure.
-OHS, Gotcha grab, Dash forward OHS. Beats out most none armoured wakeups, characters such as Sektor can only avoid damage by techrolling after the first OHS.

Good list, its about time we had a thread like this.

LEGEND

YES!

Good list, its about time we had a thread like this.
thanks man, added your post and updated the OP with some AA options

This stuff has been messing me up lately. It seems like you are forced to jump or risk getting GP into dash or combo. Is... neutral jump a good way to escape this stuff? I guess if they cancel they can try for an air backbreaker though...

World G

Noob
hey pls can u tell me how to change the directon of jax ex OHS. for eample putting someone in the corner with OHS.
du4 and?