What's new

Ground Ice frame rates

Why can I not land any combo after Ground ice if it is listed as 88 hit advantage I can't figure it out. Is it just a neutral reset? I can't land anything after. You can't even throw them unless there's a certain frame to wait for.

Can you answer my other question please. I'm trying to enhance Iceball after F2 and it refuses to enhance. Is this something in the settings? From what I understand this is what makes him a 50/50 but I cannot do it at all

Im still curious to know why I cannot land a hit after the ground ice though, if it says 88 hit advantage? This will help me figure things out. I thought that meant I have 88 frames to hit them before they defend but clearly that is untrue because I can't even land a 6 frame hit

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Im still curious to know why I cannot land a hit after the ground ice though, if it says 88 hit advantage? This will help me figure things out. I thought that meant I have 88 frames to hit them before they defend but clearly that is untrue because I can't even land a 6 frame hit
I haven't practiced with that move, but sometimes it might just mean that you have frame advantage on your opponent. Meaning that for 88 frames the opponent won't be able to do anything BUT BLOCK, so you get free pressure.

Why can I not land any combo after Ground ice if it is listed as 88 hit advantage I can't figure it out. Is it just a neutral reset? I can't land anything after. You can't even throw them unless there's a certain frame to wait for.
This link will answer your queries about Ground Ice. Long story short, it is not a kombo extender, but rather a set-up ability that restands.

mrapchem

Noob
Actually, Ground Freeze is a very powerful move that leads to a guaranteed 50/50 attempt and beats any wake-up, with the exception of U3.

The idea is to get a freeze, do some kind of launcher - I would highly suggest Ex-Rising Ice - and then do either B2 or B14 into Ground Freeze. Any wakeup option the opponent attempts, with the aforementioned exception of U3 will be beaten by the Freeze. The opponent can block whatever you do next, but you get to make them guess between overhead and low.

I will post a video here soon demonstrating how this move works. It might actually need to be nerfed and completely re-worked because it's a more potent version of the Sub-Zero S2/B32/B14 50/50 loop that everyone dreads the character for.

Last edited: