What's new

Grodd's Stampede Cancel Guide

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Guys I just started using stick .... my life is so much better now is this what I've been missing out On?

Belial

Noob
Okay here's the thing

22~SC is supposed to be neutral on block but its actually advantage on block. Tested vs Superman Ultra that is 6 frames. It gets beat out (armor triggers) by d1. Tested on all ranges and both standing and crouching. I also couldnt beat out Grodd d1 by Sups d1 no matter how long i tried

Discuss

PS: one more thing that needs noticing that perfect SC timings create some sort of OS that make Stampede come out on hit, but SC on block. Great for stuffing dat b3 armor attempts and overall

Last edited:

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Okay here's the thing

22~SC is supposed to be neutral on block but its actually advantage on block. Tested vs Superman Ultra that is 6 frames. It gets beat out (armor triggers) by d1. Tested on all ranges and both standing and crouching. I also couldnt beat out Grodd d1 by Sups d1 no matter how long i tried

Discuss

PS: one more thing that needs noticing that perfect SC timings create some sort of OS that make Stampede come out on hit, but SC on block. Great for stuffing dat b3 armor attempts and overall
With NRS frame data, it wouldn't surprise me if they either typed something incorrectly or their system isn't advanced enough to include cancel data in the game. But it's awesome it's plus (what would that be, +7 to beat the jab cleanly every time?).

And I have no way to prove this but I swear there is some proximity trigger on hit versus block that makes it an automatic OS. That's all I've got, lol.

Belial

Noob
With NRS frame data, it wouldn't surprise me if they either typed something incorrectly or their system isn't advanced enough to include cancel data in the game. But it's awesome it's plus (what would that be, +7 to beat the jab cleanly every time?).

And I have no way to prove this but I swear there is some proximity trigger on hit versus block that makes it an automatic OS. That's all I've got, lol.
My guess its +1 or +2. Maybe there's more like JC cancels in MKX that got its data fully figured out years after release.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
My guess its +1 or +2. Maybe there's more like JC cancels in MKX that got its data fully figured out years after release.
Right, 1 or 2, god I'm an idiot, lol.

That prospect excites me, that we'll keep finding more stuff! I love it when the community finds new or fully explores old tech years after a game is released.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Okay here's the thing

Discuss

SUperman Super is 7 frames, only Flash's is six, then Supergirl's is 5f startup

Belial

Noob
So guys. here's a challenge for you if you want to have proper cancels

1) Set dummy to block get him in the corner and try doing normal SC standing at point blank (yeah just plain SC). Its necessary to get yourself invulnerable and kinda safe wka.

2) Pick atrocitus, set reversal to upbreath. do b2~SC into 22. If you can beat(not trade) breath 10/10 you're good to go. Its necessary vs people who mash 6fr d1.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
I have uploaded a demonstration of Grodd's stampede cancels (not all of them though) with the controller display from his Legendary that I got today. Mainly to help new gorilla brethren learn The Way of the Stampede.

what the point in cancels now ? everyone can punish ur perfect cancels with armored f3/b3 even if they are +5 on block; i think only reasonable cancel is b2 sc on hit coz u can safely jump in n try to 50/50 with ji3 ji2

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
W

WHATS THE POINT IN CANCELS????? IS THAT A SERIOUS QUESTION??? GOD BLESS U MAN.
Yea, I only just picked up Grodd, and even I can tell his cancels are essential. Depends on the cancelled string whether they can mbb3 doesn’t it? But if they can... don’t mash out, or if they’re predictable, blow it up....

That said, my cancels suck.