What's new

Grodd's Stampede Cancel Guide

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I will literally never be able to pull these off consistently. <3
Even if we do get them 100% of the time it's horribly flawed.

• 22 has a gap that leads to D1 combo punishes, and even if they dont punish it you're left at 0 so your opponent can just poke or MBB3. High risk, low reward...
  • B2 is plus, but you cant combo B2~SC into anything, and you cant hit confirm it into a string.
  • 112~SC is also plus but who the fuck is going to use it? Starts with a high, has a gap, cant combo on hit confirm without trait on, and trait for the most part is useless so it likely wont be turned on.
I can hit it the majority of the time in practice but online it's fuckin tough with the 4 frame buffer and variable lag. Either way, it's just too dangerous to use. What am I supposed to do here NRS?

So not only is our trait seemingly useless, so is the Stampede Cancel.

• 22 has a gap that leads to D1 combo punishes, and even if they dont punish it you're left at 0 so your opponent can just poke or MBB3. High risk, low reward...
  • B2 is plus, but you cant combo B2~SC into anything, and you cant hit confirm it into a string.
  • 112~SC is also plus but who the fuck is going to use it? Starts with a high, has a gap, cant combo on hit confirm without trait on, and trait for the most part is useless so it likely wont be turned on.
I can hit it the majority of the time in practice but online it's fuckin tough with the 4 frame buffer and variable lag. Either way, it's just too dangerous to use. What am I supposed to do here NRS?

They only give him 2 strings and then don't even make sure they're not borderline useless. What on earth...

DeftMonk

Noob
Ya...I just am gonna keep grodd in the stable lol. Im also having difficulty with b3 d2 trait b2 timing and thats the only way I really would plan to pop his trait. Also people are starting to poke through 22 a shitload. Good luck getting those cancels crispy fellas, I'm off to pwn noobs with badam.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

The character is ass. Even if you are a God with the stampede cancels, it doesn't make up for the characters major shortcomings.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I haven't tested it fully, but it's looking like B2 can be made safer or combo with trait.

Trait on against Superman...

You can hitconfirm B2~DD1

On block you can air dash backwards then fire off Psionic Blast. He can't easily attack you before you back dash in the air after DD1 thanks to block stun. However, he could dash on reaction to the air back dash and dash forward and do F23 and combo you. But if you air back dash then fire off Psionic Blast it catches him and you get a full combo.

I'm sure there are characters that can get a punish with projectiles, and probably other attacks but I havent fully tested. Could use some help with that.

On hit, you can land after Psionic Blast, dash forward and do another B2~Close Leap for full combo for like 410 damage into a setup. Not bad at all.

This is why we have to keep messing around with trait. Figure out how the fuck to use it. The fact that you can get like 550+ meterless damage with a wall bounce is probably reason enough to turn it on.

We can't just give up and say he's ass.

DeftMonk

Noob
I don't think he's Ass. I just think there are characters with better toolkits (but the same can be said about lot of people). Also stampede cancel/trait is probably not best used for what we thought. (I probably have no idea what I'm talking about just current opinion)

It would be awesome if his trait activation didn't last so many frames tho:(. Also, what is the combo u are doing to get 550 meterless? I'm definitely missing something.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Why are you guys in denial? Throw me a bone here please.

I'm not saying he's the worst in the game, but he's low tier for sure.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I don't think he's Ass. I just think there are characters with better toolkits (but the same can be said about lot of people). Also stampede cancel/trait is probably not best used for what we thought. (I probably have no idea what I'm talking about just current opinion)

It would be awesome if his trait activation didn't last so many frames tho:(. Also, what is the combo u are doing to get 550 meterless? I'm definitely missing something.
Sorry I misspoke. It's 518 meterless damage(on Superman). You hit 545 if you burn a bar.

B2,WB, B3, J3, B2~DD1,1, dash, B2~DF1B, J2, B2~DF1B, J3, D2. (I'm not even sure this is optimized)

Some of his trait combos get 600+ damage...

Last edited:
Why are you guys in denial? Throw me a bone here please.

I'm not saying he's the worst in the game, but he's low tier for sure.
Well its only 2 weeks and I agree the character is not amazingly good but I dont think he is complete dog shit but everything he has is pretty fucking hard to do which doesnt help

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Well its only 2 weeks and I agree the character is not amazingly good but I dont think he is complete dog shit but everything he has is pretty fucking hard to do which doesnt help
Exactly.

It's taken me this long just to figure out wake ups and keeping safe with trait. Imagine what we could find in another 2 weeks.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Are we sure b2 SC is +5? maybe my execution is sloppy but it feels more like +1/2 to me. Definitely not as plus as 112 SC.

DeftMonk

Noob
I wish NRS gave us the ability to watch other peoples matches on leader boards. Would lvoe to see if other grodds are actually using sc after normals. The only 3 times I use SC lately are: 1. on wakeup for invinc frames, 2. neutral to build meter/fake out. 3. if someone does something that I need to use 112 to punish.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The reason why this is so difficult is because you have to have to input the cancel before the first active frame of the charge. so inputting ff/bb within like 3 or less frames is rediculous lol.