What's new

GRODD COMBO THREAD HUMANS

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
If only Grodd could do his air normals out dd2 when falling back to the ground

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Oi get it gets annoying once people start realizing how minus 22 is on block, and you can't even earthquake cancel to make it safe as you can get hit out of it.
Still labbing Grodd and haven't really taken him for a spin yet, but surely once people start trying to pressure you after a blocked 22, can't you just start finishing the string? Obviously it's pretty risky but hit them with it once and they'll definitely think twice about pressing buttons immediately after a blocked 22.

Still labbing Grodd and haven't really taken him for a spin yet, but surely once people start trying to pressure you after a blocked 22, can't you just start finishing the string? Obviously it's pretty risky but hit them with it once and they'll definitely think twice about pressing buttons immediately after a blocked 22.
Whole situation would be fine if they let us mb ground pound at the start for some cancel armor pressure.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
223 is even more punishable on block than 22 is, its not like you can delay the third hit anyway.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
223 is even more punishable on block than 22 is, its not like you can delay the third hit anyway.
Visually the 1+3 leap after the 22 is a bit delayed, I'm just saying if they really are trying to capitalize on you being -8 they are probably going to press buttons early. If they don't, then they aren't actually taking advantage of those 8 frames. If they have to literally watch and see if you are going to finish the string with 1+3 thats going to take off at least a frame or two (or more) of disadvantage.

Not saying mix it in evenly, maybe even just once a match. Watch how when you mb the grab into combo + vortex, they will start to give you a lot more leeway after a blocked 22.

found this, i'm sure it's already been posted but for 1bar it's 600 damage:

b2 into close leap with 2 in the air, standing 3xxmb ground pound.

This character does ALOT of damage. I'll upload some combos that I have been tinkering with. I know that he can go higher so what I will post are concepts. This character has so much potential that I honestly didn't think was there at first. Also one interesting I found out is that Gross can't do more than 2 of his meter burn cancels (his hit grabs) per combo. I found a way to set up for 3 of them but the last one wont let me meter burn at all (bug maybe???).

Edit: Nvm. After hitting with df1,L1 meter burn you can't meter b2, 1+3. That has to be a bug.

Last edited:
Here you go guys.....change and mold it anyway you like.

Edit: Wow I am so late. I just saw a video where these combo paths were already optimized. Well at least I did figure out the concepts on my own before seeing the video.

Last edited:
So I've been messing around with grodd, extremely fun to play. But I'm having an issue with landing the j3 in a combo. Starting small, eg (just to try and link it for bigger combos) b2,bf1b, j2, b2,df1b,j3... at this point I will 98% of the time not be able to hit a b2/any combo extender.

Does anyone have a reliable way to link the j3? Will continue to practice it but any tips would be appreciated

Last edited:
So I've been messing around with grodd, extremely fun to play. But I'm having an issue with landing the j3 in a combo. Starting small, eg (just to try and link it for bigger combos) b2,bf1b, j2, b2,df1b,j3... at this point I will 98% of the time not be able to hit a b2/any combo extender.

Does anyone have a reliable way to link the j3? Will continue to practice it but any tips would be appreciated
D2 after the j3 then b2