What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern Video Thread.

i saw this on youtube just picked the game and was recommended here for info so i thought i share with ya if you guys would be interested

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Post Green Lantern videos here. Combo videos, tutorials, tech, match videos, whatever.

Here's about 45 minutes of my play from VSM last night. Starts about 25:00

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/395756406

Please forgive any execution errors; I'm still trying to internalize the game engine like everyone else.

After I lost to Sinestro, Brady gave me some dirt that if I had known before hand I feel like it would have gone differently. That match is definitely not in Sinestro's favor.

R you going to share this dirt with me tomorrow? Lol I have a bit of trouble with that match myself

Also we had a pretty hype mirror goin on there ggs

Me losing to Chris g

This video upsets me to no end lol I was winning pretty easily and then got hit by fuzzies I didn't even know were in the game, wasted lots of meters and dropped like 4 combos haha

zaf

professor
Stickied

Wish i got to see ya play more last night kt. I saw a few matches but had to go right after you got on : (

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've been messing with this guy. His defense is obvious, but his mixups are somewhat less so. Here are a couple of videos of some chains of mixups that I like:

So very hard to block this guy!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
EX lift is my preferred ender to b13 trait cancel combos. turbine ender is the Jailhouse Special.

I wouldn't spend more than 2 bars on keeping a vortex going though, he needs it too much for defense. That being said I'd blow all 4 bars in an attempt to stay near Cyborg.

Regardless, you can get 65% with 2 bars if you do:

b13, trait, lift, 223, EX lift > f3, b23, EX rocket, b233

I like your meterless f3 combo there: f3, j3, b13 (trait if it's not on already), lift, 223, lift. how much damage is that on its own?

EGP Wonder_Chef

EX lift is my preferred ender to b13 trait cancel combos. turbine ender is the Jailhouse Special.

I wouldn't spend more than 2 bars on keeping a vortex going though, he needs it too much for defense. That being said I'd blow all 4 bars in an attempt to stay near Cyborg.

Regardless, you can get 65% with 2 bars if you do:

b13, trait, lift, 223, EX lift > f3, b23, EX rocket, b233

I like your meterless f3 combo there: f3, j3, b13 (trait if it's not on already), lift, 223, lift. how much damage is that on its own?

Yeah it was just an example of a bunch of mixups you could use whenever. Looks a lot cooler chained together though right?

and that combo does 34% meterless.

chores

bad at things
Yeah it was just an example of a bunch of mixups you could use whenever. Looks a lot cooler chained together though right?

and that combo does 34% meterless.

thanks a lot for posting these. your videos have helped me a lot. if you get a chance could you record some matches vs heaver zoners cyborg,dstroke,sinestro etc? just want to see how you deal with them. thanks again!

EGP Wonder_Chef

thanks a lot for posting these. your videos have helped me a lot. if you get a chance could you record some matches vs heaver zoners cyborg,dstroke,sinestro etc? just want to see how you deal with them. thanks again!
not many people in SoCal play heavy zoners, haha

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I went looking for my on-stream games from ECT but it doesn't look like they exist anymore :(

maybe someone will have better luck finding them at twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

all of my top 32 matches were off stream and unless zaf or Jer or someone got cellphone video they aren't recorded anywhere which kinda blows

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I went looking for my on-stream games from ECT but it doesn't look like they exist anymore :(

maybe someone will have better luck finding them at twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

all of my top 32 matches were off stream and unless zaf or Jer or someone got cellphone video they aren't recorded anywhere which kinda blows

I didnt get them, im sorry :(

The f2d1 / f2>b1 stuff is nifty and will become important suuuuper late in the metagame of someone who knows the lantern match up. Against people who don't really know it the mix up is sort of lost on them
Yep for sure. It's blowing up everyone I've been playing in Florida, and it was free against everyone I played in Texas too. You can also f2>Grab for people that don't expect it. I can't wait to move up to New York to play with the best. I'm gonna come up to VSM a lot. I should be there by this fall.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....

My first bit of tech in the corner for wake up happy players.

The Second is a frame trap video in the corner as well.

Shout outs to KT Smith and Blackula the standing 3 and punishment combo's came from you guys.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Good stuff, I'm glad since the OTG nerf people are coming up with more GL tech, it's usually very quiet here. I also see more GL players online after Evo so that's good. Shouts out to Wafflez, Wonderchef and DJT for some good GL performances. I should join you all next year hopefully.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Just to add to the standing 3 tech for use mid screen, you can actually chain standing 3 out of a jump 1 (but not j2, which is random).

So when someone is respecting your jump in and the follow up string you can get yourself +10 for a guaranteed b1 or however else you want to use the +10

One more bit of tech or just info, rather, is that after a blocked missile, you can get a full forward dash and be left at 0. Maybe useful for anti-zoning in certain situations or just general trickery. Dash up, b1 etc.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Killer stuff KT I am going to keep writing down notes and ideas in my GL bible.