What's new

Breakthrough Green Lantern Space Control

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Below is a diagram of Green Lantern's space control at any one time. It does not include jump in attacks; certain specials (MBs); traits or supers.

Please note this may not be 100% accurate as I do not have the actual hit box data. This is all just stuff I could find on training mode.

EDIT:
Direct link to image:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/aamirsaab/dc76352a-4c4a-46d0-9963-629288544603_zpsdeac93eb.jpg

Image courtesy of Youtube user: gamingdekap

Legend:

1 temple floor square = approx 1 character space

Red: Oa’s rocket (whiffs on crouch)
Green: Rocket power (close = 2 character spaces; normal = 5; far = 8; hits crouching, whiffs Cat stance)
Purple: Machine gun (6 character spaces; hits crouch and Cat stance)
Brown: Turbine (8 character spaces; hits crouching and Cat stance)
White: Lantern’s might (3.5 character spaces; hits crouching, Cat stance and HG Flight)

Blue: Standing 1
Blue dots: Back 1 (1.5 character spaces; at certain ranges it will hit cat stance)
Blue double line: Down 1

Yellow: Standing 2 (1.75 character spaces; at certain ranges it will hit cat stance)
Yellow dots Back 2
Yellow dash: Forward 2
Yellow double line: down 2 (vertical kind of hit box; overlaps with B+3)

Orange: Standing 3
Orange dots: Back 3 (hits crouching and cat stance)
Orange dash: Forward 3
Orange double line: down 3

Notes:
* Well, I can see why so many people use him: he has plenty of specials (I should know, I had to use Brown AND White!) and they all have ridiculous range!

* I hate Lanterns Might. And now I know why - look at that range!

* Forward+3's range is not so hot but I believe he can avoid lows during the animation, so it evens out.

* Back 3 on the other hand...

* Not shown are his air turbine and air Oa's rocket; Air Turbine has the same range as ground version. Oa's rocket hits at approx 30-40 degree angle. Because these specials can be done at different heights, I have not included them.

* His d, 3 has deceptive range. Initially it looks like it has less reach than standing 2, but in fact it has slightly further reach (phantom hit box).

Enjoy and please feel free to tag anyone who may find this information useful. Thanks!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Suggested Sticky. I've drawn these diagrams by hand for every character I've ever played in a FG and they're a huge help. Nice work.

Air Rocket is difficult to diagram because you can perform at almost any height but it's great at controlling the space beyond Lift range.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
B3 seems kinda slow compare to others dont you think?
Btw thanks for the hard work, this is really helpful for tier-whore mainers like myself :p

Below is a diagram of Green Lantern's space control at any one time. It does not include jump in attacks; certain specials (MBs); traits or supers.
Real good shit. Keep this updated through the patches and this will be a HUGE help for the community.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Apologies for not responding sooner, I've been in hospital for the past 3 weeks undergoing an operation. I'm fine now (thanks to God and all the hospital staff - love them!) and will commence space control diagrams for the rest of the cast fairly soon.

so no comment about B3? lol
I actually think his b3 has pretty solid range, and it hits upwards - so theoretically could be used as an AA (haven't fully tested)

Generally speaking, GL is a very solid character in terms of space control and move set. There should be no tears coming out from any GL user ;)

How come I can not see any image? :confused:
I've updated the original post with a direct link to the image. Hope it helps!

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Apologies for not responding sooner, I've been in hospital for the past 3 weeks undergoing an operation. I'm fine now (thanks to God and all the hospital staff - love them!) and will commence space control diagrams for the rest of the cast fairly soon.
Glad your operation is successful. While I'm new to using hitbox data, I definitely understand how helpful it can be just by looking at your diagram. Gustaf!!!