What's new

Green Lantern Gameplay

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
@Mr FiF @Poser Paul After watching your matches, here are some quick takes:

- B12 has at least a 12 frame gap in between and leads to nothing. Don't use

- Chill with b13 into trait on block. No matter what special you cancel into, there's a big enough gap to poke through, often for a full combo

- If you want to cancel b13 into a special, use close lantern bomb. There is a gap, but opponents can only backdash or super. Some may be able to projectile counter and punish (WW?)

- Close lantern bomb is also -8, which is his safest special. Be wary of characters that have easy punishes though (Robin, Flash, Firestorm)

- GL has a great shimmy game with his fast walk speed and long range B1. Set it up by using your throw a lot, then when they expect it again, do a slight walk back and punish their whiffed throw tech with B13.

- Utilize trait more in the neutral as it significantly buffs your zoning and recharges super fast. Trait into lantern bomb works great.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

- Chill with b13 into trait on block. No matter what special you cancel into, there's a big enough gap to poke through, often for a full combo

- If you want to cancel b13 into a special, use close lantern bomb. There is a gap, but opponents can only backdash or super. Some may be able to projectile counter and punish (WW?)

- Close lantern bomb is also -8, which is his safest special. Be wary of characters that have easy punishes though (Robin, Flash, Firestorm)

- GL has a great shimmy game with his fast walk speed and long range B1. Set it up by using your throw a lot, then when they expect it again, do a slight walk back and punish their whiffed throw tech with B13.

- Utilize trait more in the neutral as it significantly buffs your zoning and recharges super fast. Trait into lantern bomb works great.
I been poked out of lantern bomb before. As for b13 trait, b13 trait into wall is a pretty scary thing for someone to poke or press a button

Mr FiF

Youtube.com/IIMR5

Thanks bruh. after dtown beatdown i learned lot of shit about lantern that im not using in my game
For instance i lost to supes do to me eating air lasers, forgetting that i had an air straight projectile to stop him

Bes110

Noob
Hello all, I just participated in my first tournament. I was knocked out of winners by a Blue Beetle, which I do not have video of because it was before top 8, and I was knocked out of top 8 losers by a Deadshot. I have linked video footage of my match. It may not be helpful to any advanced players, because I am still fairly new. I was hoping someone could help analyze my match, and show me the ins and outs of going through 'film' as a player.

Here is the link:

My match begins at 1:42:02 which is one hour forty two minutes and two seconds mark. Thank you in advance!