What's new

Tech Green Arrow's Pressure Options

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Time the backdash to when you hear the bomb beep.

I was doing it in an arrow mirror if it makes any difference.
Oh wow gtfo. I just did it, timing is super strict. In my book that's still guaranteed, you have literally a 1 frame window.

EDIT: Yeah I'm doing it over and over again, it's basically impossible, it IS a 1 frame gap.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Oh wow gtfo. I just did it, timing is super strict. In my book that's still guaranteed, you have literally a 1 frame window.

I was able to do it my first try right now that I tested it.

(Then again, I'm playing on a CRT)

Once you get used to it. It's not that hard. (Online is a different story though.)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I was able to do it my first try right now that I tested it.

(Then again, I'm playing on a CRT)

Once you get used to it. It's not that hard. (Online is a different story though.)
You have to be on point, I'm doing it like half of the time. Dude, I'd bet that in a match, it's 99% guaranteed. This thing is impossible.

(I'm playing in my 2ms Asus).

Yeah online fuck that hahahaha

EDIT: now I haven't been able to avoid it once in like 50 tries -_-

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You have to be on point, I'm doing it like half of the time. Dude, I'd bet that in a match, it's 99% guaranteed. This thing is impossible.

(I'm playing in my 2ms Asus).

Yeah online fuck that hahahaha

Half the time is pretty much what I have it down to... No need to practice it anymore than that because like I said "There's bigger fish to fry"

I mean it's kinda like a 50/50. It's always better to attempt the backdash than not to... And if you get it, the Arrow player will have lost all his meter.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Half the time is pretty much what I have it down to... No need to practice it anymore than that because like I said "There's bigger fish to fry"

I mean it's kinda like a 50/50. It's always better to attempt the backdash than not to... And if you get it, the Arrow player will have lost all his meter.
It's still way more guaranteed than Freeze -> Load Arrow -> Super.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
B13 xx super works anywhere. How is doing a guaranteed on block super not guaranteed? Sure it can be escaped of if they get hit, but then you can hit confirm it.

I've had ppl backdash it midscreen.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I don't think so...

F2D13, Dash, 22~Ice Arrow, Load Arrow, Super

is guaranteed.
I just tried it like 50 times. 80% of the time I was too close, and I could forward dash to make the super whiff. And it hella depends on your timing of the load arrow after the freeze, which is very, very strict.

Midscreen it works, but you're throwing damage away, that you can get by doing the setup above. But whatever.

It's just not practical for me dud.

ando1184

Noob
Time the backdash to when you hear the bomb beep.

I was doing it in an Arrow mirror if it makes any difference.
Yeh b13 super is backdashable. This is why when I was explaining to Truth earlier to do it in the corner. In the corner it seems a little harder to avoid, plus creates a sense of pressure so the opponent is more likely to mistime avoiding it.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
You didn't read the last 10 posts from me and Red Reaper didn't you?

No I didn't, and you don't have to be an ass about it. I'm sure you don't mean to, but you've sounded like a bit of a scumbag in almost every replied you've made to me. Also, I don't see how you are losing damage on a 2 combo reset vs an on block reset.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm pretty sure you mean it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
No I didn't, and you don't have to be an ass about it. I'm sure you don't mean to, but you've sounded like a bit of a scumbag in almost every replied you've made to me. Also, I don't see how you are losing damage on a 2 combo reset vs an on block reset.
You can read me however you want, I'm just a block of text, "the GA of TYM".

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The fact that there's a way out of GA's super if you try to reset the damage is still shitty. I've had people back dash the super multiple times in matches. I'm not saying it's common but it can happen at really fucked up times like at the end of a tournament match.

GA already has a hard enough time getting anything going against people that aren't ignorant to the match up. All this shit adds up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
The fact that there's a way out of GA's super if you try to reset the damage is still shitty. I've had people back dash the super multiple times in matches. I'm not saying it's common but it can happen at really fucked up times like at the end of a tournament match.

GA already has a hard enough time getting anything going against people that aren't ignorant to the match up. All this shit adds up.

Yeah. That's why I prefer the guaranteed stuff.

Backdashing is also pretty hard since most people focus on practicing other stuff (myself included). I only get backdash 50% of the time.

ando1184

Noob
Yeah. That's why I prefer the guaranteed stuff.

Backdashing is also pretty hard since most people focus on practicing other stuff (myself included). I only get backdash 50% of the time.
Well I've noticed that 111 super and freeze load arrow super are the hardest to backdash. But yeh, if anyone truly practices it I'm sure we will see it done a lot more often.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Well I've noticed that 111 super and freeze load arrow super are the hardest to backdash. But yeh, if anyone truly practices it I'm sure we will see it done a lot more often.
Backdashing 111 Super isn't that hard... It's just the fact that you're in hit stun that throws people off.