What's new

Question Green Arrow: What are his best stages and why?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Thought of this in another thread, but you can't tier list stages in this game since the options are different on each stage per character. What stages do you feel grant Green Arrow the best options and why right now?

Personally I think any stage that nets him a launcher to set up his B3 wallbounce is a good stage right now. Stuff like Gotham Rooftops for the helicopter bounce, the Aircraft base for the same, or Fortress of Solitude pt 1 is nice.

The problem I find for Green Arrow is netting damage mid screen since so many of his combos push them out. At midscreen I pretty much have to always have an ice arrow on hand to extend my combo's with otherwise I push them too far out for most of his stuff, but with interactable launcher stages that setup B3 its a different story. I like using fire arrows a lot and not having to keep my ice on hand is something I enjoy. You can easily death by papercuts someone with fire and with helicopter bounces and what all I can have both my longer combos and that option at all times.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think Gotham is going to be a really good one. Helicopter on the rooftop for better combos, and the dumpster seems really tough to avoid after an arrow which could be good for counterzoning. There's hardly any MB interactables, so his corner game will be at its strongest.

All stages seem to be about the same size, but don't quote me on that. The Batcave seems really good because there's a mini wall in the lagoon, making the stage extremely small. There's also a stage bounce in the crime lab and not too many interactables to worry about.

Same goes for the Metropolis Mueseum. Plus there's the tank on the street for better combos and again not too many interactables.

Stages like the Fortress of Solitude seem really bad imo. Power characters can MB the red jet in the left corner of the laboratory for huge damage. The interactable that takes the opponent off screen in the right corner of the menagerie is retarded...It has like 1 frame start up & basically unpunishable. Gives them way too many options in the corner imo.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Arkum Asylum options aplenty. The TVs work well for a distraction even if they don't connect, the bed thing in the left hand corner is good for springing away from the corner, the Ivy plant thing is great to at least gain breathning room and the need I explain the Ice pipe in the right side. When tarnsitioning to the Mess Hall, you have a corner escape on the left, afun game of toss the bacon, two decorations to throw on the pillars and the chandaliere is great for confusion and footsies. Pretty much all the acrobats and gadget folks can call this stage their lil playground of destruction.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Okay I know I said the Fortress of Solitude seems like one of his worst stages, but now I think it could be one of the best. The teleporting interactable in the right corner of the menagerie is the main problem, so always try to be in the laboratory.

The red laser on the right corner of the laboratory potentially makes Arrow's corner game twice as strong.
-Off any AA arrow, it allows you to get a 20% combo (even from full screen!).
-You can now combo off savage blast (or ex savage blast) for around 27%.
-Comboing after a slide is extremely easy now (just spam the interactable button). The damage off a slide is increased by 5-10%
-You can get about 10% more damage off 223 now (without meter).
-You can get about 15% more damage off b23 now (without meter).
-During the interactable you have enough time to load an arrow & continue the combo, which could be extremely good for pressure & set ups.
-To top it all off the laser reaches pretty far, so all these launchers can be used slightly away from the wall or while your back is to the wall. That means b23, slide, and savage blast become especially threatening anywhere near this corner.

So yeah I think this will be really good. Just make sure not to choose the menagerie :cool: