What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Arrow Reveal Trailer Analysis

@0:18 His dash covers a lot of ground
@0:26 His Ice Arrow stuns without being :ex
@0:30 He has an Electric Arrow
@0:16 & @0:49 Has a special that causes wall bounce when :ex
@0:54 His super is a projectile
- He has plenty of launching options as seen @0:20, @0:26, @0:30, @0:32, @0:52, & @0:58
- His normals seem to have decent speed

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Gifs of some of his combos and attacks.
Wall bounce combo
Arrow slide combo
Freeze shot combo
Electric shot combo
Arrow barrage combo

Reptile low slide. Either EX adds a explosive arrow, or it has follow ups. hits low.

Upwards explosive arrows. Seem to explode at certain points in the arc and don't need to touch.

A straight upwards arrow barrage. Shoots like 6 regular arrows in a very large arc.

A freezing arrow. it doesn't freeze like sub-zeros though it forces them on the ground in a specific pose. Seems to hit low.

A electric arrow. Seems to be air only?

A jumping back move. He shoots 2 explosive arrows at the players feet. These might be added by EX not sure.

Bow twirl. Seems fast and has good range. Might be a command normal?

He has a short sword duct taped to his bow.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
looks like he can charge up an arrow shot and then jump freely, unless i'm mistaken.
This is an interesting mechanic, much different from having to shoot while in the air. I'm liking the variety we're seeing already.

Watching these videos, think i know his gimic

changes Arrow types
-Explosive
-Ice
-Electric

Maybe if so he can switch them during combos, think off the Nurse women out of skullgirls haha
Very good observation. ;)

The Hero Traits (gimmick button) can't be enhanced to my knowledge, so the green arrows are probably special moves. While the Ice and Shock arrows are apart of his hero trait.:D

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Very good observation. ;)

The Hero Traits (gimmick button) can't be enhanced to my knowledge, so the green arrows are probably special moves. While the Ice and Shock arrows are apart of his hero trait.:D
possible man, but im assuming its def one or the other cause i cant see how any other special ability can fit him

shig

kool guy
The "golf club swing" special is that causes a wallbounce caused a stage transition in another situation. I think this is a universal thing-- everyone has a stage transition attack that can be used to cause wallbounces if you are not near a stage transition zone. Nightwing does something similar.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
From @CDjr twitter.

Green arrow= zoning spacing character has an fire arrow for more damage a freeze shot like sub zeros iceball and a electric shot chip damage
Gren arrows arrow types can be change by doing db4 df4 and dd4 and you shoot them by pressing 4
Altered that one a bit because I couldn't copy/paste it.

You can charge the shots and jump, crouch and walk back and forth while holding the arrow. If you dash back or forth the charge is canceled.

Green arrow has a slide like reptile that hits low of course. Green arrow feel a lot like hawk eye from umvc3

He can charge his shot just like hawk eye and can shoot arrows while jumping. I don't know if his electric shot beats other projectiles

Like hawk eyes piercing shot in marvel I will have to test that with somebody when this line gets smaller :(

"You can charge the shots and jump, crouch and walk back and forth while holding the arrow. If you dash back or forth the charge is canceled."

Them mindgames! Omg, I jizzed, so much depth already than any MK character ever had.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

Green Arrow's super is perfect.
Its just the right length and not crazy cinematic. Its kinda crazy that you can move well the camera is still centered on the floor.

You can combo off of it pretty easy. I wonder if its intended to hit OTG or if it only works because the wakeup mechanics are not implemented.

Green Arrow's super is perfect.
Its just the right length and not crazy cinematic. Its kinda crazy that you can move well the camera is still centered on the floor.

You can combo off of it pretty easy. I wonder if its intended to hit OTG or if it only works because the wakeup mechanics are not implemented.
Yeah, what's all this camera things everyones talking about? Someone mentioned in Jrs thread too.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yeah, what's all this camera things everyones talking about? Someone mentioned in Jrs thread too.
Watch the gif carefully, CDjr jumps well the camera is still lingering on the floor, and it resets and hes already mid jump.
Basically you can move around during the last bit of the cinematic camera.