Green Arrow Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Pros
+ Better damage for less bars in combos
+ stubby limbs are gone, better range overall on normals and strings
+ d2 not only has vertical hitbox but has horizontal as well, able to hit ppl in front from some range with his bow (priority hitbox)
+ still has savage blast
+ Boxing glove arrow

Cons
- Lost his combo-abale super
- Freezing arrow no longer restands

Honestly can't wait, he seems to be better at what he is supposed to do, despite the losses he seems better in every possible way.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Pros
+ d2 not only has vertical hitbox but has horizontal as well, able to hit ppl in front from some range with his bow (priority hitbox)
+ still has savage blast
+ Boxing glove arrow

Cons

Honestly can't wait, he seems to be better at what he is supposed to do, despite the losses he seems better in every possible way.
Adding to this list:

Pros
+223 Mid-hitting Launcher
+MB Hurricane Bow kombo launcher

Kons
-223 is no longer an untechable knockdown
-113 no longer launches up in a way that allows for a meterless and arrowless kombo.
-B2 standing overhead has been replaced (No more B23 with advantage because of this too..)

He does look better at what he's supposed to do, but I really like my oki so I hope he has something to replace 223 in some way. I doubt it though... Reminds me a little of Sektor, he was definitely better in MKXL than in MK9, but I didn't like the lack of up-missile set ups. He will definitely be a better character and he will now be able to deal with Aquaman since he no longer needs to rely on the ice arrow for damage so no more working hard to land that freeze arrow, only to have him trait up. His oki wasn't ever really match up changing and his zoning is in tact so he might win some match ups now too.

I am really looking forward to using a Red version of him too... lol.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm actually going to miss the ability to dash cancel arrows but that's just personal preference. I'm sure this new way is much more effective in the long run.
Yeah... It has its drawbacks, especially since his backdash (when the arrow is drawn) does not look invincible. In Injustice 1, if I drew an arrow and then they decided to throw an interactable, I was able to backdash and avoid it if I was on point. Now I might not be able to do that....

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah... It has its drawbacks, especially since his backdash (when the arrow is drawn) does not look invincible. In Injustice 1, if I drew an arrow and then they decided to throw an interactable, I was able to backdash and avoid it if I was on point. Now I might not be able to do that....
Id always savage blast instead of backdash lol

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
You can still cancel the arrow drawn and then backdash right?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You can still cancel the arrow drawn and then backdash right?
On reaction to the thrown object? I'm assuming the kancel takes time... The reason why I sometimes held my arrows, is because the start up of drawing the arrow was the bulk of the time that arrows had and it had good recovery. So I kould sometimes hold the arrow then let go on reaction to some moves, like projectiles.... (The Superman match up is a great example of this. It made the match up much more manageable to react and keep him in check from zoning,.)

Id always savage blast instead of backdash lol
I would use both... For distance, savage blast works, but it has no invincibility frames to avoid interactables. Also, I was talking about when the bow was drawn... Unless they changed things, you kan't savage blast while the bow is drawn.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
On reaction to the thrown object? I'm assuming the kancel takes time... The reason why I sometimes held my arrows, is because the start up of drawing the arrow was the bulk of the time that arrows had and it had good recovery. So I kould sometimes hold the arrow then let go on reaction to some moves, like projectiles.... (The Superman match up is a great example of this. It made the match up much more manageable to react and keep him in check from zoning,.)

I would use both... For distance, savage blast works, but it has no invincibility frames to avoid interactables. Also, I was talking about when the bow was drawn... Unless they changed things, you kan't savage blast while the bow is drawn.
Oh I'm dumb lol

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
i'll miss b2 overhead but missing out on super is not really a con imo. he will still build bar like mad because of things like savage blast, and having strong tools to liberally spend bar on (mb hurricane bow, safe launcher which probably has decent chip, and boxing glove arrow) are much better tools than having nothing worth spending bar on except mb b3 and a super

-LD50-

Yep that change video made my day. Arrow looks so clean in Injustice 2. His damage is disgusting. Identity crisis averted, can't wait to play him. I know exactly what I'll be doing once I boot Injustice 2 up for the first time.

-LD50-

Question for y'all - ice arrow no longer restands mid combo, do you think this means if you catch an opponent out of the air with it they'll get restanded and fall or will just freeze mid-jump, mid-air?

This change would be a big letdown and make ice arrow really weak as an anti-air :/

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Question for y'all - ice arrow no longer restands mid combo, do you think this means if you catch an opponent out of the air with it they'll get restanded and fall or will just freeze mid-jump, mid-air?

This change would be a big letdown and make ice arrow really weak as an anti-air :/
They stay suspended in the air unfortunately. However, the hit advantage of the ice arrow seems to have been increased meaning he can now pretty much still get a combo regardless how far away from the opponent he is when the arrow hits so I don't mind that trade off. Threat of ice arrow trades will now be a huge mind game for him even at full screen.

-LD50-

They stay suspended in the air unfortunately. However, the hit advantage of the ice arrow seems to have been increased meaning he can now pretty much still get a combo regardless how far away from the opponent he is when the arrow hits so I don't mind that trade off. Threat of ice arrow trades will now be a huge mind game for him even at full screen.
on top of the fact that we can load a boxing glove (or any other arrow, i guess, right?) after hitting an ice arrow?
if you get a free ice arrow off an ice arrow hit, and still get to full combo, well... i wouldn't complain.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Pros
+ still has savage blast
+ Boxing glove arrow

Cons

Honestly I don't think his super resets complimented his playstyle towards the end of the original Injustice. He was way too reliant on using his meter to be effective in neutral and adding damage to combos to save for super.

As for ice arrow it sucks that it doesn't restand from the air but it looks like it lasts a lot longer which was a huge flaw with the original ice arrow. Trades may be a lot more viable now.

-LD50-

Honestly I don't think his super resets complimented his playstyle towards the end of the original Injustice. He was way too reliant on using his meter to be effective in neutral and adding damage to combos to save for super.

As for ice arrow it sucks that it doesn't restand from the air but it looks like it lasts a lot longer which was a huge flaw with the original ice arrow. Trades may be a lot more viable now.
I have a feeling the fact that we can combo off it from far away, and load boxing love (and maybe other arrows) off it is huge. Its obvious that GA's corner damage is going to be huge. If he has good corner carry i don't think anyone will miss having reset potential from ice arrow. Plus... mb hurricane and an extra string off ice arrow before launching is gonna make his neutral so much more scary when ice arrow means more than 26% midscreen.

His corner carry wasn't that good in inj1 and i'm thinking it'll be a lot better this time.

I wonder if standing arrow is still +3.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Ice arrows freezing longer could be great. GA was good at the mid screen, like a bit further than start distance, ice arrow could be really strong from this distance, especially if he can now get damage midscreen without being dependent on the ice arrow.

Fully torqued for boxing glove arrow and mb hurricane bow launching (which I think they said was safe lelelelelel)

Also what do we know about the new B2? 3 hit mid, how fast is it?

7L

Heads up!
Small glimpse of some of GA's frame data. Hurricane Bow is safe on block when MB. Only -2. Also, range of all of his normals seem a lot better now that he no longer incorporates the hunting knife and just uses his bow. Video shows damage of boxing glove arrow too outside of a combo. It's a good chunk.

Paused at 2:03, looks like standing fire arrow is +2 and low fire arrow is -2. I'd imagine theyd stay the same for normal arrow at least but we'll see.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I have a feeling the fact that we can combo off it from far away, and load boxing love (and maybe other arrows) off it is huge. Its obvious that GA's corner damage is going to be huge. If he has good corner carry i don't think anyone will miss having reset potential from ice arrow. Plus... mb hurricane and an extra string off ice arrow before launching is gonna make his neutral so much more scary when ice arrow means more than 26% midscreen.

His corner carry wasn't that good in inj1 and i'm thinking it'll be a lot better this time.

I wonder if standing arrow is still +3.
I do know that in the original injustice loading an arrow while the other player was frozen would keep them frozen but allow them to block. This was good for setting up potential situations to reset damage off a mixup. I'm not sure it will work like that in this one though because of the fact that players will be frozen in mid air at times. Is there any confirmation on this?It would be nice to know for sure that we can load a new arrow and continue combos when people are frozen.

Also I have to disagree about arrows corner carry. MB slide was a great tool at pushing people to the corner. The only issue is that it required meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.