What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow In Depth Match Up Discussion (1.06)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I do think that both match ups are very hard but from my experience MMH has the edge.
There's a kouple things you need to do like the oki game, etc.. One thing in particular is poking out of his strings that go into white orbs because he's minus or punishable a lot of times. I prefer to D1~Slide to get out of the orb and do damage.

I agree with 7L in that I think Aquaman is worse..

Reactions: 7L

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Damn d1 slide? That's a bitch on alternate controls.
Just do D1~Savage Blast then... I don't even do D1~Slide all the time. I just think it's a better option for the wall karry.

Savage Blast still gets you away from the orb while still punishing him for things like 22~Klose Orb..

In the korner though you'll probably want to do D1~Slide if you kan.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Just posting some matches from the recent tournament on Long Island. I know I did bad stuff lol. Anyway I've been watching the vids to improve my game. Maybe they can help some people out.

Me vs Tom Brady (Aquaman) and Rapzilla (Batman)

D

Deleted member 28105

In that last game against Rapzilla, once you had the life lead, your zoning was brilliant. Great variety of mixups with ice, fire and electric. Then a MB stinger to push him back out. Good stuff.

Question, does everyone know about how you can option select sky alert to stuff two of Batgirl's wakeups?

EDIT: Dangit...I feel like I'm on the cusp of having something gamechanging here. If you space yourself properly skyalert can stuff cartwheel, punish her teleport, either stuff her uppercut or make it wiff, *and* leave you safe enough to block redemption. Basically, she potentially cannot wakeup, ever.
The spacing is the problem though...easier to do in the corner...but I'm not sure what BNB will leave you just right to do it.

EDIT EDIT: Frustrating....I might do a video and see if you guys can help me develop it further still....but the more I look into this the less viable it seems outside of the corner, and I don't think its possible to get a hard knockdown setup that stuffs all her wakeups.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
Question, does everyone know about how you can option select sky alert to stuff two of Batgirl's wakeups?

EDIT: Dangit...I feel like I'm on the cusp of having something gamechanging here. If you space yourself properly skyalert can stuff cartwheel, punish her teleport, either stuff her uppercut or make it wiff, *and* leave you safe enough to block redemption. Basically, she potentially cannot wakeup, ever.
The spacing is the problem though...easier to do in the corner...but I'm not sure what BNB will leave you just right to do it.

EDIT EDIT: Frustrating....I might do a video and see if you guys can help me develop it further still....but the more I look into this the less viable it seems outside of the corner, and I don't think its possible to get a hard knockdown setup that stuffs all her wakeups.
Yes a video would be great

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

That's part of my oki on her.. Although I don't do raw Sky Alert. I do MB Sky Alert.
Similar to Deathstroke, who you kan beat out of Sword Flip with that move. Good for the moments when you're gonna get chipped out otherwise. MB SA into B3 also kan net you no klash damage to finish the match too so that's good.

Also, off of some knockdowns you have enough advantage to actually shoot an Arrow to stuff kartwheel and still have time to block the teleport and punish.

I actually went through the whole kast back when I thought I was going to use Arrow at SCR.

F2D13, Dash, 223~Load Arrow has the most advantage out of all his knockdowns and generally gives you more options than the other ones do. Unfortunately that move is so wiff unsafe that I hardly ever land it raw like that. When I do go for it I usually have Ice equipped to mitigate the risk with a bigger reward.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just posting some matches from the recent tournament on Long Island. I know I did bad stuff lol. Anyway I've been watching the vids to improve my game. Maybe they can help some people out.

Me vs Tom Brady (Aquaman) and Rapzilla (Batman)

F*ck Aquaman.. But yeah, don't be afraid to block. You don't need to jump. If you read (and then react to) a From The Deep, you kan backdash it and have enough time to load an arrow (which beats jumping) or if you already have an arrow loaded you kan shoot an arrow to check him and go in. Or you kan just go in...

For Batman, I was gonna say, definitely zone him. It's not pre-patch anymore.. You did that well in the last match. Basically, if he's using Bats to get in, that's a good thing. It means you don't have to keep playing relentless defense or taking tons of chip (or interactables).

That's part of my oki on her.. Although I don't do raw Sky Alert. I do MB Sky Alert.
Similar to Deathstroke, who you kan beat out of Sword Flip with that move. Good for the moments when you're gonna get chipped out otherwise. MB SA into B3 also kan net you no klash damage to finish the match too so that's good.

Also, off of some knockdowns you have enough advantage to actually shoot an Arrow to stuff kartwheel and still have time to block the teleport and punish.

I actually went through the whole kast back when I thought I was going to use Arrow at SCR.
Yeah, I messed around with it in the lab and off of a knockdown anywhere other then the corner the only way I was able to get a non MB skyalert to work was if I didn't load an arrow and took a step forward first. Eitherway....I almost feel like there's not much point to doing it on Batgirl outside of the corner because it seems like even if you guess right it costs you a bar you don't even get a punish from what I can see. Seems like savage blast is just a better answer to get her to stop waking up in general, although Skyalert can definitely stop her from cartwheeling once you get corner pressure and she can punish your savage blast....so it has its uses.

So do you actually have a list written down then for what to do on knockdown against the whole cast? I have a capture card currently collecting dust ATM until I can finalize some other stuff for my webseries. Maybe it would be cool to make a visual oki guide.

F2D13, Dash, 223~Load Arrow has the most advantage out of all his knockdowns and generally gives you more options than the other ones do. Unfortunately that move is so wiff unsafe that I hardly ever land it raw like that. When I do go for it I usually have Ice equipped to mitigate the risk with a bigger reward.
Likewise. Seems like it could be a useful string....don't know if I'll ever be able to land it 10 out of 10 times though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah, I messed around with it in the lab and off of a knockdown anywhere other then the corner the only way I was able to get a non MB skyalert to work was if I didn't load an arrow and took a step forward first. Eitherway....I almost feel like there's not much point to doing it on Batgirl outside of the corner because it seems like even if you guess right it costs you a bar you don't even get a punish from what I can see. Seems like savage blast is just a better answer to get her to stop waking up in general, although Skyalert can definitely stop her from cartwheeling once you get corner pressure and she can punish your savage blast....so it has its uses.

So do you actually have a list written down then for what to do on knockdown against the whole cast? I have a capture card currently collecting dust ATM until I can finalize some other stuff for my webseries. Maybe it would be cool to make a visual oki guide.

Likewise. Seems like it could be a useful string....don't know if I'll ever be able to land it 10 out of 10 times though.
Well, I would MB Sky Alert if I read a teleport but want to maintain pressure and kover my bases. If it hits her out of tele, you get a B3 into a kombo so that's good. Otherwise, it kould hit her and leave her standing for pressure which is good and sometimes worth the bar. And just like with Deathstroke, it helps you avoid chip..

Off of some knockdowns (maybe all, don't remember) you kan usually time the Savage Blast to beat out kartwheel and still have time to block too.

It would be a ridiculously long video. Not every 223 knockdown is the same.

There was also a few characters where I didn't have an answer other than block: Zod, Flash, Harley, and Lex. (Despite Zod's WUs being stuffable, Arrow didn't really have anything other than off the F2D13, Dash, 223 knockdown) I'm pretty sure I kould've kame up with something against Harley but the few things I tried seemed to not work so well konsidering the risk/reward.

I feel like I kan land the F2D13 kombo (when I've been using Arrow) against everyone reliably except for small characters like Harley, Batgirl, etc. Offline of kourse... That's part of the reason online bugs me so much, I lose soo much on oki.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
What do you guys feel about the sinestro matchup? This is one of the few matchups I don't know well from either side, so I'm trying to get some insight into it.

7L

Heads up!
What do you guys feel about the sinestro matchup? This is one of the few matchups I don't know well from either side, so I'm trying to get some insight into it.
Its all about knowing where fear blast will wiff while duckong to get in. Arrow and sin go toe to toe close up