What's new

Green arrow ice arrow mix up easily blocked?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Please forgive me in advance if all this is total garbage. I know f2d13 and f2d1xx low ice can me blocked on reaction pretty easily. I've had it done to me many times (offline) and had to find a way to land ice arrows. What I came up with works for me all the time when I play offline (only like once a month) and I want to just confirm that it's not just ignorance to the strategy that's making it work.

I'm not claiming this can't be reacted to, I'm asking the community what they think. Maybe put the dummy on record and see if you can consistently block this.

With ice arrow equipped
F2d1xx instant low arrow
F2d1xx overhead arrow
F2d1xx standing arrow into low or overhead release.
F2d13xx any of the above

If you only use 1 or 2 of the options I can see it being easier to block but with all the variables I feel it's hard to consistently block. I recorded the dummy for the full time allowed randomly doing different versions of the string and it was hard for me to block consistently. I just want to be sure it's not just bad reactions on my part. Also the fact that it opens up good players has be convinced it's viable. Like I said though I only play these guys like 1 time a month so it could just be ignorance to the strings.

If anyone has time to test this and leave some info here that would be great.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
I definitely think this is viable! F2D1xx standing arrow into low/overhead is my personal favourite. You have to condition them with the other options such as F2D1xx instant low arrow and F2D13 to keep them from poking out though.

I also find F2D1xx standing arrow into low/overhead very easy to hit-confirm. If F2D1 hits, just release the standing arrow (you can also do D4). I`ve also noticed that in the corner F2D1xx overhead arrow combos. I do not know if it is just my timing midscreen, but I could not get it to combo there.

Scoot Magee

I definitely think this is viable! F2D1xx standing arrow into low/overhead is my personal favourite. You have to condition them with the other options such as F2D1xx instant low arrow and F2D13 to keep them from poking out though.

I also find F2D1xx standing arrow into low/overhead very easy to hit-confirm. If F2D1 hits, just release the standing arrow (you can also do D4). I`ve also noticed that in the corner F2D1xx overhead arrow combos. I do not know if it is just my timing midscreen, but I could not get it to combo there.
Yes f2d1xx overhead arrow does whiff a lot in the corner. I usually do f2d13 low or overhead in that case.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Yes f2d1xx overhead arrow does whiff a lot in the corner. I usually do f2d13 low or overhead in that case.
That was not really what I meant. I tested this on Batman, but when you hit the F2D1 and go into overhead arrow it actually connects. Come to think of it, it is actually pointless to do the overhead arrow after you have hit F2D1. I just thought it was interesting to note that it connects in the corner, but not midscreen.

The overhead arrow does wiff on every character except the big boy characters if they block the F2D1, so you are right :)

Scoot Magee

Also if it's known that f2d13 into low or overhead is your only mix up option in the corner it becomes a lot easier to block. I'll usually just f2d13 xx arrow and try to whiff punish.

Also you can try f2d1 xx slide d1 ice arrow or f2d13 in corner. The f2d1 slide into d1 will only work if the f2d1 is blocked.

Also you can set up some ambiguous crossups off f2d13 arrow with j3 and j1 on certain characters.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

That was not really what I meant. I tested this on Batman, but when you hit the F2D1 and go into overhead arrow it actually connects. Come to think of it, it is actually pointless to do the overhead arrow after you have hit F2D1. I just thought it was interesting to note that it connects in the corner, but not midscreen.

The overhead arrow does wiff on every character except the big boy characters if they block the F2D1, so you are right :)
Oh I see. I just assume the low will always be blocked.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Also if it's known that f2d13 into low or overhead is your only mix up option in the corner it becomes a lot easier to block. I'll usually just f2d13 xx arrow and try to whiff punish.

Also you can try f2d1 xx slide d1 ice arrow or f2d13 in corner.
You still have F2D1xx low arrow as an option though. Do you know if F2D1xx slide connects on smaller characters like Raven, Zatanna etc? On medium hitbox characters you can connect D1 somewhat easier, and on the biggest you can 111 into low arrow for max damage.

Scoot Magee

You still have F2D1xx low arrow as an option though. Do you know if F2D1xx slide connects on smaller characters like Raven, Zatanna etc? On medium hitbox characters you can connect D1 somewhat easier, and on the biggest you can 111 into low arrow for max damage.
I'm not 100% sure on each character. I know that if the slide hits around sweep range it becomes very easy to hit.

Also f2d1 low arrow is an option but I feel if the other player knows that I don't have the overhead arrow option in the corner it will be easily blocked.

Scoot Magee

Electric arrows also need to used more. You get a true 50/50 off of f2d1 xx mb slide and f2d13 xx electric arrow, dash in 111 xx whatever. You get 3 full dashes after MB slide hits 2 if you do mb slide after 111 juggle.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Yup, once you get to a certain level of player everything is gonna get blocked. But you can mix it up with other stuff like 223 (no one knows it's +2 so they always disrespect your poke), b2, grab, etc.

Scoot Magee

Yup, once you get to a certain level of player everything is gonna get blocked. But you can mix it up with other stuff like 223 (no one knows it's +2 so they always disrespect your poke), b2, grab, etc.
That just makes me not even want to play the character anymore.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You have other options though for mixing it up. Like delays and such, though if people knew the character they'd realize that prolonging the mix up also leaves us open. Risk/Reward then doesn't favor arrow and over time habits become easier to read.

You kould go down immediately then rise, then go back down, etc.. You kould also dash kancel like F2D1~[4]~Dash to reset the situation and employ a different mix up or grab.

Also don't forget that F2D13/F2D1~Slide is a true 50/50. And in the korner you kan even get a kombo..

I usually use slide more when I want to gain momentum or I see that they always start their fuzzy guard standing.

7L

Heads up!
F2d1xx standing drawn arrow into low or overhead works much better than going straight to low. The extra time inbetween makes the opponent think and then thats when they start kind of having to guess. But the low will always come out faster than the overhead.

7L

Heads up!
Electric arrows also need to used more. You get a true 50/50 off of f2d1 xx mb slide and f2d13 xx electric arrow, dash in 111 xx whatever. You get 3 full dashes after MB slide hits 2 if you do mb slide after 111 juggle.
electric arrows and situational since you need them loaded, but anti air with them is risky but you can do stuff like AA up elect arrow, b3, j3 111 load ice or something from that sort.

you can also combo pretty easily into d2, elect arrow, b3 and so on.

D

Deleted member 28105

I don't even use ice arrows, he doesn't need them :DOGE

TATAKAE

Punishment by knee of justice
Um when I play green arrows I usually fall for d1 jump back arrow...

and I play arrow...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's so fast doe...........

Is there a way to block Arrows mixups? ALL OF THEM?

Any read? tell? Anyway to stop him?
If he stands up after D1 get up.

Arrow's mix ups are for the most part visible, you just have to get used to the opponents habits. D1~Anything is usually the easiest to avoid since he only has the two mix up options so you block low then get up on reaction.

Depending on your character you kan also D1 in between D1~arrow even if he jumps back, just watch out for D1~Savage Blast or D1~Slide.