What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
223 electro arrow into b3 is so tough for me. I'm thinking it's my television. I have a 6 year old LED that doesn't have a game mode. I wonder if video lag is preventing me from doing some of his combos. I'm also struggling with 113 SB into 33 slide in the corner.

I don't think it's too bad but it's definitely in Cyborg's favor. I know Illusions usually goes Cyborg whenever I match up with him, even in Injustice 1.

I'd still say Fate is harder for GA to deal with though.
Cool you'll probably only fight my cyborg from now on man :D also good luck in the clan war bro hopefully I don't get you right away

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
So do people think Aquaman is still a bad MU after the patch? I don't know if that's the case.

I think poison Ivy was a bad MU before and is most likely worse now. I don't have MU experience vs a lot of the cast but I think Poison Ivy was probably one of his harder MU's.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
So do people think Aquaman is still a bad MU after the patch? I don't know if that's the case.

I think poison Ivy was a bad MU before and is most likely worse now. I don't have MU experience vs a lot of the cast but I think Poison Ivy was probably one of his harder MU's.
Why is Ivy bad? Is there any recorded footage of the match up?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Would any Green Arrow players be willing to explore oki with me?

I was thinking we kould make a document where we add options for each character..

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Would any Green Arrow players be willing to explore oki with me?

I was thinking we kould make a document where we add options for each character..
End all your corner combos into slide. Great hit adv frames breh. best OKI. if you use MB F3 it will beat even Deadshot's knee MB

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
End all your corner combos into slide. Great hit adv frames breh. best OKI. if you use MB F3 it will beat even Deadshot's knee MB
Not sure if you're trolling or not. MB F3 is punishable if they delay their rise...
Anyway, I was thinking of things more in the line of finding how to tailor kombos to get oki. Like in the following example. I didn't do my usual 3~Sky Alert after the MB Hurricane Bow because it gave me too short of a knockdown advantage on the B23. But with this kombo, I have enough time for the meaty.

Depending on your kombo and timing, you have different time frames to do something on your knockdown. A lot of characters have stuffable wake ups too.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Not sure if you're trolling or not. MB F3 is punishable if they delay their rise...
Anyway, I was thinking of things more in the line of finding how to tailor kombos to get oki. Like in the following example. I didn't do my usual 3~Sky Alert after the MB Hurricane Bow because it gave me too short of a knockdown advantage on the B23. But with this kombo, I have enough time for the meaty.

Depending on your kombo and timing, you have different time frames to do something on your knockdown. A lot of characters have stuffable wake ups too.
Corner combos i mean :p

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...

I really like the 33 option as a meaty, because on block a standing arrow jails, and you are +2

I've been working on oki too. I think the tricky part is trying to maximise damage in all situations while still trying to end with b23. These are the combos I've been trying to make my new BnB's:

D1xxdf1mb(walk forward a step),3xxdb1(1),b3,b23

J3,D1xxdf1mb,d3 (probably only with the meter if you already have an ice arrow stocked)

(On raw ice arrow hit) b3,ff,3db1,b23

(On ice arrow hit off a chain) b3,j2,b23

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I've been working on oki too. I think the tricky part is trying to maximise damage in all situations while still trying to end with b23. These are the combos I've been trying to make my new BnB's:

D1xxdf1mb(walk forward a step),3xxdb1(1),b3,b23

J3,D1xxdf1mb,d3 (probably only with the meter if you already have an ice arrow stocked)

(On raw ice arrow hit) b3,ff,3db1,b23

(On ice arrow hit off a chain) b3,j2,b23
I do similar kombos, but I noticed that with some characters you kan get away with less advantage but others you need more. I just have the j2 added for the first one, but the more hits, the less you have in terms of knockdown advantage.

D1xxdf1mb(walk forward a step),3xxdb1(1),b3, j2, b23

I have never thought of doing the second kombo. I am going to check out what I get off of that.

I was thinking of figuring out which kombos are better against which characters and which are the best options for oki following them.

I am kind of going down a list but I haven't written it all down. We sometimes have to drop off a hit from the max damage to get good oki. I kould theoretically do it all on my own, but the kast is large and we have different starters that end up giving different windows of knockdown advantage.

If no one is interested. I might just have to do it all on my own again like I did in Injustice 1...

I main the flash and am pretty nice with him, but there's some mu's that I've decided I don't need to put myself through. So I picked up GA to help. I don't use zoners so I know it's going to be a process. I was just hoping you guys could help me.

When do I load arrows? This is getting me killed and I need to be smart about it, but do you guys load arrows in neutral? Also I see a lot of combos and though I am not too worried about this, because I need to learn neutral first, should I go hkd every time?

Thank you guys and any tips would help. I've become a spammer and its like playing a whole new game now.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I main the flash and am pretty nice with him, but there's some mu's that I've decided I don't need to put myself through. So I picked up GA to help. I don't use zoners so I know it's going to be a process. I was just hoping you guys could help me.

When do I load arrows? This is getting me killed and I need to be smart about it, but do you guys load arrows in neutral? Also I see a lot of combos and though I am not too worried about this, because I need to learn neutral first, should I go hkd every time?

Thank you guys and any tips would help. I've become a spammer and its like playing a whole new game now.
I think loading your arrows as soon as you run out is a sign of a new player. In other words, don't do it unless you've seen your opponents habits. I recommend you load arrows after you land a regular 1% arrow or if you see them waiting for your next shot. Otherwise, don't load in the neutral, especially not if they are in jump distance.

I prefer to go HKD every time I kan if I know how to oki the opponent. Otherwise, I end in 111 so I kan push them to the korner if they roll or get some arrow shot oki if they don't. Ending in slide also pushes them to the korner but has a little less advantage, but a little more meter building.

And yeah, good luck being a spammer.. You're now no longer fighting like a man, even though before you were killing people with 50-50s into insane damage... :rolleyes:

I think loading your arrows as soon as you run out is a sign of a new player. In other words, don't do it unless you've seen your opponents habits. I recommend you load arrows after you land a regular 1% arrow or if you see them waiting for your next shot. Otherwise, don't load in the neutral, especially not if they are in jump distance.

I prefer to go HKD every time I kan if I know how to oki the opponent. Otherwise, I end in 111 so I kan push them to the korner if they roll or get some arrow shot oki if they don't. Ending in slide also pushes them to the korner but has a little less advantage, but a little more meter building.

And yeah, good luck being a spammer.. You're now no longer fighting like a man, even though before you were killing people with 50-50s into insane damage... :rolleyes:
I appreciate the tips. I still have to learn the oki game so I'll use 111 for now. I think loading arrows is my biggest downfall so ill try to gain hit advantage first like you said. Also I feel like his only good button close up is d1. Is there button I can rely on?

Lol I don't get the hate zoners receive. Nothing is dumber than bms jump 2.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I appreciate the tips. I still have to learn the oki game so I'll use 111 for now. I think loading arrows is my biggest downfall so ill try to gain hit advantage first like you said. Also I feel like his only good button close up is d1. Is there button I can rely on?

Lol I don't get the hate zoners receive. Nothing is dumber than bms jump 2.
D1 is what opens up your options. It komes from mixing in D1~Savage Blast or D1~Slide to prevent interrupts to doing D1 into a string or D1~arrow once they stopped...

Also, you have to be kareful with F2D1. A lot of characters get a punish if it misses or if they backdash the F2. It has so much wiff recovery that people, that have jumped out of the way, have been able to land and THEN wiff punish me with a 13+ frame normal. Although, usually people don't want to backdash when you're able to zone them out.

And yeah. Batman is a pretty f*cked up character overall. Some other characters have awkward fake krossups too though, which I really dislike in this game.

D1 is what opens up your options. It komes from mixing in D1~Savage Blast or D1~Slide to prevent interrupts to doing D1 into a string or D1~arrow once they stopped...

Also, you have to be kareful with F2D1. A lot of characters get a punish if it misses or if they backdash the F2. It has so much wiff recovery that people, that have jumped out of the way, have been able to land and THEN wiff punish me with a 13+ frame normal. Although, usually people don't want to backdash when you're able to zone them out.

And yeah. Batman is a pretty f*cked up character overall. Some other characters have awkward fake krossups too though, which I really dislike in this game.
So d1 into ice arrow to make them respect me?