What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Arrow combo video with basic & advanced damage by Honzo Gonzo

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
He's got the tricks and he's got the arrows and in this video you will see some more basic and advanced combos by Capcom community member, Honzo Gonzo. Honzo Gonzo sent us his combo video showing off some combos he's been working on with Green Arrow. Naturally, Injustice's controls fit him quite well. These combos deal in a wide range of damage for those who need more of a starter combo to more of an advanced damage scale. Check them out and let him know what you think.

Source: TheWasteofFlesh

Attachments

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Nice...confirms what I was getting in the lab though. Which is that GA is a meter whore in his combos. Anything over 30% seems to start placing demands on meter since he can only load 1 ice arrow for extensions. Anyone know of any moves withEX cancels or launcher like properties that might be good to work together? As is I'm making situational junk that uses stage hazards for damage and thats too position and select screen based to rely on.

Need dat damage.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Seems painfully obvious that some very broken OTGs will be discovered soon. Im working on one right now because of something i just saw in this video.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
OTG means on the ground. If you look at the Super move combos he first shoots a regular arrow which knocks them on the ground then blasts them with a super arrow which hits and continues the combo. It's a big deal because usually in fighting games you are invulnerable for a sec after getting knocked to the ground to allow you to recover but OTGs will hit you regardless.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
GA damage is kinda low but I wont make the same mistakes from when mk9 came out. I wont bitch about anything till we get the game figured out:)

OTG means on the ground. If you look at the Super move combos he first shoots a regular arrow which knocks them on the ground then blasts them with a super arrow which hits and continues the combo. It's a big deal because usually in fighting games you are invulnerable for a sec after getting knocked to the ground to allow you to recover but OTGs will hit you regardless.
Ah, got it. Thanks.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
What's an OTG?
OTG= if a body hits the floor this combo aint over.

Any moves usable as one are to be treasured and explored. MVC3 vanilla lacked good OTG's for the whole cast and a lot of guys had to make teams with OTG capabilities to get the most out of them.

Things that are cool with OTG's.
  • SPEED-any fast OTG means you have less of a chance of dropping your combo because it didn't come out quick enough. Faster the better.
  • RANGE- you want it to be close enough that you wont whiff it if you are on top of a body when it falls. Back dashing to OTG properly is a bit hectic sometimes so close up is good.
  • AIR- Some folks have OTG's that can be done in the air. This is great because it means you can do jump ins or air attacks at any point in your combo and if they drop out below you then you can OTG and by the time you land they will be plenty high enough to keep juggling. More options exist if you can do an air OTG in a combo. Taskmaster was great at this.
  • SUPER SETUPS- sometimes you have scaled a combo damned far and you just cant setup a super. Most any super ever can be done straight off an OTG so extend your combo as far as you can. Just remember to keep in mind the range of your OTG and super so you know how to position yourself at the end to finish with OTG into super for bigger damage.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Great stuff. Im really liking green arrow at the moment, hopefully we wont see any unnecessary patches. he seems pretty fair to me

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
OTG= if a body hits the floor this combo aint over.

Any moves usable as one are to be treasured and explored. MVC3 vanilla lacked good OTG's for the whole cast and a lot of guys had to make teams with OTG capabilities to get the most out of them.

Things that are cool with OTG's.
  • SPEED-any fast OTG means you have less of a chance of dropping your combo because it didn't come out quick enough. Faster the better.
  • RANGE- you want it to be close enough that you wont whiff it if you are on top of a body when it falls. Back dashing to OTG properly is a bit hectic sometimes so close up is good.
  • AIR- Some folks have OTG's that can be done in the air. This is great because it means you can do jump ins or air attacks at any point in your combo and if they drop out below you then you can OTG and by the time you land they will be plenty high enough to keep juggling. More options exist if you can do an air OTG in a combo. Taskmaster was great at this.
  • SUPER SETUPS- sometimes you have scaled a combo damned far and you just cant setup a super. Most any super ever can be done straight off an OTG so extend your combo as far as you can. Just remember to keep in mind the range of your OTG and super so you know how to position yourself at the end to finish with OTG into super for bigger damage.
The fuck are you talking about?

Ok. So what Shadowebb explained is "okie setups" cool. What does the Okie stand for.

I found out what OTG means "on the ground" - what I did not find put is it's concept.

If you guys won't giving a nice summary or breakdown - I would greatly appreciate it.