What's new

Green Arrow Combo Thread

Dolfy

Noob
Some observations I've made about combo execution & consistency:

• j1 b23 xx df1 after an electric arrow/b3 route seems to drop more often then it succeeds. I think j3 22 xx df1 is a solid substitute.
  • db1 in the corner seems too inconsistent to rely upon. I've had an issue with it myself, and watching videos of other Arrows, they have the same issues. I'm kinda wondering if db1 routes are worth going for because of the inconsistency. I've also noticed they tend to drop on lighter/skinnier chars.
  • j1 b23 xx df1 seems easier to land if you do the j1 earlier. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of j1 b23 xx df1 in general because the first hit of b2 just lacks so much range. I still go for it if the gravity hasn't been scaled yet though.
Last question I had was: What are people doing off of f3 midscreen?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Some observations I've made about combo execution & consistency:

• j1 b23 xx df1 after an electric arrow/b3 route seems to drop more often then it succeeds. I think j3 22 xx df1 is a solid substitute.
  • db1 in the corner seems too inconsistent to rely upon. I've had an issue with it myself, and watching videos of other Arrows, they have the same issues. I'm kinda wondering if db1 routes are worth going for because of the inconsistency. I've also noticed they tend to drop on lighter/skinnier chars.
  • j1 b23 xx df1 seems easier to land if you do the j1 earlier. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of j1 b23 xx df1 in general because the first hit of b2 just lacks so much range. I still go for it if the gravity hasn't been scaled yet though.
Last question I had was: What are people doing off of f3 midscreen?
I never used J1 B23.. If I want a B23 ender I use J2 and just make sure to do the J2 pretty late into the fall animation.

The db1 thing in the korner is because of spacing... I look at what range I am at when I do the kombos now, and if I am too far I go for straight arrow instead of db1 and finish the kombo. If you notice on the kombos I posted, I walk forward in between some parts to guarantee konsistency, but it still relies on starting klose enough to the korner.

After F3 I was doing J2 111... I don't really use it midscreen though, only really in the korner.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Update on the combo thread.

Im bad at being an adult. I sat down and got about 90% of it done. I have all the info and most of the structure and wording done. Just have to start to bring the info into the structure, correlate and label, then final formatting.
Looking forward to it.. Be sure to tag me when you post it...

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah Red Hood dropped and it put me behind again lol. Sorry guys. It's not dead though, I'm still here. If every dog at work and a rather large pig - with the imaginative name of Wilbur - don't literally turn in to shit spraying firehose again tonight, I'll finish it up at work.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah Red Hood dropped and it put me behind again lol. Sorry guys. It's not dead though, I'm still here. If every dog at work and a rather large pig - with the imaginative name of Wilbur - don't literally turn in to shit spraying firehose again tonight, I'll finish it up at work.
lol... Don't forget about Charlotte.... What kind of job do you work in?

EntropicByDesign

@EntropicByDesign So what's the update on the thread you're making?
A) I am a bad person and keep forgetting.

B) I've said that before, but when I get off work in a few hours I will sit down and work on it. Im literally an hour or less from having at least a rough draft to post, it's laziness and my goldfish memory that's kept it back. I will try to get a rough draft posted by 930am est.

Dolfy

Noob
I'm late but thanks for the help! I'm finding a quick j2 after b3 makes connecting b23 xx df1 way easier.

EntropicByDesign

@Red Reaper I'm the night manager of a "luxury" boarding kennel for.. well, just about any kind of pet you might have. Though we are 99% dogs and cats.

Also, new combo thread is up in VERY BETA form. Additional update (s) later tonight to start to turn it in to something worth having.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Not sure if this has been found yet, I apologize if so.. But I found a new MB F3 corner combo instead of my previous one I posted before:

EDIT: Here's the version using MB hurricane bow instead:

Damn that's nice, and 100% consistent without the DB1 sometimes screwing up, I like it

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So I looked around and didn't see anyone mention it, but in the corner a nice meterless is...

Savage Blast f.2d.13 113xxhurricane bow. It's good for beginners who are learning to pressure with savage blast against a cornered opponent.

Also if they happen to not block the last hit of f.2d.13, you can quickly input f.3 raw and it'll connect for some meaty damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Going to get back to editing the GA combo thread again. Been super busy lately.
Ok well if you include the combo I listed it deals 344.77 damage on superman for the first, and I think an optimal (f.2d.1)3 f.3 combo ends up dealing around like 450-ish meterless.

I think it'd be (f.2d.1)3 f.3 3xxsky alert 11xxsky alert 113xxhurricane bow, does about 435.65

Last edited:

Lo0py

Noob
Ok well if you include the combo I listed it deals 344.77 damage on superman for the first, and I think an optimal (f.2d.1)3 f.3 combo ends up dealing around like 450-ish meterless.

I think it'd be (f.2d.1)3 f.3 3xxsky alert 11xxsky alert 113xxhurricane bow, does about 435.65
I tried this and you can't do the f3 after f2d13, I'm doing it at the first possible moment and it doesn't hit. But what I do is: F2d13, b23xxdb2, 111xxdf1 or 33xxdf1 but I prefer ending in the slide instead.

Sidenote: The 111df1 ender only works on males.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I tried this and you can't do the f3 after f2d13, I'm doing it at the first possible moment and it doesn't hit. But what I do is: F2d13, b23xxdb2, 111xxdf1 or 33xxdf1 but I prefer ending in the slide instead.

Sidenote: The 111df1 ender only works on males.
You're not supposed to hit the f2d13, only the last 3.

It's tight but it's possible

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Lo0py I think the F3 kombo might not work if they are hit while krouching.. The MB Hurricane Bow version though should work all the time though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah I know, and it really bothers me.. I hope they notice that the gravity changes while crouching and fix it.
I don't think it's the gravity... I think they just launch lower to begin with. A lot of his korner kombos with 113 require that he go under the opponent during that string and these kombos are the same way, but I don't think the intial 3 into Up Haven Blast hits them that high to start. I kould be wrong though.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
OP has really done a killer job updating this thread. Unreal.

Why make the fucking thread if you're NEVER going to bother to touch it again???