What's new

Guide Green Arrow Character Guide written by Cossner

Honfar

Noob
After 3+ hours of testing D2 cancel into frost arrow, ive found the only 100% reliable way to do it is press these buttons in THIS order:
left thumb press down, when you release, slide right thumb from 2 to 4, THEN press left with your left thumb.

so basically, DOWN24LEFT in that order, quickly. if not, half the time you will end up doing some of his other moves.

works 99.9999% of the time for me. where pressing (logically) DOWN2, DOWNLEFT4, just RARELY works.

please add this to the FAQ or the moves list to save other players some time trying to figure it out :)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
After 3+ hours of testing D2 cancel into frost arrow, ive found the only 100% reliable way to do it is press these buttons in THIS order:
left thumb press down, when you release, slide right thumb from 2 to 4, THEN press left with your left thumb.

so basically, DOWN24LEFT in that order, quickly. if not, half the time you will end up doing some of his other moves.

works 99.9999% of the time for me. where pressing (logically) DOWN2, DOWNLEFT4, just RARELY works.

please add this to the FAQ or the moves list to save other players some time trying to figure it out :)
That's how negative edge works on NRS games. Either way added.

Last edited:
One thing I know I really need to work on is that I tend to get a transition when I know I should really be going for corner pressure, but I'm so used to doing B3 into a bnb that I get one when I don't intend to. What are some good bnb's to put them in the corner when you're just inside the transition zone, but not quite where you can do a corner combo?

ando1184

Noob
One thing I know I really need to work on is that I tend to get a transition when I know I should really be going for corner pressure, but I'm so used to doing B3 into a bnb that I get one when I don't intend to. What are some good bnb's to put them in the corner when you're just inside the transition zone, but not quite where you can do a corner combo?
After a d1 freeze I tend to do f3, jmp 2, 223/111 and that puts them in the corner and doesn't sacrifice too much damage. However, if you freeze after a 111 or f2d13 I suggest just f3, 111/223 load

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
After a d1 freeze I tend to do f3, jmp 2, 223/111 and that puts them in the corner and doesn't sacrifice too much damage. However, if you freeze after a 111 or f2d13 I suggest just f3, 111/223 load
I know it's less damage but I tend to use J.1 into 111 standing arrow. You can 50/50 with MB slide and B23 after for an extra 15%. Usually it depends on how I landed the ice arrow though.

I've actually been using another variation of this though. You can do f2d13 or f2d1 MB slide for a true 50/50 also.

Last edited:

Sn0opy

Noob
An absolutely great guide. I've been putting it into practice and my Arrow game has already improved. I have a completely new out look on this character. Again, great guide.